Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

So should I expect vibration after my wheels are on if balance is good? Lol just read the last few posts or is there something I should do prior to install to fix and where do you feel vibration in the steering wheel

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I was just thinking. There are retainer clips on the rear hubs (I'm blanking the actual name right now) that the stock wheels have a cutout for but aftermarket wheels don't. If they didn't pull these retainer clips off your rear wheels will not be mounting flush which would cause the vibration. Might be something to check. Number 2 on the following diagram.

03afe58b842abf3cc5a305f1eae6d6cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This x1000

Not shitting you this was the problem. I got my truck back today and they rebalanced the tires and discovered they had not pulled these retainer clips off. I haven't had a chance to drive it on the highway just yet (more on that later) but it already feels 10x better.

And more on my shit week. I was driving home, on the left lane, when this older guy decides that he wants to be in my lane too. Problem is, he never saw me....

Gmc9BTz.jpg?1

aTl7d9O.jpg

kZ3qKmi.jpg

SEn3djJ.jpg

AT LEAST MY NEW WHEELS LOOK GOOD!

irGeZ8T.jpg

KZwgHbv.gif

• Like 6

Are you experiencing vibration, or preparing? If your balance is good, you shouldn't feel vibration unless something else is wrong.

Was just preparing for the worst but I'll make sure that those clips come off and then make sure my balance is good. And should be smooth sailing and happy

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Speaking of the devil....

drgmiNk.jpg

1ppiEVl.jpg

18x9 +18 Method Nv's

285/65r18 BFG Ko2

Bilstein 5100 set at max height

I wasn't expecting these to get here till Thursday/Friday, but I got a welcome call early this morning letting me know they were in. Took a few hours off work and got them thrown on. They look fantastic but look even better in person. I'll snap up some more pictures this weekend once I get it cleaned.

Yup should've gotten silver :( i'm pretty sold on machined face NVs that way if i want i can powder coat them black. Looks great, sorry about the scratch! I would be pissed but hey elderly right?

• Like 1

This x1000

Not shitting you this was the problem. I got my truck back today and they rebalanced the tires and discovered they had not pulled these retainer clips off. I haven't had a chance to drive it on the highway just yet (more on that later) but it already feels 10x better.

And more on my shit week. I was driving home, on the left lane, when this older guy decides that he wants to be in my lane too. Problem is, he never saw me....

This post was a roller coaster of emotions for me! I was happy for you that your vibration was an easy fix with those clips. Then, got mad about the accident because I know how hard it is to have nice things. Then looked closer and actually laughed at how ridiculous the whole thing probably seemed when that guy just started trying to cram his mirror up your ass while you were just cruising down the road. And, I'm a huge tire and wheel guy...so the last pic had me thinking, "Dang, that's a good looking combo!"....and then I was rolling when I saw the MJ gif, haha! Great post.....but sorry about the damage to your truck! :):(:lol::uhoh::cheers:

• Like 1

Yup should've gotten silver :( i'm pretty sold on machined face NVs that way if i want i can powder coat them black. Looks great, sorry about the scratch! I would be pissed but hey elderly right?

lol, I was upset. But once I pulled over the guy pulled in behind me and looked at his mirror and said, "I'm ok if your ok with it!"

:nonod:

I looked over to my fender and door and was like, "sorry man. I'm not ok with it. My fender and door are pretty dinged up"

Dude could barely get out of his car, I felt bad and wasn't all that upset then. Shit happens, hopefully his insurance forks up and pays for it quickly.

And here i just thought i had settled on machined face you go and do this! Looks great now i want black lol

Just make sure and check out both 17" and 18" version of the NV's. The 17's have a more natural concave face where the spokes actually curve in. The 18"s are flat face and just have a lip around the wheel. They both look great, just depends on what look and tires you want to go with.

This post was a roller coaster of emotions for me! I was happy for you that your vibration was an easy fix with those clips. Then, got mad about the accident because I know how hard it is to have nice things. Then looked closer and actually laughed at how ridiculous the whole thing probably seemed when that guy just started trying to cram his mirror up your ass while you were just cruising down the road. And, I'm a huge tire and wheel guy...so the last pic had me thinking, "Dang, that's a good looking combo!"....and then I was rolling when I saw the MJ gif, haha! Great post.....but sorry about the damage to your truck! :):(:lol::uhoh::cheers:

Haha thx man. I'm glad my misfortunes could bring joy to someone else. I still need to fix my squeaky breaks, but after the last few days all I want to do is relax this weekend.

• Like 2

This x1000

AT LEAST MY NEW WHEELS LOOK GOOD!

Jesus Christ!!!!!

That's unbelievable!

Wheels do look damn good though!

• Like 1

post-204-0-01629000-1443361340_thumb.jpg

Issue resolved. The CK106 wheels fixed my balance issue. 3/4 are down to single digit road force. I have 1 wheel/tire in the mid 20's but that's well within the limits. They also fit on the hubs a lot tighter. I'll take some more pics with the wheels and truck clean. I drove through a rain storm to the lake when this one was taken. The weather never lines up with when I wash my truck. :)

attachicon.gifIMG_0594.JPG

Issue resolved. The CK106 wheels fixed my balance issue. 3/4 are down to single digit road force. I have 1 wheel/tire in the mid 20's but that's well within the limits. They also fit on the hubs a lot tighter. I'll take some more pics with the wheels and truck clean. I drove through a rain storm to the lake when this one was taken. The weather never lines up with when I wash my truck. :)

Looks good! The road force spec for the 14/15 trucks is only 15lbs. I would get the one in the 20's checked out, something must not be right with that tire or wheel.