Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

295/70R17 Toyo RT

17x8 +0 4.5"BS XD RG1's

AAC4A884-C7E3-49BA-93AF-13EE329E56CB_zps

any more pictures from front or another angle?

i have a cobalt blue sierra...looking to get 17inch fuels on a 2 inch level with 1.5 BL... wasnt sure how lifted trucks with 17s would look though. planning to run 285 or 295s as well.

any more pictures from front or another angle?

i have a cobalt blue sierra...looking to get 17inch fuels on a 2 inch level with 1.5 BL... wasnt sure how lifted trucks with 17s would look though. planning to run 285 or 295s as well.

I'll snap a few more tomorrow.

I actually prefer the look of the smaller wheel, as long as it's something with some substance to it. These, Raceline monsters, Walker Evans legends etc. not a lot of little spokes. That's probably from my off-roading background too. No offense to anyone on here with them, but just about every truck in my area has 20" Fuel Mavericks or something very similar and I wanted the complete opposite.

• Like 2

I'm sure this has been asked already. But what exactly is the offset? I've heard +-12, 18, +-24. Not sure what all that means. I have a stock 2014 Silverado Crew Cab. I want to get BF Goodrich KO2 and KMC Monster wheels put on. I'm contemplating getting a leveling kit or lift. And do I really need one..? Also, I looked at Tire Rack and it says the offset of the wheels I want is 18mm, is that just typical or do I have to add something when I put them on my truck. A lot of questions but feedback is much appreciated. By the way, GO STEELERS!

I'm sure this has been asked already. But what exactly is the offset? I've heard +-12, 18, +-24. Not sure what all that means. I have a stock 2014 Silverado Crew Cab. I want to get BF Goodrich KO2 and KMC Monster wheels put on. I'm contemplating getting a leveling kit or lift. And do I really need one..? Also, I looked at Tire Rack and it says the offset of the wheels I want is 18mm, is that just typical or do I have to add something when I put them on my truck. A lot of questions but feedback is much appreciated. By the way, GO STEELERS!

Google it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Go to custom wheel offsets and look at all the different trucks that are posted on there to see which offset you like the best. Just depends on if you want a stock look, flush with the fenders, or more of the wheel/tire outside of the fender. My 20x9 +18 KMC XD wheel site just outside of the fender with a 33x12" tire and looks perfect to me

It's the measurement from the center of the rim to mounting face. 0 offset means where the wheel mounts to the truck is dead center. negative measurements mean the wheel mounting face is moved by that distance towards the truck making the wheel and tire stick out, the opposite for positive offset. the number is the measurement in millimeters. stock wheels have a + 27 or about 1". so a plus 18 would make the wheel stick out about 9 mm or 3/8" more than the factory.

Edited by abominable z71
  • Like 1

Your stock rims will have something stamped on the back of them like this. These are my stock 2014 GMC Z71 rims:

18x8.5Jx24

18 = rim diameter

8.5 = rim width

24 = offset

If you get +18 rims, your rim edge will protrude outward from your hub about .25 of an inch....or basically no difference from stock. You can get away with 0 offset (rim sticking out about 1" from stock) if you keep your tires to 295 or smaller and install a level.

To answer your direct question, you can install the +18 rims you want with any tire 285 or smaller without a level. 295 will most likely need a level. 305 will most likely rub somewhere and is the probably too large for anything other than a street queen unless you go to a true 4" or + suspension lift.

Anyone with 275 tire and +15 offset or anything relatively close?

Im trying to guage how much tire will be outside wheel well. Prefer flush to tucked in. Wheels im looking at getting come in +15 only

I've got 275s on stock +24. +15 is going to push your rim out about 3/8" from stock. I don't think you will see any noticeable difference in looks or trash kicking up on the side of your truck with that little of offset. 275s look a bit larger than stock, but no difference with speedo or power loss.

Edited by bcbz71