In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

BlueWrapper

Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

Oh man, are you sitting down and holding on to something??!!

BECAUSE I (ME) LIKE IT!!!!!!

...........and it looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahah power to ya man. I have the ridge grapplers on 17s, had the factory 22s before. I'd personally never go for the noise of the grapplers unless I knew I had enough sidewall to handle off road use.

I don't off the top of my head. I can measure them later though

That'd be great.

• Like 1

I don't off the top of my head. I can measure them later though

That'd be great.

Hahah power to ya man. I have the ridge grapplers on 17s, had the factory 22s before. I'd personally never go for the noise of the grapplers unless I knew I had enough sidewall to handle off road

I think the tires are relatively quiet and these large bodies require larger wheels IMO. I'm on pavement 99.9999% of the time anyway so it's the perfect setup for me.

I think the tires are relatively quiet and these large bodies require larger wheels IMO. I'm on pavement 99.9999% of the time anyway so it's the perfect setup for me.

Quiet compared to what? A diesel locomotive? My 22" duelers were silent. The grapplers sound like a freight train. I would have turned around a mile from the tire shop if they weren't awesome off-road.

Edited by Bushleaguechew

Quiet compared to what? A diesel locomotive? My 22" duelers were silent. The grapplers sound like a freight train. I would have turned around a mile from the tire shop if they weren't awesome off-road.

My ridge grapplers are very quiet for what they are. I love them, they are hardly any louder than the Bridgestone's that came on my truck. There is way louder tires..

My ridge grapplers are very quiet for what they are. I love them, they are hardly any louder than the Bridgestone's that came on my truck. There is way louder tires..

I agree, for what they are they aren't bad. I definitely wouldn't be able to tolerate mud tires. But these are definitely much louder than the stock Bridgestones if I turn the radio off.

ive had BFG MTs, Toyo MTs, Nitto Trail Grapplers...............

ive had BFG MTs, Toyo MTs, Nitto Trail Grapplers...............

Those would be louder then. To each their own, I guess I just can't justify the trade off of noise for aesthetics on a pavement truck.

Those would be louder then. To each their own, I guess I just can't justify the trade off of noise for aesthetics on a pavement truck.

i have dynomax bullet dumped over the axle so that's definitely much louder than the tires lol

a6d69f95021aea0c9954c44de4d65084.png

Anxiously awaiting these guys to show up from custom offsets!

17x9 et -6 Pro Comp 5045 with 285/70-17 KO2 tires. Before and after:

before1_zps1zaigggj.jpg

after1_zpswzr5e24a.jpg

before3_zpsxolazixm.jpg

after3_zpskeb35fav.jpg

before4_zpsmavdoiqr.jpg

after4_zpsbhxlx2uj.jpg

before5_zps8uuab9yk.jpg

after5_zps2uw5kv31.jpg

Hey is that bridge street!? I'm in Scituate. Truck looks awesome man!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hey is that bridge street!? I'm in Scituate. Truck looks awesome man!

Thanks, man.

Yes, I live about 5 mins from you. Marshfield Hills. I see you all the time when I am working. Quincy Shore Drive/Neponset Bridge, Rte 93, South Boston....your truck is an eye catcher.

Thanks, man.

Yes, I live about 5 mins from you. Marshfield Hills. I see you all the time when I am working. Quincy Shore Drive/Neponset Bridge, Rte 93, South Boston....your truck is an eye catcher.

Oh right! I had not seen your truck before. We should do a photoshoot haha

go for it! I'm just needing to take off my side steps now and I will be happy with it! I wanted to make it look more like a truck without going too crazy because it's my daily driver and for me personally it's pretty much perfect and I'm happy with how it turned out

When you walk up to your truck, do you ever think, man, I wish I had a little bigger tires? Not bashing your truck; it looks good, but I'm torn between just putting 285/65 Nitto RGs on my leveled DC, or putting a 1.5 BL and running 295/65 GY Duratracs, or 305/65 BFG KO2s.

I hate the look of the side steps but need a way to get up in it. Are you going to put AMPs on it?

Love this. I'm looking to do a 20x9 +1 with the same tires. I may get bashed for this, but how did this affect your gas mileage? I drive a fair distance to work each day so this really is a factor for me.

Well it's been about a week. Highway is around 18, city 15. Before I was 17ish city, 20 highway. I did on a long trip get 22mpg (before new tires/level). I'll be doing that same trip soon, I'll report back what I get. Overall for daily driving with city/some highway my average is staying at around mid 16s