EChavez - 2014 Sierra SLT 6.2 White Diamond

EChavez

Love the work you have done on the truck with the Projectors and halos...

On the Halos - what size did you put on and where did you get those?

Also - as I am a newbie overall, can you point me in the direction of how I would clear out the turn signals as you did? Is it something you purchase to swap out the amber color or something else...

I just picked up my Denali and of all the mods that I have seen on this entire forum, yours is the best to what I am looking for by far. Nice work...

Mike

So if you have not seen the color matching fender molding, mirror caps and splash guards, here they are. Also you will see the chrome front hooks.

So here are some things to keep in mind with these add-ons:

• Fender Moldings match the white diamond color pretty well and I think this adds more of an elite look than the stock black/gray moldings. ( just an opinion I know others like that dark contrast)

• The font and rear splash guards are kind of whacky, since they are plastic being painted with white diamond, true color matching misses somewhat. You will notice them being a different shade of white ( more true white) in the shade and darker areas. While in the sun they match very well. I had a hard time at first with this variance so I asked my GM dealer to bring in another set to make sure they are not just a bad batch. I also wanted to make sure they ordered the correct color and not an accidental summit white set.

• The mirror caps come in blank and the dealer needs to paint them. Make sure their body shop can do it better than where I got mine. They did a really crappy paint job so they are ordering a new set and swapping out their crappy ones.

• The hooks are another weird issue in order to put them on the bumper need to come off. So after you do it or the dealer does it ( suggest the dealer it is a pretty cheap price considering the amount of time) make sure the bumper is correctly aligned. If you look closely at mine the bumper is tilted upward / shifted by about 1". Another issue the GM dealer service department is redoing.

But all in all, I am getting close to finishing the simple add-ons. Oh I forgot the tint is 30x on the passenger and driver windows. I used clear tint on the windshield and the other windows to reduce UV light coming in on the leather. I can really tell a difference in the heat inside the vehicle with all windows having UV protection

That is why I would like to know how you did you light set-up. Did you do it all or did you order parts and had someone do the installation. Same question also on the clearing the lens from yellow.

Is your color matching emblem just a vinyl covering or is it painted ?

My next steps are bed rails, roll up cover and Rhino liner.

post-131276-0-52775800-1403553803_thumb.jpg

post-131276-0-03521400-1403553633_thumb.jpg

post-131276-0-90650800-1403553649_thumb.jpg

Edited by tj2spike

• 2 weeks later...

Since I sent this - I have found a place that is willing to take out the yellow and swap out the switchbacks. They also have a projector swap option. Here is the link...

http://www.fastheadlights.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SRV_2014GMC_CUSTOM

I tried to send them a note and have not received a reply yet. I likely will purchase in the next week.

Michael

Hey guys been really busy with work and barely have time for myself let alone my truck. I'm going in a little later today so I had to come update all of you. I'm going to get some amp retracable steps and a leveling kit installed soon. I'll keep ya posted.

Love the work you have done on the truck with the Projectors and halos...

On the Halos - what size did you put on and where did you get those?

Also - as I am a newbie overall, can you point me in the direction of how I would clear out the turn signals as you did? Is it something you purchase to swap out the amber color or something else...

I just picked up my Denali and of all the mods that I have seen on this entire forum, yours is the best to what I am looking for by far. Nice work...

Mike

Mike, I ordered the rings from PlainanSimple since he was the only one with rings that woud fit. I didn't get a size, but Phil at www.fastheadlights.com should have a size to fit now. I was one of the first to have halo's in here so it was all new. He also cleared them for me, but if you want to tackle it yourself feel free! I don't turst myself with $1000+ headlights so I didn't bother opening them lol.

So if you have not seen the color matching fender molding, mirror caps and splash guards, here they are. Also you will see the chrome front hooks.

So here are some things to keep in mind with these add-ons:

• Fender Moldings match the white diamond color pretty well and I think this adds more of an elite look than the stock black/gray moldings. ( just an opinion I know others like that dark contrast)

• The font and rear splash guards are kind of whacky, since they are plastic being painted with white diamond, true color matching misses somewhat. You will notice them being a different shade of white ( more true white) in the shade and darker areas. While in the sun they match very well. I had a hard time at first with this variance so I asked my GM dealer to bring in another set to make sure they are not just a bad batch. I also wanted to make sure they ordered the correct color and not an accidental summit white set.

• The mirror caps come in blank and the dealer needs to paint them. Make sure their body shop can do it better than where I got mine. They did a really crappy paint job so they are ordering a new set and swapping out their crappy ones.

• The hooks are another weird issue in order to put them on the bumper need to come off. So after you do it or the dealer does it ( suggest the dealer it is a pretty cheap price considering the amount of time) make sure the bumper is correctly aligned. If you look closely at mine the bumper is tilted upward / shifted by about 1". Another issue the GM dealer service department is redoing.

But all in all, I am getting close to finishing the simple add-ons. Oh I forgot the tint is 30x on the passenger and driver windows. I used clear tint on the windshield and the other windows to reduce UV light coming in on the leather. I can really tell a difference in the heat inside the vehicle with all windows having UV protection

That is why I would like to know how you did you light set-up. Did you do it all or did you order parts and had someone do the installation. Same question also on the clearing the lens from yellow.

Is your color matching emblem just a vinyl covering or is it painted ?

My next steps are bed rails, roll up cover and Rhino liner.

attachicon.gifFront_grill_and_hooks-1.jpg

attachicon.gifRear-Pass_2014-1.jpg

attachicon.gifFront-Pass_2014-1.jpg

Nice truck man, I plastidipped my emblems with a few coats of white first then a couple more with peralizer. Turned out pretty neat. Thanks!

Bump for info on the projector swap and clearing the turn signals.

Fastheadlights did all my light work, but it is possible to do it yourself. I used a FXR 3.0 projector and the amber lens was just removed. I don't trust myself so I had him do the work instead.

Since I sent this - I have found a place that is willing to take out the yellow and swap out the switchbacks. They also have a projector swap option. Here is the link...

http://www.fastheadlights.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SRV_2014GMC_CUSTOM

I tried to send them a note and have not received a reply yet. I likely will purchase in the next week.

Michael

That's the man, he's pretty busy but give him a shout. Tell him Echavez sent ya ;)

Hey guys been really busy with work and barely have time for myself let alone my truck. I'm going in a little later today so I had to come update all of you. I'm going to get some amp retracable steps and a leveling kit installed soon. I'll keep ya posted.

Mike, I ordered the rings from PlainanSimple since he was the only one with rings that woud fit. I didn't get a size, but Phil at www.fastheadlights.com should have a size to fit now. I was one of the first to have halo's in here so it was all new. He also cleared them for me, but if you want to tackle it yourself feel free! I don't turst myself with $1000+ headlights so I didn't bother opening them lol.

Nice truck man, I plastidipped my emblems with a few coats of white first then a couple more with peralizer. Turned out pretty neat. Thanks!

Fastheadlights did all my light work, but it is possible to do it yourself. I used a FXR 3.0 projector and the amber lens was just removed. I don't trust myself so I had him do the work instead.

That's the man, he's pretty busy but give him a shout. Tell him Echavez sent ya ;)

EChavez

Perfect - thanks for the replies. I got it and thanks for the information. I will be contacting them to get things going and I agree that the impact of a mistake is too big.

FYI - I just got my truck this week and I already ordered my powersteps so I plan on putting them on soon and posting along the way. I am just starting to have some fun!

Thanks

Michael

EChavez

Perfect - thanks for the replies. I got it and thanks for the information. I will be contacting them to get things going and I agree that the impact of a mistake is too big.

FYI - I just got my truck this week and I already ordered my powersteps so I plan on putting them on soon and posting along the way. I am just starting to have some fun!

Thanks

Michael

Hey Michael, not a problem. I usually have more time to get on the site but during the summer I barely have time to eat lol. I'm debating on ordering the steps and installing them myself seeing as how a shop quoted me 2200 for steps and a leveling kit. That's pretty steep if you ask me. Good luck with your build!

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally got the AMP steps and RC 2.5" leveling kit finished. Did it at home instead of taking it to a shop and things turned out pretty well. No wheels have flown off the truck yet so I think I am good to go lol.

347zlzq.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

EChavez,

So the leveling kit where did you get it ? the AMP steps where also and how hard was it to do it all ?

I ordered the leveling kit from rough country's website, it was a little over 150 out the door. The amp steps I ordered from electric step, and they weren't hard just time consuming. The plug & play kit saves you so much time.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Do you have the part number by chance for the headlamp bulb & foglamp bulb HID upgrade by chance? I HAVE to do that upgrade, yours looks awesome !

Thanks! Unfortunately I do not, my headlamp bulb is different than those from a stock one because I had my projectors retrofitted. However the setup I ran before this one used a DDM tuning 9006 5k bulb with relay and capacitors. The fog light bulbs have remained the same throughout the life of my truck and those are HIDGUY 25w 5k bulbs with fog light easy connect wire.

This truck looks very nice! Love the new level and the LED reverse lights!

I have been thinking about adding some led cubes in the back for more light. Which brand did you use?

Thanks man!

I'd be lying if I said I remembered the name because they are an off brand. Definitely not rigid's lol. I did get them off Amazon.com though! Just searched up LED reverse cubes and found them. I want to say rocky something. They were about 60$ shipped.

• Like 1