In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
clarkdk

Possible new Silverado owner I have a simple question

Ty all for the responses :)

I'm going to wait for the 2015!

I have heard they arrive in July by some then I've heard fall so I dunno lol

Rumors of a new transmission ( 8 speed ) maybe it won't have issues. I will indeed drive it before I buy :)

Edited by clarkdk

If you want a Cadillac ride...maybe these trucks aren't for you.

If you want to play movies and look backward thru the rear camera at the same time...maybe these trucks aren't for you.

LoL Cadillac

I'm buying a LTZ 4wd

I don't recall a 4wd driving like a Cadillac. Kind of defeats the purpose of a truck IMO

I have the'14 high country 4x4 built 11/13 and have no problems so far. All vehicles have minor issues from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have had mine for a week built 6/13 and nothing I can find wrong with it that are related to horror stories I've read on here. Have to be honest. I debated on taking it back after reading threads on this forum but after reading this certain thread I think I'll just hang on to the truck and see what happens. So far so good. Knocks on wood..

LoL Cadillac

I'm buying a LTZ 4wd

I don't recall a 4wd driving like a Cadillac. Kind of defeats the purpose of a truck IMO

I think the point is to put it all in perspective. I love my Silverado LTZ Double Cab built 8/13. No problems, even though I took it in for all of the recalls (remote start overheat, rear sliding window and trans cooler) and no problems found. I changed my tires to Michelin just because I don't like the Continentals it came with, not that I had issues with them. I haven't found any correlation to build location or models and it seems like some are having issues with more recent builds.

My observation IMO, there are a lot of discussions here about personal "preferences" and "expectations" vs real problems. And then there are the real horror stories and ongoing issues. This is a very different design than my 2011. As an example, even though both have 5.3L engines, they are different - the DI of the '14 is louder and holds more oil of different viscosity recommendation. The heated and cooled seats, air conditioning and a lot of other stuff is just different. Some members don't like the new design (preference) while others assume (expectations) it to be the same as they had before in another truck or car. And then there are the serious obvious failures (vibration, for instance) that some experience.

I'm not critisizing anyone here, just trying to point out that there a lot of types of issues on here. I'm sensitive to reading the OM and MyLink manual because of the differences from my past experience and read a lot of articles about what to expect before the purchase.

So whatever you do, make an informed decision, and take a nice long test drive before you buy! Good luck

Edited by chuckl1218

I've had some issues with every car I've ever owned. Some didn't have a warranty when it did have a problem. I love this truck and will bite anyone who touches it without permission.

Make sure you test drive before your purchase!

40mph - 55mph for vibrations, and then up to 75mph.

If this is smooth you might be clear of that individual issue!

Good luck

:thumbs:

I had just traded my 2012 CC Silverado for a 2014 DC Sierra. I love the Sierra and am amazed at the design advancements and appearance package of the interior. My Silverado had WAX/Rust issues and so does my GMC, but the dealership is working to satisfy any and all issues I seem to have. If you are looking for a loaded truck with a great deal of "creature" comforts I would go with the GMC over the Silverado. As for the new tranny with more gears... that could put you back into the first article problems and issues with a new untested transmission. Either way they are both very nice trucks.

i have only had two issue to date, and that is my dash pad is rattleing and a very small vibration at idle when warm (like my rpms surge downward about 100-200 rpms then vibrates) but ive been too lazy to take it in and get it fixed b/c i dont want to be stuck with a loaner and enjoy driving my truck. like people said dont let a few people with issues sway you the other way because every manufacturer has disgruntled customers.

i will say that im hoping for my front and rear bumper to start rusting so i can get a new one and pay the difference for a color matched one!

RUN!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT WALK. Way too many problems and no fixes. They cannot even fix the drivers seat problems. I have bought two different 2014s. Both complete turds. Between the clicking seat and the jolting transmission I can not tolerate driving this truck. I will be selling or swapping mine in as soon as I can afford it. Ive bought Five new Silverados in the last seven years . I have always been a GM guy. Not now. I feel completely let down, and dissapointed. Buyers Remorse? You bet!

I have to agree with Scott. I was also GM only since 1999. I had my 2014 GMC CC AT for 8 months and traded it for a Tundra. Took it to the dealer 3 times with no resolution, and then I was done.

noise in rear suspension

Vibration

seat movement

on star never worked from purchase

gear searching

It was the drivability, NOT the f ing sunglass holder. LMFAO

• Like 2

i traded in my 2011 Silverado when i went in for a transmission flush. I DID NOT GO THERE FOR THIS. MY WIFE was the one to say just see what they have to say. Well long story short, i ended up getting a 2014 double cab texas edition, and I love it. the power is better than the older body style and it shifts smoothly. The ride is so much smoother, and there is almost zero road noise! I love my new truck! The best parts are I only paid 25.5 for it, and after i test drove it still only had 20 miles on it. I would recommend it to anyone who was interested in a new truck.

• Like 1

I really wanted a double cab, but the new one I test drove ran like an old dump truck.

My regular cab , however, gets it done.

I bought 2014 Silverado in june built in march I would not trade for anything I have owned and drove all kinds of vehicles my last truck was a 2000 Silverado with 340,000 miles on it .kept it going to give it to my grandson for his first truck because it still runs great. but I like my new truck better looks better rides better with no problems at all !!!

• Like 1