In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2014 painted splash guards

There are only 4 or 5 colors available in painted to match molded splash guards. I have a sonoma red Denali. I ordered th red splash guards and took them to one of the more reputable body shops in town and had them painted to match. I had previously installed the painted to match fender trim to replace the ugly black trim on the Denali. Now the splash guards match perfectly witht the fender trim. Of course, on the Silverado you don't have the fender trim to deal with so it should be pretty easy to do. I can tell you, if I had it to do over, I would do exactly the same thing. It was a very successful project and the truck looks much better. Good luck with yours.

What did your shop charge you to paint?

Are the OEM painted smooth? I was thinking about just removing them from my Denali and have them painted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There are only 4 or 5 colors available in painted to match molded splash guards. I have a sonoma red Denali. I ordered th red splash guards and took them to one of the more reputable body shops in town and had them painted to match. I had previously installed the painted to match fender trim to replace the ugly black trim on the Denali. Now the splash guards match perfectly witht the fender trim. Of course, on the Silverado you don't have the fender trim to deal with so it should be pretty easy to do. I can tell you, if I had it to do over, I would do exactly the same thing. It was a very successful project and the truck looks much better. Good luck with yours.

Welcome back! I was thinking of you when I saw the OP. I remembered there were the basic white, black, red but not OUR red :)

What did your shop charge you to paint?

Are the OEM painted smooth? I was thinking about just removing them from my Denali and have them painted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They charged me $150 but did an outstanding job. The original OEM paint was shiney, slick and smooth as glass. The body shop liked the fact they had something good to work with. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Welcome back! I was thinking of you when I saw the OP. I remembered there were the basic white, black, red but not OUR red :)

Thanks man, it's great to be back in the groove again. Appreciate the thought.

Archived