Dealer called next Thursday we can order my 15

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to some on here there will be big changes but they won't say what

I find it hard to believe that they are going to make major changes already. Maybe in 2016 or 17.

Ignore Won, he knows nothing. The only significant changes for 2015 are likely with the Infotainment system. GM is upgrading the systems to install apps and work through ATT data plans. The 2015 HD trucks are already out and the LDs wouldn't have a bunch of features that the HDs don't offer. Likely 2016 before any changes. I thought I read that a whole new truck was coming in 2018, I can't see them spending a bunch of money now with the next redesign just around the corner.

And FYI Won, GM's market share hasn't been "sliding" drastically. Ram had 1 good month when they introduced the diesel option. Also, market share doesn't pay the bills, profit does. GM has the highest ATP in the truck business. Shareholders are happy.

I don't see how GM can react, or any auto mfg, that quickly to incorporate any major changes to a first run designed vehicles. Limited parts supply, tooling setup, software upgrades, all not possible within the introductory time of the 2014's for the 2015's to have major changes. I think you may see minor changes such as head lights, LED bulbs on the exterior light fixtures and alternate colors.

If major changes were to occur, GM would be focused on addressing the existing concerns to track the resolutions and then put that in their new trucks, is... Shakes, vibrations, seat pops, etc..

I also read the next redesign is coming in 2018. With a possible aluminum body ??? Imo I don't think they can afford to wait 7 years for a new truck like they did the last 2 times .

I have never purchased a 1st year vehicle. Not saying they are bad I just don't!

Plus I get access to supplier discount and others right now.

I havevt heard anything as of yet however they may offer another trans for improved fuel mileage.

Either way I'm happy to be gettung one.

GM's pattern for many years has followed a pattern... obviously for marketing purposes. They have to keep finding ways to sell vehicles!:

In model year 1 -- Brand new model... some problems, some recalls, some fixes.

In model years 2 and 3 -- Tweaks, fixes and minor improvements, maybe a new color or 2.

In model years 4 thru 6 -- Facelift, a couple major improvements, maybe 1 new color.

In model year 7 -- Last year of the run... usually the best of the lot!

New model comes out in year 8... and the process starts again.

(Years are just used as example. Some models only run for 4-5 years, others, like the C3 Corvettes, can go for 15 years!!!)

I find it hard to believe that they are going to make major changes already. Maybe in 2016 or 17.

Not "major" but...

Chevy:

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2015&butID=1&regionID=1&divisionID=1&vehicleID=16823&type=0

GMC:

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2015&butID=1&regionID=1&divisionID=2&vehicleID=16825&type=0

Some summaried quick new things here:

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f38/2015-silverado-1500-sierra-1500-ordering-guides-170129/#post4010641

My favorite bit...8 inch MyLink is available on...REGULAR CAB! AND...can be UPGRADED to NAV!

Archived