In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  

Is it best to find a lemon law attorney to help me or can I do it on my own? How many of you have been successful in getting your truck replaced or at least compensated for it not getting repaired? I have a 2014 Sierra CrewCab 4x4 Z71 built in Sept 2013 w/20" Goodyear tires. Like many folks, I have the vibration sickness. Been to dealer 3 times, but no cure. I have a case opened with GM customer care, but my service manager will not return my phone calls and customer care seemed eager at first to help and worked with dealer, but she doesn't seem to want to help anymore. This has been going on for 5-6 weeks now and I feel like they want me to just go away. I figure that if a lawyer gets involved, GM might pay attention to me. I love the truck, except for the constant vibration. What the dealer has done to try to repair does not matter at this point, they had 3 attempts and don't care anymore. It is like the dealer and GM wants me to enact the lemon law, but don't want to directly tell me. The truck is obviously manufactured incorrect and the way I see it, GM is in Breach of Warranty. I would just like my truck fixed, is that too much to ask for? If someone has experience in this matter, please advise me on how to proceed.

Is it best to find a lemon law attorney to help me or can I do it on my own? How many of you have been successful in getting your truck replaced or at least compensated for it not getting repaired? I have a 2014 Sierra CrewCab 4x4 Z71 built in Sept 2013 w/20" Goodyear tires. Like many folks, I have the vibration sickness. Been to dealer 3 times, but no cure. I have a case opened with GM customer care, but my service manager will not return my phone calls and customer care seemed eager at first to help and worked with dealer, but she doesn't seem to want to help anymore. This has been going on for 5-6 weeks now and I feel like they want me to just go away. I figure that if a lawyer gets involved, GM might pay attention to me. I love the truck, except for the constant vibration. What the dealer has done to try to repair does not matter at this point, they had 3 attempts and don't care anymore. It is like the dealer and GM wants me to enact the lemon law, but don't want to directly tell me. The truck is obviously manufactured incorrect and the way I see it, GM is in Breach of Warranty. I would just like my truck fixed, is that too much to ask for? If someone has experience in this matter, please advise me on how to proceed.

GM offers "trade in assistance" cash in order to help with the negative equity. The thing is, it has to be done by the dealer in which you bought the original truck from. You test drive another truck and make sure it doesn't have vibrations, and set up the deal like a trade in. The dealer has to get this approved by GM with the new trucks VIN and all. However, they must have all the service records to be faxed over to support your dissatisfaction. The truck you said qualifies for a lemon law already so this might be easier. They typically give 10% cash back but you may get up to 15%. The key is, don't burn any bridges @ the dealer because they have to work for you. This is a GM customer satisfaction program to retain customers and not have trucks getting buyback lemon titles, then going to auctions for 1/3 of the retail values.

I would check and see what your state law is first. Usually the first step is to notify the manufacture in writing of intent to start the lemon law process.

here is the Missippi lemon law

http://www.bbb.org/us/Storage/16/Documents/BBBAutoLine/MS-LLsummary.pdf

When you test drive or get a new truck. Stay away from the Goodyear SRA. It seems there are a lot of people complaining about vibration on here that have those tires. Mine came with Continental tires and I have never had any vibration.

When you test drive or get a new truck. Stay away from the Goodyear SRA. It seems there are a lot of people complaining about vibration on here that have those tires. Mine came with Continental tires and I have never had any vibration.

I had the LS2 20's on my first truck and they were terrible too. SRA tires have already been replaced on my current truck

Take the truck to another dealer and let them attempt repair. The next option would be to contact your local BBB office and get help there.

• Like 1

Tell your dealer you want 4 new tires not from their inventory, pick a local tire place and have them pay the bill. I'm willing to bet your vibration issues will be gone. OEM tires stink, ALL OF THEM!

• Like 1

This may help. The gm rep from Dallas called me yesterday. He said they would buy my truck back. The first thing he asked was have you contacted the bbb or a lawyer. I said not yet im giving you the chance to make thos right. Then he said well i dont know what your finacial status is. I thoughy here we go there trying to pull a fast one on me thenHe said well heres how this works these trucks are based on a 100k mile service life so the miles you have on your truck will be deducted from the vehicles sticker price. He asked what i wanted amd said they put a hold on the free extended warranty they offered until this is figured out. Imo i think they are trying to keep me from lemon lawing this truck so they dont lose money. I said im not sure what i want yet but it would have to be another z71 ltz or high country maybe a 1le camaro. He said hed get a price for my truck and call me back monday. Sounds like there just trying to get me to trade it in. Said im not willing to take a hit on this i want an equal trade no money owed.

You will not get an equal trade, the manufacture is allowed to deduct for mileage/wear/tear and so on.

The Chief Engineer I was speaking with offered me the option to trade in my AT due to the radio issues and since the rear slider was deleted after we found the truck and had it enroute. We didn't know the slider wasn't on the truck until it got to the dealer.

By the time I paid the excise tax on another truck, swapped my wheels over, re-tinted the windows, transferred over my air intake, did the clear bra to the front, bought shackles to lower the rear, ect...ect... I was going to be out at least $2500. Wasn't worth it to me.

Turned my 2014 GMC Sierra Double Cab in for wet carpets and when I went by today to get my sun glasses, the interior had been stripped out completely, carpets, seats and head liner. I was told it is either the back window or the 3rd brake light.

To date:

1. Warped side rail cover = awaiting parts to come in.

2. Rust and Wax covering on the frame coming off = have to wait for the kit to repair the issue. Coming in from Canada.

3. Water leak and wet carpets.

4. Spray in bed liner covered up the plugs for the extra bed hooks = have to drop off at dealer to send back for further repairs.

All this on a truck less than two weeks off the lot.

UGH!! Didn't have these types of issues with my 2012 Chevy. I really liked the interior of the 2014 but not the issues.

i HOPE this isn't the start of what you had gone through.

• Like 1

An equal trade shouldnt be out of the question. I was told it goes by sticker price minus the miles you put on it based on a 100k mile service life. So say say you have 10k miles on the truck and the sticker price is 50k then shouldnt 5k be deducted from the buy back? So with rebates most people get more than that off the truck. So shouldnt an equal trade be allowed. Would you just have to start over and hope you get the same rebates or discounts?

I got off of the the phone with my case worker with GM Customer Care, she said my local dealer will not do a ride along in my truck with me anymore. She suggested that I take it to another GMC or Chevy dealer for repair. What kind of a game is being played here? I purchased my truck out of state, but does that give the right of my local dealer (service mgr) to kick me out of his shop? Customer Care said she will document that I will be taking the truck to a Chevy dealer for second opinion. I told her "No", but that I would consider it. I think from this point on, I am going to get advise from lemon lawyer. The way the truck rides, I feel that from what I read, a new set of Michelins or Nitto's is all that it would take for vibration to go away. A new set of Goodyear sra tires were put on by my local dealer, but that only made the vibration just feel different in steering and a little in the seat. It was 97 degrees yesterday and truck rode better than it ever has been. I can usually feel it from about 20-25 mph and up. But yesterday, it was much improved, I assume the high temp made it ride better. On one of the attempts, the dealer did find about a pint of water in one wheel when he broke it down, but yet he claimed that it balanced out good the time before, when I had it in. The last time I spoke to him face to face, I asked him why he keeps sending me the truck back to me saying it is repaired, when the vibration is still there. He had no answer and diverted to another topic. Politicians and car dealers are very similar.

Should I go with the lemon law or another dealer? I don't want to or should I, be buying tires or paying for troubleshooting out of my pocket when GMC is the one who needs to be paying and worrying about getting it fixed. They built it, sold it and warranty'd it, by law, it is their responsibility to deliver a vehicle that is non-defective.

Will keep you posted.

What happen with the sales tax paid in case of buy back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 98 I had special ordered that had a problem Chevrolet dealers couldn't seem to fix. I used their receipts and my written record of my calls to their customer service. I went thru the Better Business Bureau to mediate. They ruled Chevrolet had to buy back the vehicle. Document the conversations to supplement the work invoices.

You'll have an opportunity to explain your side uninterrupted. You should have a written outline to speak from. It should start with the date you bought the truck and step thru your discovery of the issue and each contact and service the dealership performed for the issue. Tell the whole story all at once. No subjectivity. Just the facts. All in chronological order....'Jan 20th it was repaired, Jan 25th i noticed it was leaking again...'

You should have the outline typed and easy to follow along with all the repair invoices. Have copies of all your documents to give to the mediator.

Don't argue with GM rep. Or anyone else for that matter. Stay calm and allow the rep to speak his side.politeness counts

Chevrolet repaid all taxes and license fees as well as all payments and interest charges.

Edited by spurshot
  • Like 1

Gm rep called me back today. There ready to buy my truck back. Price comes off final sticker at over 50k. Theyll deduct between 3-4k for miles. Not a bad deal considering I got 9800 off mine when I bought it. I might buy a 2500 with the 6.6 now. Not sure yet