remote start add on

Yeah it basic tuck the real world saying. I guess it is wish it said it is WT. Kind of lame a work truck with no remote start. Think about it. It out in the cold all the time. Horst environment and different applications life style and ways of needed a truck for. And warming up that motor for a greater load, Who want to sit in a truck being all cold LOL. Who in the right mind would let some fancier model for a 50 $ cheap technology go to waste.
Blows my mind with all the electronics out there that could improves sales.

They don't use WT for Sierra anymore, if it has no letters (other than HD), it means base trim.

As for remote start not being standard, blame the tree huggers, I guess. :dunno: Some areas have by-laws that discourage running them.

My vote would be to ask the dealer if they can add the factory system, and only go aftermarket if they can't.

Ok guys I found out.. If you have a AQQ remote system it will just work as keyless system. You would need a AM1 - AP8 or AQP8 in your RPO. Another word you would need a LT/LTZ SLE or SLT ECU remote module system. I heard one guy said you would have to plug in the fuse and add few wires to the remote command module it order for it to work. I don't know what part number that would be. But I just wasted 190$ plus 60 bucks for programing my remote I thought they knew what they were doing. Pretty much disappointed.

I hope I can return the remote with the latch packages back to this guy on ebay

If you have a regular Sierra or a Chevy 2500HD or 1500 it has no start remote. Now if you had it order from the manufacturer with the remote packages it will add that. You can add it on the truck but you would need to contact the manufacturer from GM they could provide the little computer for the Keyless remote entry with start.

Don't be fooled by the www.gm. owner center they will just give you a FOB remote with no RCU.

So you are better off going to Best Buy or some car Audio place to add in a Viper with a remote. They have the diagram to add a remote start and better car/tuck alarm system.

Yes that is correct. But Also the wire does tell the remote system to fail when the hood was pop open from being started. So you won't be robed. I thought it was a pulley that let you remotely pop open they got that motor for that latch it on ebay it the same way for that unlock tailgate. Pretty much it.

Thanks guys. I took my truck back up there at the dealership to have my alignment fix this is my 2nd time hopefully they fix it only got 481 miles on it. it pulls to the left real bad

If all you have is AQQ... then you need GM part# 22997089 and you need it installed at a GM dealership so that they can reprogram the BCM and new fobs. The dealership will need the code inside the box and your VIN, they'll call TAC, and TAC will send out a special build of BCM flash for the dealership to install.

• 2 weeks later...

If all you have is AQQ... then you need GM part# 22997089 and you need it installed at a GM dealership so that they can reprogram the BCM and new fobs. The dealership will need the code inside the box and your VIN, they'll call TAC, and TAC will send out a special build of BCM flash for the dealership to install.

As I still doing my research. I have the Key system that you are able to open the door by entering the Key in the door handle if you happens to have a keyless system as you don't used a key on the door. Then you can add the remote start to the BCM with the Fobs with this # 22997089 or 91. But if you just have a regular truck lock and key with remote you won't be able to add one from this packages. You would need the BCM to be put in your truck as replace the old regular remote key system. This BCM system doesn't have a input harness to the remote start system that connect to the wires of your start key system in the dash to the stearing wheel as with or with out the Onstar.

This is what I know so far

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an old thread, what was the outcome of this? I have a 2016 lt with remote locks but no start. Gm sold me the factory kit with good latch and I am about to go get and install it. I only have code AQQ but the parts guy said it should w ork. 

• Like 1

I installed remote start on my truck, I believe that as long a you have remote locks already the remote start kit will work. Be aware though you will have to have the bcm and fobs programmed by the dealership.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just got back from having the dealer program the remote start and all is working as it should!! Truck is a 2016 2500HD LT for anyone looking into this down the road. The code on the glovebox is AQQ and only required the new hood latch and fobs plus the programming. 

Now to see if they can program a factory back up camera. 

• 1 year later...

Quick question. I just installed the hood latch kit for my 2017 Silverado. Just curious after you insert the new hood latch what gets plugged into the old 3 prong connector that was for the original hood latch. I have a code now out of computer. Is this fixed in the computer when the FOBS are programed or do I need to do something else? Thank you... 

20190930_175956.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 6/21/2014 at 1:31 PM, newdude said:

Newdude that was awesome. Is there anyway you can re-upload the pictures since theyre not showing anymore. Im having trouble woth my factory remote start. Ive followed all the wiring that leads to rhe x150 harness. 

Edited by Autismtxdad