How to find Build Date

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Luster,

Please feel free to send us a private message with your VIN and an email address and we will be glad to email you your vehicle build sheet, which includes your vehicle build date. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A.

GM Customer Care

PM sent!

In Canada GM Customer Care will charge you almost $100 to get the build sheet. One more way we Canadians are getting it where we don't want it. You guys in the US are lucky to have these Customer Care reps monitor this site.

no they dont, just go into the dealer you bought it from and they will give it to you.

mine was built

mine:

Vehicle Build
Model: TK15543-2014 SIERRA SHORT BoX CREW 1500 4WD
Gross Vehicle Weight 3,269
Build Date: 06/25/2013
Build Plant G
its been on the lot for a while and i just picket it up last week. but they actually have quite a few of them that were in stock. i think right now they have at least 30 chev and GMC between the 2 lots they own and have been selling them like crazy, all different colours and trim packs, one with a lift kit and 20" rims and some other stuff. i also know they picked a few up on a dealer trade.

• 4 years later...
2 hours ago, heywire said:

Well this sucks, GM now wants to charge $50 for the build sheet. Was told by [email protected] that they changed policy and can no longer supply build data. They gave me a link to https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/index.html to order it. 

Go to your dealer and hit up the parts guy for a “copy” of your RPOs and see if it’s on that sheet. They can do it some stealers will some won’t.

• 8 months later...