Advice on current fuel mileage

im getting 14L/100km (20MPG) mixed highway and city.

at 110km mine flicks into V4 and i get between 8 and 11L/100km = 25mpg

im in a 2014 SLE V8 5.3L Crew cab short box, havent used my 4x4 yet.

i only have 900km on it, its 1 week old today.

Keep in mind that's a Canadian gallon eh!

14L/100km is equal to about 17 miles per US gallon.

I've got 1600km on my 2014 LT 5.3 CCSB w/ 3.73's and I'm at 12.7L/100km. That includes 200km towing a 7,000lb 28 foot travel trailer.

Keep in mind that's a Canadian gallon eh!

14L/100km is equal to about 17 miles per US gallon.

I've got 1600km on my 2014 LT 5.3 CCSB w/ 3.73's and I'm at 12.7L/100km. That includes 200km towing a 7,000lb 28 foot travel trailer.

gotcha.

ya im not towing, and ive been being easy on the gas. ive been told th motor has to break in better to see better MPG

I've been keeping track of my mileage pretty closely since I got my truck(5.3 not 6.2) and over the past 5859 kms I have averaged 13.51L/100Kms which is 17.4mpg. I would say 50-60% highway, and very limited hauling aside from the wife and kids. My last tank got me 672kms when I got the low fuel warning which kicked in at the 80kms remaining mark. Personally I think that's pretty "kick ass" mileage for a moving brick that weighs 4000 pounds or so. A brick I truly love by the way.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

Finally tried out a 25 mile run on cruise on the highway. Was able to get 18mpg average. Wasn't completely flat highway, kind of hard to find that around here. Even in the city I've tried babying the throttle as much as possible and still can't get above 12mpg on a tank. Not sure what to think at this point

If your city is true stop go,stop go...and not much flow,12mpg is pretty accurate. Especially if you do a lot of short distance driving and idling at lights. I'm not sure how GM,or any automaker for that matter, decides what "city" driving is,but that seems more like rural driving to me because I would love a true 16 mpg in the actual city. My 12,000 average is 17.0 mpg and I rarely ever drive pure city.

Yea my "city" driving is as city as it gets. Work about 5 minutes from home and about 5 lights on the way so the work week is a bunch of short trips and almost no highway. I guess coming to this truck, and feeling that bit of throttle lag that the truck has (seem to have to press more on the gas than other vehicles I've driven) has been giving me the sense that something is wrong. It seems like that throttle lag is common on these GM trucks so it might just be my imagination that there's something wrong. It's my first truck so I really don't have anything prior to go off of on the same commute. My 05 Ford Five Hundred was my previous car rated at 19 city 29 HW and I was consistently around 19-20 mpg per fill up so I guess I was expecting to be more around the city rating of 16 for the truck.

I've found cars ti be more accurate for their city ratings over the trucks. 5500lbs is a lot to get moving. I'm really unsure how owners can claim they get a true 16+ out if their trucks in the city. I'm light on my throttle, rarely ever get above 2k rpm and yet i don't get near rated mpg. On the freeway,sure I hit stints where i can see 24 or more but that's not realistic, get moving with trafic at 75 and i usually see 19ish. My best calculated tank with 100% freeway was 19.8 when the DIC read 20.4.

But when I look at my lifetime average vs. My 05 Sierra with the 5.3 I'm about 1mpg better.

Take that for what it's worth...

Mine is pretty good, because I traded my '14 5.3L for a '14 4.3L. It gets the projected MPG.... Except if I sit in a parking lot for more than 5 secs at a stand still with the truck running, it will eat the gas! It will drop a tenth of a gallon in MPG every other second. It's pretty crazy if I'm not in motion. My 5.3L didn't do that.

Go Army! GO ORDNANCE!!!

Mine is pretty good, because I traded my '14 5.3L for a '14 4.3L. It gets the projected MPG.... Except if I sit in a parking lot for more than 5 secs at a stand still with the truck running, it will eat the gas! It will drop a tenth of a gallon in MPG every other second. It's pretty crazy if I'm not in motion. My 5.3L didn't do that.

Go Army! GO ORDNANCE!!!

just curious, why did you trade for the same year but v6?

i bought th 5.3 because i wanted the 8, but it also has better (rated) highway mpg rating over the v6. personally i do a lot more highway than city driving, some exceptions though running from store to store but to and from work im on the highway for all except the off and on ramps basically.

just curious, why did you trade for the same year but v6?

i bought th 5.3 because i wanted the 8, but it also has better (rated) highway mpg rating over the v6. personally i do a lot more highway than city driving, some exceptions though running from store to store but to and from work im on the highway for all except the off and on ramps basically.

The 4.3L V6 gets better mpg in city and hwy. I mainly traded it in because it was a dbl cab and I thought it was going to be big enough. Turns out it wasn't. So I got the crew cab. I'm actually getting just about the same mpg in the city. If it wasn't for my higher hwy mpg, it would average just about the same.

It gets better around the city, but it seems to suck fuel if I sit in it with the engine running. My V8 didn't do that. If I just drive somewhere and get out, I would be getting 20 mpg in the city. But because I'm in the Army and we wait around a lot, I show up places 30mins early sometimes. Sitting in my truck brings my average down to 17-19. On the hwy it's someday at a 24 mpg average (sometimes a little more)

Go Army! GO ORDNANCE!!!

Archived