2015 towing mirrors

Uh oh, I just found out these things are power extending as well. I'm pretty sure that function isn't going to work for any of us without additional wiring. I don't really care about having the power extend, but I'm wondering if manually extending them will damage them. Hope not.

They aren't power extending. See below, from the Chevrolet press release for the new HD high country.

"Also available on the Silverado HD High Country are Chevrolets new up-level trailer tow mirrors. The chrome-capped mirrors manually extend for wider trailers and feature power adjust with memory and power fold. They include heat and turn signals in the glass. They also incorporate auxiliary clearance lamps and auxiliary cargo lamps to help make backing a trailer easier."

They aren't power extending. See below, from the Chevrolet press release for the new HD high country.

"Also available on the Silverado HD High Country are Chevrolets new up-level trailer tow mirrors. The chrome-capped mirrors manually extend for wider trailers and feature power adjust with memory and power fold. They include heat and turn signals in the glass. They also incorporate auxiliary clearance lamps and auxiliary cargo lamps to help make backing a trailer easier."

Aux cargo lamps you say? Intriguing indeed:)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That's what I thought too until I saw this in the actual order guide:

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2015&regionID=1&divisionID=1&type=0&vehicleID=16823&section=oi_def&page=4&butID=3

Option code DQS

NEW! Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable vertical camper, memory equipped, upper glass, power-folding and extending, chrome. Includes integrated turn signal indicators consisting of 51 square inch flat mirror surface positioned over a 24.5 square inch convex mirror surface with a common head and lower convex spotter glass (convex glass is not heated and not power adjustable) and addition of Auxiliary cargo lamp for backing up (helps to see trailer when backing up with a trailer) and amber auxiliary clearance lamp

1 - Requires (NHT) Max Trailering Package

I don't think we'll know for sure until somebody sees them in the flesh.

• 3 weeks later...

As per the confirmed RPO code, doesn't look like the new mirrors have power extend.

(DQS) Premium Camper Mirrors with chrome cap and new features: power fold, LED amber running lamps, and LED back-up lamp. Carry-over features include power adjust, manual extend, memory, heat, turn signal, and puddle lamp.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/08/2015-silverado-1500-updates-and-changes-made-official-rpo-central/#ixzz3AnUTNG1p

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the below part #'s from GMOutletparts.com

F-MIRROR

F-MIRROR

I got the following email back from them "OK...THESE ARE ON BACKORDER FROM GM WITH NO ETA. DO YOU STILL WANT THEM?" does anyone have anywhere else that has them in stock or not on backorder?

Thanks,

Dave

I ordered the below part #'s from GMOutletparts.com

F-MIRROR

F-MIRROR

I got the following email back from them "OK...THESE ARE ON BACKORDER FROM GM WITH NO ETA. DO YOU STILL WANT THEM?" does anyone have anywhere else that has them in stock or not on backorder?

Thanks,

Dave

They are on backorder because they haven't been released for public sale. Good friend of mine works in parts at my local dealer and says they shouldn't see shipments til mid November... ??

Gives me time to start saving my lunch money

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any updates on the new mirrors? I called the dealer and tried to order on-line and got the same response. "Not available yet and don't know when they will be". Both places also said the part number has been updated to these new numbers: 23241465 and 23241466 not sure why. I broke the passenger side mirror on my truck and don't want to replace it just to turn around and buy the new camper style mirrors, but can't wait weeks for the new ones to become available either.

I got my mirrors yesterday and I installed them today. It was relatively painless. Took me longer to put the door panel back on then anything else. Second door went twice as fast. So far mine are functioning with the exception of the LED lights that are supposed to turn on when you go into reverse. I was wondering if anyone tried hooking a trailer up and then putting into reverse, maybe they only function when it knows there is a trailer hooked up? Just a thought.

I got my mirrors yesterday and I installed them today. It was relatively painless. Took me longer to put the door panel back on then anything else. Second door went twice as fast. So far mine are functioning with the exception of the LED lights that are supposed to turn on when you go into reverse. I was wondering if anyone tried hooking a trailer up and then putting into reverse, maybe they only function when it knows there is a trailer hooked up? Just a thought.

Please post a picture of your truck if you can. I want to see how they look on a real truck.

Gringo

Here's some pics. The one picture with the Led lights lit up is when i press the unlock key on my keyfob. The orange leds appear to be taking place of the puddle lights from the other mirrors. I am hoping the dealer can reprogram and get them to turn on with the headlights / parking lights.

Dave

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

Edited by dkramer
  • Like 3