What did you do to your "other" car (aka musclecar) today

RyanbabZ71

Those were great looking trucks! They've pretty much disappeared the last 10 years. I've only seen one in that time frame.

Was a pretty sad state of affairs for performance in '79, when 225HP was king of the hill. [emoji23] Although I remember when my buddy bought a '89 Mustang LX brand new - that was about the same HP, and we thought it was a rocket ship.

5bb76658a7536_LilRedExpressDodge.jpg.dfacc8b34c1ee799f80a38690b9eac2c.jpg

In Texas at raceway park in Baytown once a year they have Dodge Chrysler event. My brother never misses one. He runs as fast as he can without being required to use a roll bar. He has clones he tinkers with he’s thinking of putting a diesel in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

They're here! The V6s look great. I never noticed the "eyeliner" they have below the headlights, it works IMO. The SS is a face only a mother could love.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/747512586/overview/

My Accord is the uglier half of it's generation, but it came with useful upgrades. Great wheels, grippier tires, retuned suspension, Android Auto and Carplay, radar cruise, heated rear seats and more. GM brought nothing but a new face and tailights, and even many people that like the new face think the salad shooter wheels were a downgrade. The new infotainment is just a UI overhual, but the same features.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

Hellcat widebody next to your car or just fender flares? The new 1320 might be the coolest thing the big three is releasing in 2019. With all the recent talk of what a muscle car is, it's the closest now. 11.7 in the 1/4 for 44k. That's cheaper than a Silverado LT. 

And They FIXED IT! It'll be an option to make it look good now, a bumper overlay. And they are showing the new color. Maybe mine isn't yellow enough. :lol:

cBk6cjk.jpg

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

Oops I deleted your comment. It showed there were two so I deleted one looks like it was a glitch and there was only 1. Apologies

To answer your question yes I get those marks from brake dust. I get quite a bit with the 1LE brakes

Ryan B.

• 2 weeks later...

That's for sure. My buddy just drove his to storage today. Had to throw in the stock axles and limp it there with the bad tranny and rear end. Going to Jannetty's in spring for new rear, axles and tranny, plus a few more goodies for the motor. He's thinking it should be putting down 875 HP / 825 ft.lbs. at the wheels on Jannetty's dyno - everyone else's dynos read 40-50 HP higher. :thumbs:

I decided to go the power route.... did a "test pipe", Cat delete to unleash the 350 and increase beyond the factory 175HP rating.  :rolleyes: Actually just remembered that it sounded better in the 80's when I had one on then. :thumbs:

Z28 TestTube.JPG

Z28 driveway 3.JPG

• Like 4

Wow that thing is friggin MINT! No idea where you found that one - a museum maybe? LOL!

Ahh the ol' test pipe. Been decades since I've been able to get my hands on one. Used to be able to stroll right into ADAP Auto Parts and buy them for ANY vehicle. EPA put the kibosh on that pretty quick in the 90's.

3 minutes ago, Jsdirt said:

Wow that thing is friggin MINT! No idea where you found that one - a museum maybe? LOL!

Ahh the ol' test pipe. Been decades since I've been able to get my hands on one. Used to be able to stroll right into ADAP Auto Parts and buy them for ANY vehicle. EPA put the kibosh on that pretty quick in the 90's.

Thanks, actually found it in a classified ad -used with 3k miles, for $5,900.00. Oh, the classified ad was in September 1979 :lol:

z28 interior.jpg

IMG_0464.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Amazing! My stuff rusts before your eyes, even indoors. In 40 years, anything in my barn would be all orange. :lol:

Thanks, actually found it in a classified ad -used with 3k miles, for $5,900.00. Oh, the classified ad was in September 1979 :lol:
5be05bc76725e_z28interior.thumb.jpg.13650a52e903fc11976bd324f50190cf.jpg
IMG_0464.thumb.JPG.d5a67cab0e2c2be02082bbd1e4215a43.JPG

Damn I was born sept 79 [emoji15]

Ryan B.