What did you do to your "other" car (aka musclecar) today

RyanbabZ71

This thread makes me think of a couple years ago when I traded my Vista Blue 06GT for my truck. I miss it. In hind sight, I could have probably kept it but...

DA31F368-9BC0-48D5-B952-C3AA55A5DED0.jpeg

My son loved it, too.

Edited by SteveC
  • Like 1

Thinking about getting these. I have escaped Tulsa, but my wife still works there and has to drive a lot of roads that will probably be covered in brine tomorrow. So, thinking of these. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-11-in-Pressure-Washer-Water-Broom-RY31211/300701617

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-1-700-PSI-1-2-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-RY14122/203800590

Mix in some detergent and have a unsalted undercarriage in under 5 min.

I was thinking $200 for something I might use a time or two a year......but more tools is always better than less.

Read a Washington Post article that says how brine becomes more active in higher temps, so if you park your brined car in the garage where it's 40-50 degrees, it's working many times faster than if you leave it outside. It's the curse that keeps on cursing. 

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

You never know! My buddy saw an ad in a local paper for a '85 T/A for $500 - he went and looked at it, expecting it to be pretty rough. I thought it was a scam. Thing was nearly MINT! Had Hotchkiss suspension all around, was owned by a GM tech - all fluids were amber with not a hint of black in ANY of them, even the brake fluid. The lady wanted it gone FAST. She said the keys were lost, but she had the title. My buddy told her he was taking a big gamble not being able to hear it run and drive. She said, "Well make me an offer, but you need to get this out of here TODAY, no exceptions".

He threw out $200 .... and SHE TOOK IT!!! I couldn't friggin believe it. This was 5 years ago.  He's still driving the thing today! Needed very little to be driven. He had it towed to his house (he called me, but I was in the middle of re-roofing my barn at the time), and had a locksmith come to his place and make keys for it, so basically he got a running, driving classic for $375! He had a battery at his shop, threw it in, and it fired right up!  I hauled it down to FL for him when he moved there a few years back.

That was a once in a lifetime opportunity - he was in the right place at the right time. If you're looking for a specific vehicle, never overlook anything, no matter how bad you THINK it might be!

5bec26dae9a61_TransAmPetes(2).jpg.50c2ae9cad675c999f913298a26d2c48.jpg

5bec26dbf38ac_TransAmPetes(3).jpg.08c0a8af86983c5f6d3127945a28662a.jpg

downsize.jpg.feea2203fc11553920cb0c958dc87129.jpg

• Like 1

Well of course not.. in 1988 the Trans-Am had the following available:

LB8 2.8L Chevrolet EFI V6 135 hp (101 kW)

LO3 5.0L Chevrolet V8 170 hp (130 kW)

LB9 5.0L Chevrolet tuned port injection V8, Automatic 195 hp (145 kW)

LB9 5.0L Chevrolet tuned port injection V8, Manual 220 hp (160 kW)

L98 5.7L Chevrolet tuned port injection V8  230 hp (170 kW)

That being said- in 1988 the V-8 Trans-Am's, especially the 5.7L were quick for that era.  Yeah 0-60 in 7 seconds, quarter mile times in the mid to high 14's.. but still not too bad for back then.  I'd take one over a new Accord any day (and I do like the Honda's)

• 2 weeks later...