What did you do to your "other" car (aka musclecar) today

RyanbabZ71

20 hours ago, Mikebtte said:

That is a cool car, I remember the first time I rebuilt a North star engine. I thought it was so advanced and awesome. Still a fun car to drive around and you get a lot of accessories for the price. You have me thinking that that car would be a good track car if gutted. Hmmm

Love the Northstar, absolute hoot in my 96 DeVille. A damn shame GM nickeled and dimed it so much, had they spent some damn money sealing it it would be legendary, not infamous

I HATE that engine! Tear half the engine apart just to change a starter. Typical GM engineering, nothing but frustration. If I never see one again, it'll be too soon. :lol:

Congrats Ryan. Haven't made a car payment in almost 3 years and hope never to again.

That last rain(likely the brine Tulsa started using) has killed any hydrophobic layers left on the Mazda's paint, although the the last stuff I put on is more sheeter than beader, guess I'm breaking out the nanoskin tonight.

That thing is friggin SWEET!  :thumbs: Always loved the late 60's to early 70's Ford, and GMC trucks.

I'm betting we won't be seeing many GMT900s or the newer stuff in 40 years. If their not rusted away to nothing, there will be so many computer glitches and wiring problems that nobody will want to bother with them. I'll also bet that cars pre-1973 will still be around then, too!

Thanks!

I inherited it a few years back and it was all original. Only about 60k miles. So far have swapped out the 3 speed manual to a built C6. And installed disc brakes in the front.

After the rebuild of the engine, I’m hoping to be around 385hp. Should be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JCKustoms said:

Thanks!

I inherited it a few years back and it was all original. Only about 60k miles. So far have swapped out the 3 speed manual to a built C6. And installed disc brakes in the front.

After the rebuild of the engine, I’m hoping to be around 385hp. Should be fun!

Thought about finding a wrecked 2013+ F150 or Mustang and putting a Coyote in it?

I nanoskinned the Mazda, and started seeing minor holograms when I buffed off the detailer....so I started hand buffing more, and it started smearing after some elbow grease, and I think it might be last year's coat of sealant. Behaving the same way, and they were gone after the ultimate liquid wax was removed. 

I layered several "lasts up to a year" products on it, maybe they actually lasted, and one was a real pain to get on smooth(I actually trashed it with 85% of the product left), wondeer if a strong sealant can just build up contamination that it's looks like the paint is unprotected.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

Put on new brake pads that hopefully won't leave the bottom half covered in dust after a 5 Mile drive like the factory ones do. New pads are cheaper than the amount of detailer and microfiber you'll burn through if you want to keep it clean.

Got the LSP on the Mazda before that.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS
  • Like 1

Why does it need a rebuild with only 60K on the clock? Curious....

Doesn’t need an actual rebuild per say, but I’m doing it for the added HP. I want it to be more of a “Hot Rod”. It’s pretty much just a cruiser now.

• Like 2