Foglights On With High Beams

ya im pretty sure i wont be using any hot glue lol. it could be in good enough. just hard to tell with how weak the leads are. i was more thinking of maybe using some .032 safety wire to attach the leads to.

I did not cut the leads on the diodes shorter. What you see in the picture of the installed diode is a result of pushing the leads down in deeply. I used needle nose pliers to push them in.

Edited by spurshot
  • Like 1

I just finished installing my diode. Works like a charm. Super easy to do.

I also threw some electrical tape over the diode and around the wiring harness to hold the diode in place a little better.

I have 17 diodes left from CoasterCOG. He gave me 20, I used 1, but I'm keeping 2 more just in case.

Who wants some?

PM me

Edited by fondupot

For the life of me I can't do this mod. Bent my diode trying too push it in with needle nose pliers. Not even sure if I was on the right wires. Trying again in the morning.

The main reason I worked to do this mod was so I could do this. The fog lights aren't doing anything for me other than switching on one set of these LED driving lights. No wires thru the firewall and dimming with the high beam lever. So slick.

DSC_7810Large_zps02ade40b.jpg

• Like 2

Be careful about the terminology. There is a "Headlamp signal" and a Left and Right "... Headlamp Low Beam Supply Voltage". My guess is that the "Headlamp Signal" is from the switch on the dash, which I don't think will do what you want as it is likely a ground.

I think you want to tap the "... (L or R) Headlamp Low Beam Supply Voltage" in connector X4, which is the black connector.

It's always a good idea to verify the circuit you tap with a voltmeter or light, in this case while turning on and off the low beams.

df22f6ea-7896-49b9-b37a-bb36448d7d95_zps

x4connector_zps678962a1.jpg

x4labels1_zps86fc8602.jpg

x4labels2_zps296afaf4.jpg

Edited by spurshot
  • Like 1

For the life of me I can't do this mod. Bent my diode trying too push it in with needle nose pliers. Not even sure if I was on the right wires. Trying again in the morning.

Its kinda tricky. But it helps if you unplug the connector so you can look it at face up. Just be careful you don't break off the retaining clip...they aren't meant for repeated abuse. Also it doesn't help that the space in front of the drivers seat is a bit....cramped.

Took me about 30 or so mins to get it right, and I didn't need to use a needle nose. Chances are that using the needle nose is making it harder than it needs to be. You don't really need to jam the diode to hell. It just as to get in there enough to make contact. Firmly pressing in with your fingers is more than enough, then I secured the diode a bit of electrical tape.

Good luck.

I'm having trouble understanding the process here......likely making it out to be harder than it actually is. Do i actually need to unplug anything on the brown color harness? . or just "jump" the diode in the correct pin slots?

I'm having trouble understanding the process here......likely making it out to be harder than it actually is. Do i actually need to unplug anything on the brown color harness? . or just "jump" the diode in the correct pin slots?

no need to actually remove anything on the harness, but it does help to unplug the actual connector to make it easier to work with. Once you have it in a spot you can see better, all you have to do is jump the two wires with the diode.

Also on that note

12 diodes left....

Edited by fondupot
  • Like 1