Foglights On With High Beams

I guess diode must not have been making contact. Works great now took me a few tries and a few bent up diodes but I got it. Also diode placement is the same on 2018 jumped 10 and 18.

Thanks guys.:thumbs:

Edited by 2018deepocean
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looking for some help, tried searching this thread but search doesn't do well with short search terms (like DRL).

I have a 2018 Sierra with LED headlights, if that matters.  I want to have my fogs on all the time, so when DRLs are on, when parking lights are on, and when both low and high beams are on.  I did the BRN10-BRN22 diode, so I have everything but when DRLs are on.  I was looking at the pinout and it looks like I can go to pin 23 (out of park)?  I assume that would turn the fogs on when the vehicle is on and out of park?  Does that work, is there a better option?  I was also thinking pin 7 (right front DRL control), but would that turn the fog lights off when I turn my right turn signal on?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys - recently bought a 2016 Sierra Denali and joined the forum. Stumbled upon this thread while clicking around. I always gain so much from these forums, so I thought I'd give back in my first post. Here is a simple solution I made to have the fog lights automatically turn on with the day time running lights - did this with my previous truck as well (2008 Cadillac Escalade). I bought a diode and used some 14 gauge wire I had laying around. I wrapped 14 gauge wire to each end of the diode and sealed it with marine grade shrink wrap (waterproof). I then got into the engine bay fuse box and pulled the fuses for the fog lights (#49) and day time running lights (#28 or #29 - can be either, only need one). When I put the fuses back in I wedged the wire in one of the slots for the fuse connector, one end of the diode/wire goes in the fog light fuse and the other goes in the DRL fuse. Keep in mind the diode is directional (only allows current one way), so if it doesn't work at first just flip the wire around. Now anytime your DRL's are on, the fog lights will automatically come on. No need to push the fog light button. The fog lights also stay on when you turn on your brights. I attached a photo of my set up, it was taken standing over the driver side fender looking at the fuse box. Ask any questions if you got em!

2016 Sierra 1500 Fog Light Mod Diagram.JPG

On 7/28/2018 at 5:38 PM, 02SOMWS6 said:

Looking for some help, tried searching this thread but search doesn't do well with short search terms (like DRL).

I have a 2018 Sierra with LED headlights, if that matters.  I want to have my fogs on all the time, so when DRLs are on, when parking lights are on, and when both low and high beams are on.  I did the BRN10-BRN22 diode, so I have everything but when DRLs are on.  I was looking at the pinout and it looks like I can go to pin 23 (out of park)?  I assume that would turn the fogs on when the vehicle is on and out of park?  Does that work, is there a better option?  I was also thinking pin 7 (right front DRL control), but would that turn the fog lights off when I turn my right turn signal on?

Look at my previous post, I think this takes care of your issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Did this mod today, chose to do the 10/22 option. Really like it, can still turn on fogs prior to auto headlights activating, but if i start the truck at night the fogs  come on with the auto headlights and stay on with highbeams.

13 hours ago, Speedy308 said:

Did this mod today, chose to do the 10/22 option. Really like it, can still turn on fogs prior to auto headlights activating, but if i start the truck at night the fogs  come on with the auto headlights and stay on with highbeams.

were did you get the diode from ???? Thanks

• Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 12:36 AM, Speedy308 said:

I think you're doing what I wan to do.  Fogs do not come on with DRL, come on with headlights, stay on with high beams?  Correct?

• Like 2

I think you're doing what I wan to do.  Fogs do not come on with DRL, come on with headlights, stay on with high beams?  Correct?

Yep. This is the intended operation here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Darmichar said:

Correct, come on with remote start as well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Yep. This is the intended operation here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just starting to wade through the 45 pages, perhaps you can save me the trouble.  Which pin does the stripe on the diode 'face', 10 or 22?

*Edit* ...and I'm assuming it's still the same on an '18?  Just traded my '14 in last night.

Edited by Darmichar
  • Like 3