Foglights On With High Beams

51 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Somewhere in the first dozen or so pages of this thread, is the link to download the eBooklet(s) for these trucks.

Latest available is for 2018!  Hopefully will update for 2019.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I gave up on trying to use the 1N4004 diodes that are so often used. The leads were just not stiff enough for me to force into place. Instead, I used some 6a diodes that I had lying around from an earlier project. The diode is quite a bit bigger, but leads are thicker and much stiffer making them SO much easier to push in. I did use@Ravenkeeper 's idea of starting the path with a jeweler's screwdriver, which also helped.

Obviously the 6a diodes are overkill, but they do prevent current backflow, so they work fine. If anyone with more electrical knowledge than I do feels these are not safe somehow, please chime in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, adverbius said:

For what it's worth, I gave up on trying to use the 1N4004 diodes that are so often used. The leads were just not stiff enough for me to force into place. Instead, I used some 6a diodes that I had lying around from an earlier project. The diode is quite a bit bigger, but leads are thicker and much stiffer making them SO much easier to push in. I did use@Ravenkeeper 's idea of starting the path with a jeweler's screwdriver, which also helped.

Obviously the 6a diodes are overkill, but they do prevent current backflow, so they work fine. If anyone with more electrical knowledge than I do feels these are not safe somehow, please chime in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Should be fine - a 6A diode nearly always has a peak or RMS reverse voltage above our truck electrical voltage.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2018 at 12:15 PM, OBO said:

Hi everyone, this is a longshot but does anyone if this mod would work on a 2012 GMC Acadia, Thanks

2010-04-19_132224_pic1.gif2010-04-19_132315_pic2.gif

If you have a multimeter, check pins 11 and 15 and see what the voltages are with regard to the fog / headlight status.  You may be able to do something similar.  

4 minutes ago, bgweed said:

2010-04-19_132224_pic1.gif2010-04-19_132315_pic2.gif

If you have a multimeter, check pins 11 and 15 and see what the voltages are with regard to the fog / headlight status.  You may be able to do something similar.  

15?  Windshield Washer Relay?  Don’t see HIGH Beams listed on this.

10 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

15?  Windshield Washer Relay?  Don’t see HIGH Beams listed on this.

Yeah, that way you can flash your lights whenever you spray your windows.  It let's everyone know you can't see for a moment.  

Nah I mean 16 - headlamp relay control.  It doesn't say high beams, but maybe OBO will get lucky and it's related to highs.  I don't have a pinout for the other BCM connector that sits next to this one on 1st gen Acadia.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the diode jump from low beams or park lights to your fog lights works on a 2018 Sierra?? I done this on my 2015 and loved the fog lights on all the time, I jumped it from my park lights so my fog were always on. Does this work on a 2018 with the LED fog lights? Tks! 

10 hours ago, SierraBrad said:

Does anyone know if the diode jump from low beams or park lights to your fog lights works on a 2018 Sierra?? I done this on my 2015 and loved the fog lights on all the time, I jumped it from my park lights so my fog were always on. Does this work on a 2018 with the LED fog lights? Tks! 

Did it with my ‘18 Silverado, PIN numbers are the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Help please, I have a 2018, 2500hd. Trying to do the fogs and brights. The wire in position 10 is solid brown in mine, directions say it should be brown with white stripe. What are the correct positions for this truck? .Position 18 is brown and violet like the directions suggest. Please let me know if I do 10 and 18 regardless of color or what is correct for the 2018 2500 HD to keep the fogs on with the brights. Thanks .....update....

Answered my own question. Brown wire equals brown with white stripe on my 2018. Use positions in the connector. Also used small tap ons, easy.

Edited by Jrs 94
Update

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2018 at 3:20 PM, Jrs 94 said:

Help please, I have a 2018, 2500hd. Trying to do the fogs and brights. The wire in position 10 is solid brown in mine, directions say it should be brown with white stripe. What are the correct positions for this truck? .Position 18 is brown and violet like the directions suggest. Please let me know if I do 10 and 18 regardless of color or what is correct for the 2018 2500 HD to keep the fogs on with the brights. Thanks .....update....

Answered my own question. Brown wire equals brown with white stripe on my 2018. Use positions in the connector. Also used small tap ons, easy.

So, did you get it worked out?