Foglights On With High Beams

On 8/13/2014 at 6:40 AM, Spurshot said:

Hmmm. Check the orientation of the diode. The diode has to be connected in a manner that allows continuity in the direction away from the #10 pin. Think of it as a one way valve. The stripe on the diode should closest to the #18 (or 22) pin.

Try following my original instructions for the 10-18 pins. Push the diode leads in hard. Dont pussyfoot around. I used a pair of needle nose pliers. If it's pushed in well, you won't need any tape to hold it in place.

Got it.  Hopefully this saves someone from having to go back through 45 (at this point) pages of information.

• Like 3

I was just starting to wade through the 45 pages, perhaps you can save me the trouble.  Which pin does the stripe on the diode 'face', 10 or 22?

*Edit* ...and I'm assuming it's still the same on an '18?  Just traded my '14 in last night.

856edf1902013facb37e3bdf1d1a932f.jpg Yes - good for 2014-2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Phil-
What is the diode in the gray plug for?

:) I get asked that all the time. Lol. It’s the dome lamp/Puddle Lamp workaround.

For 2014 trucks, the BCM doesn’t send the full 12V to the Puddle Lamp circuit. This is how we address that.

Phil-
What is the diode in the gray plug for?

:) I get asked that all the time. Lol. It’s the dome lamp/Puddle Lamp workaround.

For 2014 trucks, the BCM doesn’t send the full 12V to the Puddle Lamp circuit. This is how we address that.

1 hour ago, pgamboa said:

So that’s not the 10/22 jump, you’re just showing the orientation of the diode?

*Edit* Nevermind, I put my glaesses on and saw the other diode circled. 

Edited by Darmichar

21 hours ago, pgamboa said:

So Phil, the Gray diode isn’t needed on the 16 models? I installed this diode on my 16, noticed the puddle lights now mimic the interior lights, On & Off , as well as the exit lights of the Cab & Taillights diode mods. 

Edited by Z-TRUCK
  • Like 1

So Phil, the Gray diode isn’t needed on the 16 models? I installed this diode on my 16, noticed the puddle lights now mimic the interior lights, On & Off , as well as the exit lights of the Cab & Taillights diode mods. 

The puddle lamp circuit, on its own, will only come on at night when the truck is unlocked... then off when locked.

So if your Puddle lamps are functional now, you don’t need the diodes (unless you’re 2014) OR you want them to follow your dome Lamp.

42 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

The puddle lamp circuit, on its own, will only come on at night when the truck is unlocked... then off when locked.

So if your Puddle lamps are functional now, you don’t need the diodes (unless you’re 2014) OR you want them to follow your dome Lamp.

Thanks Phil.  Yeah they come on during the day, when the doors are opened, and at night when unlocking truck. So puddles comes on every time doors are opened, but  with these diode mods, the Cab/backups/& Puddles at night. So, puddles at Day, & All at night...Thanks Phil, & Thanks to everyone who brought us this mod. 

• Like 1

I'm new to this forum.  Just purchased a 2016 Silverado LTZ.  How do you get this things in there?? LOL  I've tried like 4-5 times and it won't stay in the slot!!  

Thanks

On 8/22/2018 at 10:51 AM, Z-TRUCK said:

Thanks Phil.  Yeah they come on during the day, when the doors are opened, and at night when unlocking truck. So puddles comes on every time doors are opened, but  with these diode mods, the Cab/backups/& Puddles at night. So, puddles at Day, & All at night...Thanks Phil, & Thanks to everyone who brought us this mod. 

Did this mod to my ‘15, shortly after I bought it.  There is no daylight sensor for the interiors.  I noticed that when I unlocked the truck, opened any/all of the doors, and if I turned on the interior lights with the ON/DOOR/OFF switch (not with the individual switches) the puddles would come on.  Even driving down the highway, if you flip the ON/DOOR/OFF switch to the ON position, the puddles would light up the sides of the truck.  

• Like 1