Foglights On With High Beams

On 9/8/2019 at 7:32 PM, Florida_Dawg14 said:

Hate to revive a thread that seems to have been covered thoroughly but I've got a problem. I feel like I've followed the previous posts exactly, diode correct way, right pins for the high beam fog as well as 3rd brake light with backup but neither work, attached is what I'm looking at, point out what's the problem? Thanks.

20190908_203423.jpg

Cargo / Rev.  Diode - is that the one running from the white block to the brown block ??  going on a 2018 .

16 hours ago, rbrjr1 said:

Cool!

I have the 2018 LED headlights, so it’s just one reflector for me.

I know have a '18, too.  Not too sure how the single bulb setup works.

12 hours ago, slj2008 said:

Cargo / Rev.  Diode - is that the one running from the white block to the brown block ??  going on a 2018 .

Pink26(strip end)-Brown26.....yes.

On 12/8/2019 at 1:42 AM, Ravenkeeper said:

I know have a '18, too.  Not too sure how the single bulb setup works.

I believe it just increases the LEDs in the array that turn on..  (guessing at numbers) Low beams have 5 on then high beams add another 3 for example..

• Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 11:23 AM, Dock Rocker said:

Anyone know if the Tahoe’s are the same as the Silverado?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it may be, BUT there are 1415 pages (4.88MB) to review, to find what you're looking for.

• 1 month later...

Edit:  I was looking at the wrong plug.  I did the mod the same way as I did on my 2015, and worked like a charm!

Has anyone found out how to complete this mod on a 2019 Silverado?  I bought a new 2019 Silverado LT and I have previously completed this mod on my 2015 that I traded off.  The problem is, the brown plug on the BCM is different on my 2019 than it was on my 2015.  

The mod that I did previously was a diode between pins 10 and 22, which turned my fogs on with parking lights.  That is what I am looking to do again.

Bobby

Edited by weinerb

Hey all. New guy here. I have a 2016 Silverado Z71 LTZ with the LED headlights and Intellibeam automatic high beams. Does anybody know and can confirm this mod will work with the automatic high beams? 

22 hours ago, Tigerguy73 said:

Hey all. New guy here. I have a 2016 Silverado Z71 LTZ with the LED headlights and Intellibeam automatic high beams. Does anybody know and can confirm this mod will work with the automatic high beams? 

If you turn your fogs on with your lows, OR if you have the fogs/lows diode mod, your Intellibeam feature will NOT work.  I have the fogs/HIGHs diode mod, and my Intellibeam feature works fine. 

12 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

If you turn your fogs on with your lows, OR if you have the fogs/lows diode mod, your Intellibeam feature will NOT work.  I have the fogs/HIGHs diode mod, and my Intellibeam feature works fine. 

Fogs/lows mod? 

9 hours ago, Tigerguy73 said:

Fogs/lows mod? 

Some guys would rather have their fogs on with their lows (all the time, BRN22[striped]-BRN10).  This one actually has your fogs on with parking lights.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, new to the forum been on multiple forums in the past.  Great topic here..  i did the cargo and the park lamp diode and they work as advertised.  I was wondering as going through all 52 pages of this, there are a couple of users stating they want the fogs on with DRL..  If im not mistaken, DRL wont come on until you are shifted out of park. 

Im wondering for my 2016 (possibly the 2014-+), couldn't we just diode from pin 10-23 the "out of park" signal?  I was going to try it on my truck, but i didn't want to have the $1,000 issue.. 

Also - since the diodes are 1 way, could you have 2 diodes?  1 from the DRL signal (either left or right) to the fogs, and one to the Park lamp?

out of parkl.PNG