2015 YUKON NOISE IN CABIN

Called the dealership to schedule the installation of the drive shaft. They said that this will fix the issue. They also said that about the head liner removal and re-insulating the top of the vehicle, which did nothing except leave grease stains and loose seat belts. I will update once they replace the part. Anybody else already have the replacement??

So checked on mine today. There is a bulletin of some kind out for this problem. They are pulling my roof skin and doing something with it. Bad thing is I have to wait a week cause their lead body guy is on vacation. At least they gave me a nice loaner. 2015 ltz crew cab silverado

HI All,

First time here. I have had my 2015 Denali for two months and this has been driving me crazy since the first drive home. Anyway, GM replaced 2 of my 22" rims and thought they were not circular. Problem did not go away. So today, they took it back and mentioned the issue with the roof too. I guess there was a GMC service bulletin issued on 29 August regarding the "droan and pressure" sensation. Does anyone have access to this document? I would like it for my records. Will be picking it up tomorrow...will keep you posted if it's resolved.

By the way, I have found the problem to be worst at 38-50 mph. 43 mph being the worst speed. I am just so glad I found this forum...I have been going nuts!

Edited by jasondenali15

Dealership called and said the replacing of the drive shaft did not fix the issue. Shocker. They have another engineer coming tomorrow, but I picking the Yukon up tonight so they have to start another service ticket. The dealership says that GM needs to buy it back, GM says the dealership makes that decision. Anybody know who's call it is? I defiantly feel like the little guy up against corporate America. I am about to wrap my truck with pictures of lemons and GM logos with a message that says " call me before you spend $67k on a Yukon.

GM - I am not a mechanic, but what portion of Yukon/Tahoe research and development identified that the driveshaft will relieve the pressure folks are experiencing. Did you do any R&D on these vehicles cabin noise and pressure. If so, break-out the stats and get the job done. GM dealerships attempting to fix this issue don't have a clue what's going on. Send them what they need to fix the problem. Customers that purchase these vehicles don't have a 70K tree in the back yard.

4 Knucks - this ia a load of s***. GM advertises a vehicle and warrantees its service, now you folks are having to go through this after buying the vehicle in good faith, totally unacceptable. I don't have my warranty book currently with me, but I did read something a couple of days ago about the GM buy-back program. Break open your warranty booklet and see what it says. But it would make sense if the vehicle is not performing to standards and is becoming a safety issue, that GM versus the dealership should assume responsibility since vehicle assembly was at the factory.

I am not experiencing the problem, but Tahoe owners are not off the hook. Again, get familiar with your state lemon laws; some states identify after 3 visits for the same issue over a period of time a vehicle could be identified as a lemon. Some states may identify more or less days. I also read that a vehicle with a safety issue could be identified as a lemon after 1 visit. Get smart on that stuff cause this looks like this is where you're going.

All perspective Yukon/Tahoe owners, ensure you test drive your vehicle at varying speeds before you decide to purchase. Inquire if the dealer is up to speed on this issue with the cabin pressure. If not, tell them to go study on the subject because the deal is dependent upon a fix for this issue.

Just received a copy of the GM Service Bulletin. Here's the deal: "The body booming issue may be more noticeable when the engine is in V4 mode." Further, "These concerns could be caused by the roof sheet metal no longer being attached to the roof bows (1). On the trucks with a sunroof, it may be noticed that the rear edge of the sunroof glass is considerably lower than the roof (2). This is due to the roof sheet metal being detached from the roof bow directly behind the sunroof opening (3)."

My Denali is at the dealer now and they noticed the sheet metal was no longer attached. They are fixing it now. Will keep you guys posted if it helps. I am not taking my vehicle back from them unless this is fully resolved. The pressure is so bad, I am getting headaches driving it. I am a business owner and do not have time for this nonsense. $73,000...

jasondenali15 - Maybe based on your input, ".....when the engine is in V4 mode", I can sort of see GM looking at the driveshaft. But GM knew about the V4 mode thats why they attempted a driveshaft fix with 4 Knucks. That didn't work, the attempt may have been the cheaper route.

Now with this bulletin, sounds like an issue with the sunroof not mating with the sheet metal. A fix, maybe increase the height of the sunroof glass rear edge.

Everyone having this issue, do you have a sunroof? Cause if not, this bulletin won't work for you.

Ok, so they replaced the drive shaft yesterday. I went and drove it with the GM rep that came in, and the noise was still present. She agreed that she heard it. I left the vehicle overnight, because they had an engineer coming in with a "peco" (not sure that's correct) device to test the drive shaft. I just called the dealer, and they said the vehicle is fixed. He said the only noise is the "normal" sound from shifting from V4 to V8. Sounds suspicious to me, but I am cautiously optimistic. I am picking the vehicle back up around 11, and will update then.

jasondenali15 - the sheet metal on your Denali was no longer attached. How the heck could that happen and you not know. I overlooked this portion, this bulletin can apply to folks without a sunroof.

Thx for the info jasondenali15

The roof sheet metal is coming off of the crossbars on the frame. The inside liner would obscure actually seeing it. You can just hear and feel it.

On a side note, I am in a 2015 Tahoe for a rental and notice something similar...not as bad as mine. I am starting to think this is a bigger issue for 2015s.