2015 YUKON NOISE IN CABIN

subedriver - that's what I'm talking about, good one. Everyone that's having this issue, post your service manager's name and "office" number for everyone else to see. This will establish a dealer database which will fast-track the process in mitigating the issue or provide information for current and prospective '15 GM SUV owners.

Ok subedriver, let's start with you...

(note; do not post any dealership "personal" information, only public professional info)

I bought a '15 Yukon XL SLT about a month ago. I've had a rattling noise from both the drivers' and passengers' side seat belt housing and I was searching the internet for info if others were having the same problem. Turns out a few do, as well as the 2nd row captains chairs rattle like a 1970's pickup truck when going over medium size bumps in the road. And the pressure buffetting, I thought maybe that was just me but my truck definitely has this problem, though I haven't been able to pinpoint when and why it does it. It feels like one window is open, but then it will go away. And it is not consistent. I do not have a sunroof.

Driving to work this morning with a rattling in my ear and the rear seats rattling over every bump, I was getting very frustrated.

• Like 1

I bought a '15 Yukon XL SLT about a month ago. I've had a rattling noise from both the drivers' and passengers' side seat belt housing and I was searching the internet for info if others were having the same problem. Turns out a few do, as well as the 2nd row captains chairs rattle like a 1970's pickup truck when going over medium size bumps in the road. And the pressure buffetting, I thought maybe that was just me but my truck definitely has this problem, though I haven't been able to pinpoint when and why it does it. It feels like one window is open, but then it will go away. And it is not consistent. I do not have a sunroof.

Driving to work this morning with a rattling in my ear and the rear seats rattling over every bump, I was getting very frustrated.

I also have my car for a month, the noise in the driver seat belt housing is TERRIBLE more when you drive with the head about the housing!! I'm afraid if dealer tear up the panel is going to be worst….since many components are involve….Someone have it fixed??

• Like 1

Anyone comment on the rear end noise (driver side) when getting into bumps? the entrance of my community has a brick road and I get this noise like muffler moves and knocks something else… definitely not from inside the car, has to be driver side and rear end...

The dealership I bought my Tahoe from is Joe Self Chevrolet Cadillac. Phone number is 3167120611 the service managers name js Nick. They have now had my Tahoe for almost two weeks this time. The field engineer still isn't here to look at it. We will be checking into the lemon law for kansas.

Anyone comment on the rear end noise (driver side) when getting into bumps? the entrance of my community has a brick road and I get this noise like muffler moves and knocks something else… definitely not from inside the car, has to be driver side and rear end...

I have a 2015 Yukon XL Denali 4wd, and have close to 7K miles on it from 3 months of driving. No noise issues whatsoever in mine. It is super quiet, almost no road noise or anything. Love the truck. Its huge, fits the whole family, lets me hide my tools and such below the cargo area and goes wherever I have tried to take it. Did I mention I love the 6.2 Liter. awesome engine, gets decent gas mileage too considering the size of this thing.

The only issue I have had was a software issue on the auto mode. Software locked transfer case and would not switch out of auto mode or 4wd (sucks for parking the behemouth). But GM has supposedly fixed the software issue and it has worked flawlessly since they put new software in. Service department has actually surprised me. Truck was at 22% oil life and they went ahead and did the scheduled maintenance since it was already there getting programmed.

Elder1923,

Sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing this same rattling noise. I’d be happy to reach out to your dealership on your behalf and look into this more. Please send a private message if you’d like to discuss things further.

Subedriver,

Good to hear the field engineer is coming to help resolve this noise for you. Please continue to keep us posted and let us know if you have any questions. We’ll be on the lookout for updates.

2new4gm,

I apologize for the rattling noise in your driver’s seat belt housing. I understand how frustrating this can be when trying to drive. If you decide to go to take it to the dealer, we can follow up on your behalf. Just send a private message if we can be of any assistance.

Everyone,

If you’re experiencing a similar rattling noise, we recommend going to the dealership for a diagnosis. We could contact your preferred dealership on your behalf and have this reviewed further. Feel free to reach out via private message if this is something of interest. If you’ve already been working with the dealership, keep us posted on how things go. We’re always happy to assist!

Regards,

Eddie A.

GM Customer Care

• Like 1

Well the engineer thinks is the tires having to much road force. I can't tell you how wrong I think this is. They ordered 6 tires and are going to try that. To top it off my tahoe got hailed on sitting at the dealership. This put me over the top. Went and had words the gm and he was supposed to talk to the owner about buying my tahoe back. When asked what they would do if the tires didn't fix it the service manger said they would just keep chasing the problem. Asked what kind of time frame they had for this. Didn't have an amswer. Do not like my car being a guinea pig for a problem that never should have existed. Am already trying to determine what the replacement vehicle will be. Won't be anything made by GM for sure.

GM Customer Service - your comments are appreciated, but don't lose perspective of this thread. The original post was not about a sound similar to a seat belt rattling but rather ".......A BUFFERING SOUND? MAKES YOUR EARS FEEL LIKE THE WINDOW IS DOWN, BUT IT IS NOT".

Not to diminish the impact of a seatbelt rattling, the topic of this thread involves sheet metal separation. There is an earlier post "GM Service Bulletin #PIT 5318 / Document ID 3975780 dated Aug 29 '14" about the subject.

4 Knucks - this thread was started by you, thx for the updates. Yes I agree, test drive your next truck in similar conditions so that you can provide a good assessment. Fortunate, you get to turn in your vehicle. Unfortunate for everyone else, they may have to go through what you went through to achieve your results.

With turning in your vehicle, GM is admitting they don't have a fix or the fix is too costly. Either way, this will probably be the end result for everyone experiencing this issue.

Just bought a new 2015 Suburban LT on 10/01/14 and have the buffering noise inside the cabin everyone is talking about. Advised the dealership -Matthews Auto in Vestal NY- who were going to look into it. Its definitely causing a headache for both my wife and I and the kids cant stand it. I did a Google search and found this forum. I have started a log, as suggested but ALL OF YOU NEED TO MAKE A COMPLAINT AT THE NHTSA - SAFECAR.GOV . This will ensure that others will have a data base to help them... Figures .... that an exciting and happy time of buying a new vehicle be overshadowed by a complicated issue....So much for my hard earned $65,000. I just cant believe that GM did not notice this during R/D and if they did then... WTH ??? I will keep you advised of my situation and high level of disgust. Heading to dealership today 10/06/14 .

Edited by Jamac4567