2015 Tahoe-Movement in Drivers Seat

I have noticed that when I turn something moves in the drivers seat. I had them look at it at the last oil change/spoiler replacement visit and they "couldn't duplicate" the movement and just tighten the bolts as tight as they could. I told the advisor that it wasn't going to help because the movement is inside the seat, not the seat. I first thought maybe it was all the mechanical stuff for the lane departure system but those are under the seat & are not moving. Anyone else have this problem or heard of it? It's very annoying. Thanks!

la - I have not experienced movement of or inside the seat. I believe all the Tahoe version seats are equal with the exception being a few more bells and whistles and leather trim. Use all the seat buttons (front/back/up/down/lumbar/heated back/heated bottom) to eliminate if one of the components doesn't work. You may can isolate the culprit versus the whole seat.

We've all heard the couldn't duplicate response, if the above paragraph doesn't isolate the problem then the next time it happens pay attention to your speed and driving scenario (going over a bump, turning a corner, braking hard, etc), then provide that to a advisor for them to attempt to duplicate the seat's reaction.

If the above two paragraphs still result in a couldn't duplicate response, then demand a new seat. Movement inside the seat could be considered a safety issue and will only get worse if not addressed; something's loose or broken

• 2 months later...

The dealership had it for 3 days and couldn't 'duplicate' the problem. I told them how I had read the seat frames needed to be replaced and he said maybe the next time I bring it in, they will have something documented on how to fix it. He said the Silverado had a problem but the seats are different now and the shims won't work on my seats. I have to take it back b/c they screwed up the Drivers Info Display when they had it and now the MyLink themes won't work so they said they probably need to reprogram the MyLink system. They'll be keeping it until they fix the seats....I'm not driving off with it not fixed for a 3rd time.

I told my husband about the hose clamp and he said we are not doing that and that Chevrolet will fix it. I'm not sure that it would work b/c the white brackets don't move on my seat.

Hi lahawthorn,

We can certainly imagine how frustrating this seat issue must be. We understand that you've taken your Tahoe to the dealer and that they were unable to duplicate your concern. We'd like to look into this further for you and also document your concern within our system. Feel free to send us a private message in regard to this thread if our help is needed. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.

GM Customer Care

lahawthorn - hose clamps for a vehicle out of warranty, possibly if I can't afford a bracket. But for your new vehicle, sure glad you husband decided not to go that route. Things that go wrong with a vehicle under warranty needs to be fixed, period.

The bracket to the frame or the bracket to the seat must be defective. Agree, 3 times the charm, demand your vehicle get fixed before you leave the dealership. Driving is not safe if your seat moves as you are applying the brakes.

lahawthorn - hose clamps for a vehicle out of warranty, possibly if I can't afford a bracket. But for your new vehicle, sure glad you husband decided not to go that route. Things that go wrong with a vehicle under warranty needs to be fixed, period.

The bracket to the frame or the bracket to the seat must be defective. Agree, 3 times the charm, demand your vehicle get fixed before you leave the dealership. Driving is not safe if your seat moves as you are applying the brakes.

lahawthorn - hose clamps for a vehicle out of warranty, possibly if other fixes are too expensive. But for your new vehicle, sure glad you husband decided not to go that route. Things that go wrong with a vehicle under warranty needs to be fixed, period.

lahawthorn - hose clamps for a vehicle out of warranty, possibly if other fixes are too expensive. But for your new vehicle, sure glad you husband decided not to go that route. Things that go wrong with a vehicle under warranty needs to be fixed, period.

• 4 months later...

Have this same problem in my 2014 Sierra and now our 2015 Denali has started doing it... Told the dealer about the truck months ago, but the "shim" kit was back ordered.

I'll hit them up again on the next oil change.

I had the same issue in my 2014 Sierra 1500. After bringing it in 3 times i had to demand new seat rails. Since they did that i have had zero issues for the last 7,000+ miles. Now my wifes 2015 yukon xl is starting to do it with about 8,000 miles on it. I will be taking that in soon. A least I know what needs to be fixed and can hopefully get it done on the first try.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same issue in my 2014 Sierra 1500. After bringing it in 3 times i had to demand new seat rails. Since they did that i have had zero issues for the last 7,000+ miles. Now my wifes 2015 yukon xl is starting to do it with about 8,000 miles on it. I will be taking that in soon. A least I know what needs to be fixed and can hopefully get it done on the first try.

2015 Tahoe here. The drivers seat is popping, slight movement at low speed turns.

I have read about the hose clamp for 2014 GM trucks.

Has anyone had a 2015 Tahoe/Sub fixed?

Took to the dealership a few weeks ago, they couldnt duplicate. I don't think they test drove it.

Thx