Engine bay got you down...Clean it up with a new cover.

1 minute ago, Nasty said:

I already did the mod the oil lube guy might like.   Im the oil lube guy

Bwahaha.

I don’t like crawling on my back anymore to do oil changes after my ACL reconstructive surguery last year.  My truck isn’t “cruise in” material to where it’d ever have the hood popped anywhere. But the gm tech (warranty work maybe) or oil guy would sure appreciate it.  I guess the same can be said for my cold air tube to an extent too. Haha. 

2 minutes ago, squeak93 said:

Bwahaha.

I don’t like crawling on my back anymore to do oil changes after my ACL reconstructive surguery last year.  My truck isn’t “cruise in” material to where it’d ever have the hood popped anywhere. But the gm tech (warranty work maybe) or oil guy would sure appreciate it.  I guess the same can be said for my cold air tube to an extent too. Haha. 

4 back surgeries in the last 3 years.  Truck is lowered 4.5/7.  I can barely get a jack under the front to lift it up to change the oil  :) i just put my big boy undies on give my nuts a scratch and do work

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, squeak93 said:

I really want to do this. But I don’t know if I want To spend $100 just for the oil lube guy to appreciate it. Haha 

Don't worry about the lube guy.  Do it for yourself.  Pull the truck in the garage, open the hood, grab a beer and just stare at the engine cover :thumbs:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 4 months later...
16 minutes ago, SS502 said:

How is it held in place?

Tabs in the back of cover are inserted into existing notches on back the motor.  Ball studs replace existing fasteners on plenum.  Grommets on the bottom of the intake cover are pressed on to ball socket of stud.  Grommet in blue with arrow pointing to ball stud. see attached.

Screenshot (1)_LI.jpg

• Like 1