Engine bay got you down...Clean it up with a new cover.

Those prices are right on. About $70 if you have an account. Emblem I used was a bit pricey but worth it.

The K&N I like. Sounds much better or rather how it should. Different in price for airraid not worth it. That's my opinion though. To each their own.

• Like 1

rxnotec, thanks for sharing this. I'm ordering a cover tomorrow for my 6.2. Is there any additional hardware required?

No it should be already there. There are a couple posts sticking up towards the front end part of the intake manifold it just snaps down on to and two pockets on the intake manifold cover in the back. I did not need any additional hardware other than changing the badge out from Caddilac to a chevrolet badge which are from the Cruze engine covers.

Ordered yesterday, installed today, $72 couldn't believe how quick my Chevy dealer got it for me. Cadillac emblem looks OK, don't think there's a circular GMC emblem available.

• Like 1

Ordered yesterday, installed today, $72 couldn't believe how quick my Chevy dealer got it for me. Cadillac emblem looks OK, don't think there's a circular GMC emblem available.

My bad. Post 21 shows the round Chevy emblem installed and post 18 shows the link to the part number.

Don't know of a GMC version. Chevy one is for the Camaro. Hmmm.

Are there any other GMC models that have engine covers?

Edited by chuckl1218
  • Like 1

Are the Caddy covers the only covers which fit?

As far as we can tell they are the only ones unless you convert the intake manifold to a LT1 intake manifold.

(I believe the LT1 manifold only works on the 6.2 though, not the 5.3. I could be wrong here)

Edited by rxnotec

My bad. Post 21 shows the round Chevy emblem installed and post 18 shows the link to the part number.

Don't know of a GMC version. Chevy one is for the Camaro. Hmmm.

Are there any other GMC models that have engine covers?

TADA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-91-92-93-94-95-96-97-98-99-00-New-GM-15634865-GMC-Wheel-Center-Cap-Emblem-/351138655758?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51c17eae0e&vxp=mtr

This would work but may be straight flat. I debated on flattening the middle to eliminate the dome issue on mine but that will come at a later day.

GMC Center Emblem possible solution: GM Part 15634865

this is not a GMC engine cover emblem but should work as one for you GMC guys and gals. This is from the older hub center covers but appears to be just shy of 3.5" so could be just like the Chevy one I did on mine.

Edited by rxnotec

As far as we can tell they are the only ones unless you convert the intake manifold to a LT1 intake manifold.

(I believe the LT1 manifold only works on the 6.2 though, not the 5.3. I could be wrong here)

It can be made to work on the 5.3

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-k2xx-trucks-general-discussion-221/c7-intake-manifold-my-5-3-a-531361/

What about this take a hole saw cut the circle out and pop this in?

As long as it fits within the drillable space that it can clip in or maybe epoxy or super glue in its up to you. I posted an actual straight stick on version that would work.