Engine bay got you down...Clean it up with a new cover.

Any body paint what use to be the valve covers? I think that would look good. I would like to see it before I do it. I found some 5.3 powered emblems that are chrome. I would use them on the black covers and paint the cover mentioned black to match.

• 1 month later...

What is the purpose of this engine cover on the Cadillac? I was curious if the cover provided some sound insulation for masking the ticking of the direct injection pump and injectors. Please let me know on that, if it provides extra sound deadening I am ordering one today....................... The engine ticking does annoy me and would be worth a couple of bucks if this cover lowers the ticking volume.

I agree, I would spend a few buck on this cover to reduce the ticking, although mine sounds like it resonates through the exhaust manifolds and out the bottom of the truck.

What is the purpose of this engine cover on the Cadillac? I was curious if the cover provided some sound insulation for masking the ticking of the direct injection pump and injectors. Please let me know on that, if it provides extra sound deadening I am ordering one today....................... The engine ticking does annoy me and would be worth a couple of bucks if this cover lowers the ticking volume.

Not sure if you ever got an answer on this, but as far as I can tell, it does not deaden any sound. I believe it's purely for looks.... And it does look good.

For any of you who want to order this late model style bowtie emblem for your engine cover, Trwtow told me that this is a 2014 Camaro V6 engine cover emblem. I ordered one from gmpartsdirect.com this morning. The one I have on mine is the "older style" bowtie and it's always bothered me (I'm way too anal I guess). Anyhow, the GM part # is 92068693 if you're interested. It costs around $40 with shipping.

THANKS Trwtow for the good info!!!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

post-131584-0-16150000-1431236355_thumb.jpg

Had to get my engine bay ready for shows, lots of color matched paint to the plastics. Did the engine cover modification special thanks to all of you for leading the charge. S&B Air Intake helped clean things up and added a little extra attitude.

• Like 2

Why hasn't anybody painted what use to be valve covers.I haven't seen any covers painted on the 5.3. I know it's not a valve cover,just thought it would look better to match the cover that's not included with our trucks.

I got my engine cover yesterday and installed it last night. It fits perfectly with no modifications. Thanks for the tip rxnotec!!!!

140924.jpg

What part number(s) did you order. I assume that's a Cadillac cover with a Chevy circle bowtie? Looks really good.

Doug

Last C5

What part number(s) did you order. I assume that's a Cadillac cover with a Chevy circle bowtie? Looks really good.

Doug

Last C5

The cover part # is: 12643295 and the emblem is 92068693.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys sorry for my mistake. Must have been distracted or toooooo many suds. The Correct part number for the 2 front studs that hold this cover is 11611691. I put in 16616691. Whoops. Sam