In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

El Conquistador

Cargo Lights on with Reverse Lights

I used the wire, it allows both sets of lights to come on in reverse or with switch. 2 diodes is just that

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

post-125339-0-89435800-1459808283_thumb.jpgim definately going do the diode trick for the cargo/spot lights but am going to add a switch as well.

post-125339-0-89435800-1459808283_thumb.jpg

top position will be powered by the original power source, center position is isolated from all power and bottom switch will be powered by the accessory plug that i gutted to put the switch in. This will allow me to operate the spots with my cargo switch or turn them off completely or turn them on whenever I want them on.....no more tailgators!

• Like 1

Hey Guys , I recently purchased a 2008 1500 for a steal of a deal , Im interested in doing this mod BUT! the BCM connectors are differant then the ones you guys have, any suggestions?

Just did this but couldn't find the diode listed at radio shack so hacked a coaxial cable and used the core. works great.

• Like 1

Did this to my 15 last night along with my fog lights on with brights.

I hate wiring and this is not that but it gave me the same amount of trouble. Using needle nose pliers I finally got them to work but it's tough getting the diodes in at least for me. Maybe I was using the wrong diodes since they would bend if I pushed it to hard. Anyways didn't get the chance to see what it looks like in the camera but it looked good just sitting there. Hopefully it holds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone done something similar on a GMT900 series. I would like my LED reverse lights to come on with my cargo lights so I can work on my trailer using them just by turning on the cargo lights with the engine off. A diode setup would be good for this and as an added bonus I could flash tailgaters with my reverse lights when needed!

Been meaning to do this cargo mod but it slipped my mind. Was thinking of this though .... is this possible for our trucks? To mod where if we hit the cargo switch during drive that the reverse lights would come on and could flash tailgaters?

I have no wiring background but was thinking that like the one guy on pg1 who did this mod but the opposite way, that that would achieve being able to turn on reverse lights with cargo switch (not sure if im making sense, sorry)

Been meaning to do this cargo mod but it slipped my mind. Was thinking of this though .... is this possible for our trucks? To mod where if we hit the cargo switch during drive that the reverse lights would come on and could flash tailgaters?

I have no wiring background but was thinking that like the one guy on pg1 who did this mod but the opposite way, that that would achieve being able to turn on reverse lights with cargo switch (not sure if im making sense, sorry)

Not sure the cargo lights come on while driving when switch is pressed (to avoid flashing people!!)

I didnt read far enough to thread to find that. I made my post about 6 pages in. After reading further i did say that it was already mentioned that this wasnt possible. Thanks for the replies though.

I see above or maybe a page back that someone had wired/relayed for them to use a switch for their pods which could flash the tailgate drivers. If i get pods then maybe, but i dont see myself adding those

• Like 1

Did this to my 15 last night along with my fog lights on with brights.

I hate wiring and this is not that but it gave me the same amount of trouble. Using needle nose pliers I finally got them to work but it's tough getting the diodes in at least for me. Maybe I was using the wrong diodes since they would bend if I pushed it to hard. Anyways didn't get the chance to see what it looks like in the camera but it looked good just sitting there. Hopefully it holds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say cargo, youre talking about the 3rd break light correct?

Sent from my SGS7

Do 1N4003 or 1N4005 work .. my RadioShack carries both of those but not 4004 😩

Read all the pages on this thread and I am going to perform this mod but I just wanted to double check. I have a 2016 Sierra that has LEDs on the tow mirrors. Question: is the wiring the same for my truck and will all the cargo lights and the LEDs in the mirrors turn on when I hit the unlock on the FOB?