2014/15+ HD PowerFold OEM Tow Mirrors (The Ones We've Been Waiting

superchargedss

I am getting ready to do this on my 2015 SLT Sierra 1500. I have all the parts to do it with. My truck has the RPO codes DL3, A45 & AYO. I bought LH mirror 23241465 & RH mirror 23241467. I bought the harnesses for the doors GM part numbers 23171564 & 23171567. The RH mirror that you listed 23241469 is for a diesel truck and has a sensor inside it for the exhaust brake I believe. If you install this part number on a gas truck it will throw a CEL and if you put a gas truck mirror on a diesel truck it will throw a CEL light from the research I have done. It should be pretty much plug and play for me I think. I have a chart that shows that I may have to recalibrate my memory module. After I do the install I will post back.

Thanks. I look forward to seeing if this works. I did not realize the diesel and gas mirrors were different. You saved me a lot of research. I have the same options on my truck.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just drove it for 45 minutes, no CEL.

Yes, factory tow mirrors with door harness date code 7/23/2015. I have the Max Trailer Package and The Outside Heated Power- Adjusted Vertical Camping Mirrors. The big Chrome mirrors that power fold. Will miss some features but I like the DL3 for my needs.

What do you guys think my mirrors and factory door harnesses are worth?

I am not sure what they are worth used, but new ones with harnesses are about $1050 (for these part numbers

Left Mirror # 23241465 Right Mirror # 23241467 Left Door Harness # 23171564 Right Door Harness # 23171567)

Mirrors ($467 each). harnesses ($67 each)

Thanks. I look forward to seeing if this works. I did not realize the diesel and gas mirrors were different. You saved me a lot of research. I have the same options on my truck.

I just finished swapping out the mirrors and harnesses. Everything works as it should. Marker & cargo lights, power fold, memory, reverse kick down the whole ball of wax and NO re flash or reprogram needed. If anyone is looking for a complete DL3 setup with harnesses send me a PM. I will be listing them for sale soon with pics.

I just finished swapping out the mirrors and harnesses. Everything works as it should. Marker & cargo lights, power fold, memory, reverse kick down the whole ball of wax and NO re flash or reprogram needed. If anyone is looking for a complete DL3 setup with harnesses send me a PM. I will be listing them for sale soon with pics.

Great! I have DL3, A45 and AYO just like you so it looks like I will be doing the same. I just want to confirm that you used:

Left Mirror # 23241465 Right Mirror # 23241467 Left Door Harness # 23171564 Right Door Harness # 23171567)

How long did it take you to complete the installation?

Great! I have DL3, A45 and AYO just like you so it looks like I will be doing the same. I just want to confirm that you used:

How long did it take you to complete the installation?

Yes, that is correct. Those are the part numbers that I used. It took me aprox. 5 hrs to do the swap but, I'm a very detail oriented person. You will have to drill one hole in each door because the towing mirror has 4 studs where the smaller mirror only has 3. After I drilled the holes I debured the holes and touched them up with touch up paint. Also there is a link over on duramax forum about how to reintstall your door panel. You need to remove the window felt from the panel to install it correctly. Those guys on youtube that are beatng those door panels back on are lucky that didn't break them if they didn't. I removed the felt and they went back on very easy. Good luck !

I have the DPN older style camper mirrors on my 2015 2500 SLE gasser. When the kid I bought it from ordered the truck (Aug. 2014), the new style mirrors weren't available yet (plus, this was an oddball build so he was running into issues with being able to get some of the options he wanted). Long story short, I would like to install the new style mirrors with the LED spotters and the running lights. I've tried following the various options/differences in mirrors in this thread and I'm a bit overwhelmed with what I actually need to get.

I'm not too worried about powerfold, but if it can be can plug and play, I would consider it. At the very least I'd like the new style mirrors (chrome caps or not doesn't matter, would prefer all black but not a deal breaker) and would like the running lights and LEDs to function without splicing.

Given those parameters, what do I need to order?

Let me know if you need more info from me, thanks.

BTW - my mirrors have less than 9k miles and are like new if anyone is interested.

Just finished installing power fold tow mirrors and the correct harnesses I bought from a member here.

Everything works as it should from the factory. That includes power fold, memory, reverse tilt, cargo lamps, clearance lamps, LED mirror turn signals and fold/unfold from key fob. Made some videos I will try to get posted.

Just finished installing power fold tow mirrors and the correct harnesses I bought from a member here.

Everything works as it should from the factory. That includes power fold, memory, reverse tilt, cargo lamps, clearance lamps, LED mirror turn signals and fold/unfold from key fob. Made some videos I will try to get posted.

Can't wait to see the vids

Sent from my SG Note 4 on Tapatalk

I've been under the impression we'd still have to run wires to get the ambers and cargos to work. If this keeps me from having to run wires and splices, I definitely need to know what the part numbers of these harnesses are. My truck is an SLT with DL3 with power fold, turn signals, puddles, heated, etc. Sounds like I just need to swap these out and everything will work correctly. It'd be much easier than running wires. Willing to spend the extra money for ease. Any info? Thanks!

I've been under the impression we'd still have to run wires to get the ambers and cargos to work. If this keeps me from having to run wires and splices, I definitely need to know what the part numbers of these harnesses are. My truck is an SLT with DL3 with power fold, turn signals, puddles, heated, etc. Sounds like I just need to swap these out and everything will work correctly. It'd be much easier than running wires. Willing to spend the extra money for ease. Any info? Thanks!

I posted the chart a few posts above. Tells you the exact harnesses needed for both driver and passenger doors for your model truck.

I posted the chart a few posts above. Tells you the exact harnesses needed for both driver and passenger doors for your model truck.

Perfect. Thanks!

For clarification, I need to replace my stock harnesses with the driver and passenger harnesses listed, and I also need the RZY if mine falls into one of the categories listed as "Yes"? What is the RZY? Mine does have seat adjustment (A45, right?), so it looks like my memory module needs new cals and I need the RZY, though a few posts above, a couple of guys with the same setup just swapped out harnesses and made it work plug and play?

Hey brother. First and foremost. Thanks a lot for doing this video. As a new truck owner this helps tremendously in knowing what looks right and what does not. Question; are these the mirrors being sold by forum member "superchargedSS"? If not, where did you purchase yours? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SG Note 4 on Tapatalk

Archived