2014/15+ HD PowerFold OEM Tow Mirrors (The Ones We've Been Waiting

superchargedss

Perfect. Thanks!

For clarification, I need to replace my stock harnesses with the driver and passenger harnesses listed, and I also need the RZY if mine falls into one of the categories listed as "Yes"? What is the RZY? Mine does have seat adjustment (A45, right?), so it looks like my memory module needs new cals and I need the RZY, though a few posts above, a couple of guys with the same setup just swapped out harnesses and made it work plug and play?

The RZY is a wiring harness they started putting on late 2015 models, the 2014 and early 2015 don't have it. I don't need it for my truck, so I don't know for sure what it does. I know other forum members here have purchased it for their swap. You need new cals for the memory if you want that feature, otherwise everything else (heat, power adjust, LED cargo lights, amber cargo lamps, turn signals, and power fold if you buy power folding) will work plug and play if you already have DL3 with A45 if you purchase 2x door harnesses and 2x mirrors.

If you fill out your profile with your truck info it's easier to help answer some questions.

Lawnboy needed a new harness when he purchased the accessory kit to upgrade his 2014 in this thread here: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/180407-comparison-between-standard-dl8-and-s4odpn-towing-mirrors/

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RZY is a wiring harness they started putting on late 2015 models, the 2014 and early 2015 don't have it. I don't need it for my truck, so I don't know for sure what it does. I know other forum members here have purchased it for their swap. You need new cals for the memory if you want that feature, otherwise everything else (heat, power adjust, LED cargo lights, amber cargo lamps, turn signals, and power fold if you buy power folding) will work plug and play if you already have DL3 with A45 if you purchase 2x door harnesses and 2x mirrors.

If you fill out your profile with your truck info it's easier to help answer some questions.

Lawnboy needed a new harness when he purchased the accessory kit to upgrade his 2014 in this thread here: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/180407-comparison-between-standard-dl8-and-s4odpn-towing-mirrors/

Thanks JRaschke11. I've updated my profile with more info. How do I go about these new cals because I would like my memory to work? In post #1114, the guy says he just used new harnesses and everything worked without a reflash or anything, including memory. I'm just wondering if it's a shot in the dark when you install the harnesses whether everything works or not. Think I have the same setup as him?

Wow Arth, that was fast! I am glad they made it safe and sound. Interesting, everyone thought you had to program, seems you just needed the factory harnesses.

Thanks JRaschke11. I've updated my profile with more info. How do I go about these new cals because I would like my memory to work? In post #1114, the guy says he just used new harnesses and everything worked without a reflash or anything, including memory. I'm just wondering if it's a shot in the dark, whether you get the harnesses or not. Think I have the same setup as him?

GM Guy in that post has a 2015, so he probably didn't need the RZY harness. According to everything I have read, you need it with a 2014. So 2x mirrors, 2x door harnesses, and RZY harness according to everything I have found out. To clarify, I am talking about the newer DQS power folding mirrors, not the manual folding.

Since you already have DL3 and A45, everything will work perfectly except memory may or may not work but it looks like it does.

Memory may work just fine, as we are all finding this out as we go since GM won't release the power folding as a kit many of us are buying the mirrors and harnesses separately. If you do need a recal of any kind, it's up to your dealer.

Hey guys, sorry I can get HD but I just moved and don't have internet yet. I will have Internet this afternoon so I'll load the HD videos. Also I have a late build 2015 and I am certain without these harnesses not all of the features would have worked.

Also no cal was needed and my memory seats and mirrors still function just fine.

does anyone have a full wiring diagram for these mirrors? I have a friend who is retrofitting a set of these onto his OBS (yes, OBS) and would like to know all the wires so he can hook them up appropriately.

thanks in advance for anyone who can help

It looks like my install went off without (maybe a few) hitches just like GM - Guy. I have the 2015 Sierra SLT with factory DL3 mirrors (power fold, power tilt, auto dim, memory, turn signals, heated, puddle lights). RPO code DL3 and A45. I installed the following parts and everything works without any additional programming.

LH mirror 23241465 & RH mirror 23241467. Door harnesses 23171564 & 23171567.

The LED backup lights come on using the cargo lamp button. I ran into an issue where the connector in the side of the door jamb (not in the door) released from the housing. It was a pain in the A$$ to reconnect. I had to pull the kick plate, the upper glove box cover and wiggle my hand in to hold it in place while reconnecting the pigtail from the door. The new wiring pigtail was somewhat of a bear to install also.

I am prepared to buy these harnesses to install the powerfold tow mirrors, but wanted to see if anyone had done the mirror/harness swap on a '14 successfully without reprogramming. I'm waiting on my actual build date, but I know it was 2014 at some point; and it seems that everyone that has done the mirror/harness swap successfully without reprogramming has done so on a 2015 truck. I just don't want to spend the money on the harnesses if I'm going to have to monkey with them to get them to work anyway. I'll just run wire and splice in that case and save the extra $150. Mine is a '14 GMC SLT power fold, heated, turn signal, memory, puddle, etc. Thanks guys!

I am prepared to buy these harnesses to install the powerfold tow mirrors, but wanted to see if anyone had done the mirror/harness swap on a '14 successfully without reprogramming. I'm waiting on my actual build date, but I know it was 2014 at some point; and it seems that everyone that has done the mirror/harness swap successfully without reprogramming has done so on a 2015 truck. I just don't want to spend the money on the harnesses if I'm going to have to monkey with them to get them to work anyway. I'll just run wire and splice in that case and save the extra $150. Mine is a '14 GMC SLT power fold, heated, turn signal, memory, puddle, etc. Thanks guys!

Your build date should be just inside the drivers door near the bottom of the B pillar. It sounds like your truck is optioned the same as my 2015 SLT. I would suggest that you research the GM document ID # 4174686. On that document it talks about your trucks RPO codes and tells you what harness and so forth..... http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiMxtWUrbvKAhWJ2D4KHbgIDc0QFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vehicleaccessorycenter.com%2Finc%2Ffiles%2Feditor%2Ffiles%2FI-sheet%2520in%2520Service%2520Computer%2520-%2520Camper%2520Mirrors.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHwb5rdOX2a09fEqGNsrDdtOr2hyg&sig2=ayeIZGH136hOaIYGLNHQHA

What I'm getting at is, also on that document, it tells you to inspect the body harness inside the door jamb for three pins. IIRC it tells you to look for 9, 11, 41. Now if your truck has those pins in the body harness I would think that it would be plug & play for you as well. But, if there is a pin missing then I would say that your going to have to cut & splice. I have NO experience with a 2014 but, I would like to know if you have all three of those pins or not. Maybe someone has already done this but, I haven't read it if they have.

If you do have all 3 pins in the body harness then I would buy the drivers side door harness first to see if everything works or not. If it works then proceed to buy the passenger side door harness. This is just a suggestion. If you don't want to use it that's OK.

Good luck ! :)

Well, I verified I don't have those 3 pins in my passenger side body harness. Guess I'll be buying the RZY too. Will I need 2 of those too, one for each side? As if the cash dropped on the mirrors wasn't enough. The label on my b pillar actually says 8/13, so this is a very early 2014 model, I assume. Starting to think splicing and running wires to fuses is looking really nice at this point. It would save me an extra $300 on harnesses if I only need one RZY, closer to $400 if I need two.

Archived