2014/15+ HD PowerFold OEM Tow Mirrors (The Ones We've Been Waiting

superchargedss

Hello - this a great post. I just had the Chevrolet dealership install towing mirrors on my 2014 Silverado LTZ 1500. They told me they were power folding but in fact they are not. They charged me a pretty penny for doing this $1100 +. I am now considering returning them and have them man up to the proper ones I wanted.

Any advice on how to let them know the power folding option does exist would be most helpful. I left the dealership very disappointed to say the least as I had power folding, heated, auto dimmming etc. mirrors on my truck. I feel for the price I paid ( they took $400 of for misquoting me) should get me the option I wanted most.

Mt local dealer is a Larry H Miller Chevrolet dealer.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The power fold mirror part numbers are. 23241465 and 23241467 and to make them work correctly on your 14 LTZ you should also buy the correct wiring harnesses which are 23171564 and 23171567, these replace the existing one, otherwise all the functions won't work.

What a nightmare this has been for a lot of people. We just bought our truck, and factored in the tow mirrors on a 2016 2500 HD Diesel High Country with standard mirrors. The dealers have no clue that the GM accessory kit are non powerfolding. I have been trying to get them to purchase replacement mirrors but they claim gm will not allow them to purchase them to upgrade these trucks. Are the parts guys in dealerships really this inept? Our salesmen said oh sure no problem,,, you can upgrade the mirrors no problem. Had I known this info we would have walked and waited for a truck that had them. From your guys experiance would I be able to purchase the harnesses and mirrors and just do it myself? And retain all functions? We have everthing right now.. powerfold, puddle lights, turn signals, heat, memory recall etc. Do the new harnesses send the proper functions on the tow mirrors?

What a nightmare this has been for a lot of people. We just bought our truck, and factored in the tow mirrors on a 2016 2500 HD Diesel High Country with standard mirrors. The dealers have no clue that the GM accessory kit are non powerfolding. I have been trying to get them to purchase replacement mirrors but they claim gm will not allow them to purchase them to upgrade these trucks. Are the parts guys in dealerships really this inept? Our salesmen said oh sure no problem,,, you can upgrade the mirrors no problem. Had I known this info we would have walked and waited for a truck that had them. From your guys experiance would I be able to purchase the harnesses and mirrors and just do it myself? And retain all functions? We have everthing right now.. powerfold, puddle lights, turn signals, heat, memory recall etc. Do the new harnesses send the proper functions on the tow mirrors?

Super easy. Buy the mirrors online from a GM parts website and pay half price that the dealer charges, or grab some off eBay. Grab a set of door harnesses also. It will take 3-4 hours but it requires just basic mechanical skill. Youtube how to remove the door panel, use a drill to drill the pre-marked hole for the 4th mirror bolt, and replace the door harnesses by pulling out the old one and plugging in the new one. It's that easy and kind of fun.

Yes, the new harnesses allow the LEDs to work as cargo lights and the amber running lights to work as running lights. Without harnesses, those two features won't work.

JRaschke11- thanks for the reply- greatly appreciated. Really.. this has been so damn frustrating. One of the concerns I had was the "cals"? There is a bulletin in this thread about it, and there's a lot of yes and nos... should this be a consideration in a 2016? Do you know if the memory recall feature would be retained? Thanks man. I really do appreciate your advice, as well as the other guys in here.

The dealerships know zero about what can and can't be done. It has really strained my faith in Chevrolet. I mean, the dealerships might as well be selling 70,000 dollar hamburgers. Thats about as much effort as they put in knowing thier products... lesson learned- I wont make the same mistake in the future.

Thanks for all the info

Wow I just had non power ones with the harness installed. They told me they were power but were not. Anyway when I order the power folding on the web do I have to have my truck re-flashed? There used to be a provision in the set up to have the mirrors set but is gone now. Also 23241465 and 23241467 were recommended then 23241469 was also recommended I just need to order the correct ones please help me here.

Thanks for all the info

Wow I just had non power ones with the harness installed. They told me they were power but were not. Anyway when I order the power folding on the web do I have to have my truck re-flashed? There used to be a provision in the set up to have the mirrors set but is gone now. Also 23241465 and 23241467 were recommended then 23241469 was also recommended I just need to order the correct ones please help me here.

See post 1159, this is exactly what you need, not sure what 23241469, these are power folding mirrors, will work with existing controls in your truck, the harnesses allow the other lighting functions to work correctly on the power folding mirrors.

ok guys i have an early build 15 2500 hd gmc sierra slt that came with power fold tilt puddle small mirrors... i did purchase the power fold chrome and installed them in july of 15 before the camper rzy harness was available ... i replaced both door harnesses with the same numbers everyone else is using.. i then tapped into the interior led wire to get the amber running lights to operate .. i then used the pin 9 or 11 in door jamb harness and ran a wire to a separate switch under dash to operate the rear mini leds in mirror.. it was the easiest way and works great. i can now use those mini leds whenever i'd like .. they work great when someone has high beams on behind you on the freeway lol!!! also i have an account with gm dealer and i pay trade price which most will do if you bought the trucks from them.. ask parts manager ;usually not a problem... any questions i can answer ask away

JRaschke11- thanks for the reply- greatly appreciated. Really.. this has been so damn frustrating. One of the concerns I had was the "cals"? There is a bulletin in this thread about it, and there's a lot of yes and nos... should this be a consideration in a 2016? Do you know if the memory recall feature would be retained? Thanks man. I really do appreciate your advice, as well as the other guys in here.

The dealerships know zero about what can and can't be done. It has really strained my faith in Chevrolet. I mean, the dealerships might as well be selling 70,000 dollar hamburgers. Thats about as much effort as they put in knowing thier products... lesson learned- I wont make the same mistake in the future.

Thanks for all the info

I have a July 2015 Denali so I already had memory and every mirror option, and I once I put on two mirrors and two door harnesses everything worked perfectly including memory, reverse tilt, etc. Just like factory.

A 2016 you should have nothing to worry about. The 2014 you might be ok, but you need that RZY harness along with the two door harnesses if you don't already have it if you want it to just work plug and play without modding it.

I'm not sure about part numbers. They are posted a few times in this thread. I don't know if the 469 will work, but several have posted that 465 and 467 definitely work. I have read that 469 is for a diesel and has an extra temperature sensor, but some say it still works just fine.

I bought mine used off a 2016 and they have some really weird part numbers that even the dealer couldn't look up.

Super easy. Buy the mirrors online from a GM parts website and pay half price that the dealer charges, or grab some off eBay. Grab a set of door harnesses also. It will take 3-4 hours but it requires just basic mechanical skill. Youtube how to remove the door panel, use a drill to drill the pre-marked hole for the 4th mirror bolt, and replace the door harnesses by pulling out the old one and plugging in the new one. It's that easy and kind of fun.

Yes, the new harnesses allow the LEDs to work as cargo lights and the amber running lights to work as running lights. Without harnesses, those two features won't work.

replacing the harnesses won't allow led and ambers work its not that simple .. you need to have a specific l rpo code on sticker in glove box .. if you don't have that code you'll need rzy harness as well as both door harnesses

replacing the harnesses won't allow led and ambers work its not that simple .. you need to have a specific l rpo code on sticker in glove box .. if you don't have that code you'll need rzy harness as well as both door harnesses

Do you know what code it is? I thought i saw somewhere that you don't need the RZY harness as long as your truck is a 2015.5, or there after- Thanks.

Do you know what code it is? I thought i saw somewhere that you don't need the RZY harness as long as your truck is a 2015.5, or there after- Thanks.

i think avf. i thought the same but not all 2015.5 have that rpo

I have a 2015 Denali built in July 2015, and I don't have the RPO AVF. I believe it's only for HDs, and only for diesel but I am not positive because there is not a lot of info about it online. GM made the switch to the AVF code in mid-2015 and all 2016s will have it. It had to do with a new TCM.

Cap will only need two door harnesses and two mirrors with his 2016 High Country and everything will work like stock.

Archived