2014/15+ HD PowerFold OEM Tow Mirrors (The Ones We've Been Waiting

superchargedss

Call me curious but is the wiring present for power folding in your harnesses currently?

Yes it is. 2014 LT trucks built in the US have the power fold wiring. The trucks built in Mexico do not.

I got my new switch today and the mirrors now fold. With no modifications (other than the new switch) I have power adjust, power fold and heated glass. Once the weather warms up here in Michigan, I plan to work on the LEDs, turn signals and marker lights.

By the way, I wanted to confirm for anyone researching power fold mirrors for their 2014 LT, the switch listed in several of the posts on this thread is not correct for the 2014 LT (part number 23154705). I bought one and it did not fit properly and blew a fuse. I ended up ordering the 23154702 switch suggested in the DL3 thread for the 2014 LT trucks and it works perfectly.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a early build 2015 Denali 2500hd with a Duramax and old style dpn mirrors. I know the new dqs mirrors have the exhaust brake sensor in the passenger side mirror. I'm wondering is that same exhaust sensor in my dpn mirror or is it located somewhere else on my truck?

I have a early build 2015 Denali 2500hd with a Duramax and old style dpn mirrors. I know the new dqs mirrors have the exhaust brake sensor in the passenger side mirror. I'm wondering is that same exhaust sensor in my dpn mirror or is it located somewhere else on my truck?

Yeah, it's on the small ones too, if you look under the passenger mirror underneath there a little plastic pin in a small cavity.

Got a question guys- A dealer did my swap- For the record, I owe a big thanks to SuperchargedSS and JRaschke11- These guys have given a ton of guidance, and it has ALL been accurate- My situation was related to buying the truck, so the dealership payed another dealer to do the swap. I would have done it myself, if I didnt have money tied into the deal.

This is my question- EVERYTHING works- Powerfold, amber running lights, blinkers, heat, memory seat recall, backup tilting, and they ordered the right part number for the Duramax...

My 1 question is: Are the backup/ cargo lights on the mirrors supposed to come on when you unlock the truck with the keyfob/RKE? The reason I ask is because on the smaller mirrors, there was the puddle/ courtesy light that did come on- When i use the keyfob now, the running lights light up, and the signal lights flash- do these lights take over that function?

Is this the way it should be? The tech that did the install said it went off without a hitch, I just wanted to ask you guys...

The back up lights do work when I engage the cargo light switch while in neutral, reverse and park- Sorry if this has already been answered, and thanks in advance.

Got a question guys- A dealer did my swap- For the record, I owe a big thanks to SuperchargedSS and JRaschke11- These guys have given a ton of guidance, and it has ALL been accurate- My situation was related to buying the truck, so the dealership payed another dealer to do the swap. I would have done it myself, if I didnt have money tied into the deal.

This is my question- EVERYTHING works- Powerfold, amber running lights, blinkers, heat, memory seat recall, backup tilting, and they ordered the right part number for the Duramax...

My 1 question is: Are the backup/ cargo lights on the mirrors supposed to come on when you unlock the truck with the keyfob/RKE? The reason I ask is because on the smaller mirrors, there was the puddle/ courtesy light that did come on- When i use the keyfob now, the running lights light up, and the signal lights flash- do these lights take over that function?

Is this the way it should be? The tech that did the install said it went off without a hitch, I just wanted to ask you guys...

The back up lights do work when I engage the cargo light switch while in neutral, reverse and park- Sorry if this has already been answered, and thanks in advance.

No, the tow mirrors don't function as puddle lights. We just get the cargo lights.

My guess is because when you are walking up to the truck and unlock it, those rear facing cargo lights serve virtually the same function as your reverse lights, so there was no need to activate them as puddle lights. The would only illuminate directly behind you, and then off to the side as you swing your door open. Really wouldn't be useful.

Plus the first time you are getting in your truck and glance directly at the cargo LEDs... as soon as your eyes recover you will realize using them as puddle lights would be a terrible idea lol.

No, the tow mirrors don't function as puddle lights. We just get the cargo lights.

My guess is because when you are walking up to the truck and unlock it, those rear facing cargo lights serve virtually the same function as your reverse lights, so there was no need to activate them as puddle lights. The would only illuminate directly behind you, and then off to the side as you swing your door open. Really wouldn't be useful.

Plus the first time you are getting in your truck and glance directly at the cargo LEDs... as soon as your eyes recover you will realize using them as puddle lights would be a terrible idea lol.

Hahaha- I was thinking the same thing my friend, that makes perfect sense---- Swap went off with no problems- For whatever reason, they did get a code from GM Global? and re flashed the BCM- Service Manager said it ensures no problem with warranty- Came out good- I told the dealership all of the info i gathered from learning from you and SuperchargedSS- I want to extend a sincere thanks to you JRaschke11- I am just glad its OVER and done with once and for all. You know, when I was there waiting at the other dealership, the service manager told me he figured out that it could be done by reading this thread- He did a swap about 4 months ago, and they did it on a Duramax but used the gas passenger side mirror and got a CEL- No help from GM- he had the truck for a month, and had to give the customer a loaner- so he started looking it up and found the answers on this thread and forum and was able to avoid hanging for the 70,000 dollar truck mistake the salesman made- since then they have done 10 swaps now.

Yeah, it's on the small ones too, if you look under the passenger mirror underneath there a little plastic pin in a small cavity.

I just looked and I can't see anything that resembles a small pin or a cavity. I'm talking about this style of mirrorpost-92806-145704843362_thumb.jpg

post-92806-145704843362_thumb.jpg

I just looked and I can't see anything that resembles a small pin or a cavity. I'm talking about this style of mirrorattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1457048432.968824.jpg

I see- not sure about those- i thought you meant the standard mirrors- I just got the new chrome tow mirrors, and on mine, on the passenger- there is a small plastic push pin i guess, that is in a small cavity just like on the DL3 or DL8, i forget- mirrors... maybe a couple of the other guys on here are more familiar with those particular mirrors and will chime in.

I've been reading through this topic for 30 some pages and can't find an answer. So please forgive me if its posted in here somewhere. But my question is does anyone know what part numbers and wiring harnesses I need to get the power fold oem tow mirrors. I have a 2014 gmc sierra 1500 slt with mirrors that power fold, dim,turn signal,heated,power... from what I read they are DL3 mirrors. Thanks in advance

I've been reading through this topic for 30 some pages and can't find an answer. So please forgive me if its posted in here somewhere. But my question is does anyone know what part numbers and wiring harnesses I need to get the power fold oem tow mirrors. I have a 2014 gmc sierra 1500 slt with mirrors that power fold, dim,turn signal,heated,power... from what I read they are DL3 mirrors. Thanks in advance

Dan- I learned these from PrattDuramax, and SuperchargedSS, and JRaschke11- I got these mirros Left 23241465 Right Mirror 23241469 (This is the mirror for diesel) Left Door Harness 23171564 and right door 23171567- the dealer i worked with used all of these, and i have had a successful swap- hope this helps.

Dan- I learned these from PrattDuramax, and SuperchargedSS, and JRaschke11- I got these mirros Left 23241465 Right Mirror 23241469 (This is the mirror for diesel) Left Door Harness 23171564 and right door 23171567- the dealer i worked with used all of these, and i have had a successful swap- hope this helps.

Thank you CaptiveBolt. So the swap is the same for the 1500 with the DL3 small mirrors as is the diesels with the DL3 small mirrors? With the same part numbers I take it? Thanks

Thank you CaptiveBolt. So the swap is the same for the 1500 with the DL3 small mirrors as is the diesels with the DL3 small mirrors? With the same part numbers I take it? Thanks

Dan, there is a different part number for a gas truck for the passenger side mirror- since you have a 1500 check back in the threads to be sure- one other thing, dont want to confuse you. I know SuperchargedSS sells the entire setup on his website for either a diesel, or gas- maybe send him a message- Its a way better deal than the dealerships- but if you are spending the money- MAKE sure you get the right parts- That list i gave you was for a duramax- i know for certain that the part number for the passenger side mirror is different on a gas truck-

Dan, there is a different part number for a gas truck for the passenger side mirror- since you have a 1500 check back in the threads to be sure- one other thing, dont want to confuse you. I know SuperchargedSS sells the entire setup on his website for either a diesel, or gas- maybe send him a message- Its a way better deal than the dealerships- but if you are spending the money- MAKE sure you get the right parts- That list i gave you was for a duramax- i know for certain that the part number for the passenger side mirror is different on a gas truck-

Thanks again I appreciate your help I just PM him.

I purchased these mirrors (23241465 and 23241467). Has anyone done the re-pin option listed at the front of this thread? I get the moving the yellow wire to the #1 slot but how is the orange wire moved/connected to the red/blue wire in slot #13? Is the red/blue wire moved to a different slot? If so which slot? Or is the orange wire spiced into the red/blue wire so they both use slot #13? Read this works so gonna try this since its easier than replacing a whole door harness.

Archived