2014/15+ HD PowerFold OEM Tow Mirrors (The Ones We've Been Waiting

superchargedss

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a newbie to the forum. Lots of good info. I don't know if I am in the right spot for this question. I have a 2015 2500HD LT. I found this forum while researching a swap of my black non power fold tow mirrors to power fold so I can drive into my garage without manual fold. I thought I would be able to plug and play. Not so. Mirror do look great but... I did find another post that even had pics of the same problem I have. Driver side harness with a plug with no place to go. Also, the passenger window switch with a second plug opening with nothing to plug in to it. Now I can't find that post to see how he resolved his issues. I am committed to complete this swap just to spite my wife's insistence that I would fail. Any assistance will greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

UPDATE ON TRUCK INFO:

My truck is 2015 2500HD Silverado LT. Manufacture date was 5/2015. I have DPN mirrors. RPO code AVF. No A45. I have purchased the DQS mirrors. Which switches and harness do I need. Thanks.

I have the dpn mirrors on my early build 2015 Denali 2500hd. It doesn't say anything about dpn mirrors on the chart or the bulletin posted earlier in this thread. Has anyone successfully swapped to dqs tow mirrors from the dpn style tow mirrors?

I have the same issue. I installed the power fold mirrors and switched without problem. Everything works pre install but no power to power fold switch or mirror adjust. I saw a post where someone had same problem. I can't find the post or solution. Thanks

Just sharing my experience. I have a very early 2014 ('13 build) Sierra SLT w/powerfold and memory codes, etc. Every option in my stock mirrors. I installed OEM power fold tow mirrors a couple of months back, at which time everything but the marker lights and white LEDs worked, including memory. The marker lights did, however work as puddles during this time. White LEDs did nothing. I installed the recommended door harnesses in the chart JRaschke11 posted on page 75 of this thread the other day, and had the dealer install the RZY. Everything now works as if the truck came stock with the tow mirrors. The service manager said they did have to program it to get the truck to recognize the harness. Luckily, there were no snags after that. Power fold from inside (and with key fob), blinkers, memory, power adjust, heat, marker lights and white LEDs now function as they should. Good luck everyone!

Just sharing my experience. I have a very early 2014 ('13 build) Sierra SLT w/powerfold and memory codes, etc. Every option in my stock mirrors. I installed OEM power fold tow mirrors a couple of months back, at which time everything but the marker lights and white LEDs worked, including memory. The marker lights did, however work as puddles during this time. White LEDs did nothing. I installed the recommended door harnesses in the chart JRaschke11 posted on page 75 of this thread the other day, and had the dealer install the RZY. Everything now works as if the truck came stock with the tow mirrors. The service manager said they did have to program it to get the truck to recognize the harness. Luckily, there were no snags after that. Power fold from inside (and with key fob), blinkers, memory, power adjust, heat, marker lights and white LEDs now function as they should. Good luck everyone!

So these tow mirrors are heated? I thought they weren't. The only option it lacks from our fully optioned mirror is the auto dim correct?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I've not needed heat and haven't specifically tested that. Additionally, I have zero problems with lights blinding me in these at night so I assume they do have auto dim? Don't really know the answer to that either. With that said, these are so much more functional that the standard DL3s I had, even when not towing. Blind spots are gone altogether. Not to mention, they make a truck look like a truck should look, IMO.

I bought a pair, and had my dealer install them work great on my 14 Sierra all terrain. I also just ordered a set now made for the 2007-2013. Have that truck at the dealer getting installed pick up today.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quick question; do the white LEDs only work with the cargo lights or do they also work with the reverse lights?

Quick question; do the white LEDs only work with the cargo lights or do they also work with the reverse lights?

Cargos only. I'll be doing the mod to make them work with reverse lights though.

Archived