2014/15+ HD PowerFold OEM Tow Mirrors (The Ones We've Been Waiting

superchargedss

Hi, I just purchased a 2016 Silverado 2500HD LT. It came with the tow mirrors. I want to get the power fold since i keep it in the garage and that would help alot if they folded. I was reading through all the threads and not sure what I would need exactly with my model/year truck. From what I can tell I need the mirrors (232441465 and 23241467) and a new switch(23488411). Would this be all? i see some need new harnesses and/or pasanger switch too, but since i already have tow mirrors im not certain if i do or not.

Also will the auto fold with the remote work or will it need to be reprogrammed at the dealer and is this something they would even do. Forgive me if this is been answer but i could not find it, 82 pages is alot of info!

Thanks again guys!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok guys. Need some help please. I have a 2014 ( early build) Chevy High Country. Swapped mirrors to the new tow mirrors. Also both door harnesses. I still can't get the power fold, white led's, or the clearance lamps to work. You can here a clicking when pushing the power fold button on the switch but nothing happens. GM dealership parts guy sold me all this using the VIN. Does it just need computer reprogrammed to accept new harnesses or something else. No GM dealers here, NW Texas, have anybody, tech or service manager, that can answer these questions. H E L P

I have the rzy harness. No instructions on installation or as I said, no knowledgable dealerships, on this topic, around. Will talk to a smaller, country dealer next week to see if they have any ideas. From posts on this forum, didn't think I'd need rzy harness. Also dealer I got parts from didn't mention this either when using my VIN?????

I am a newbie to the forum. Lots of good info. I don't know if I am in the right spot for this question. I have a 2015 2500HD LT. I found this forum while researching a swap of my black non power fold tow mirrors to power fold so I can drive into my garage without manual fold. I thought I would be able to plug and play. Not so. Mirror do look great but... I did find another post that even had pics of the same problem I have. Driver side harness with a plug with no place to go. Also, the passenger window switch with a second plug opening with nothing to plug in to it. Now I can't find that post to see how he resolved his issues. I am committed to complete this swap just to spite my wife's insistence that I would fail. Any assistance will greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

My truck is 2015 2500HD Silverado LT. Manufacture date was 5/2015. I have DPN mirrors. RPO code AVF. No A45. I have purchased the DQS mirrors and installed. Have installed the controls switch and pass side switch. My truck already had the 1566 and 1572 harnesses factory installed. I am looking for any suggestions. Thanks again for all you do at this forum.

Hi, I just purchased a 2016 Silverado 2500HD LT. It came with the tow mirrors. I want to get the power fold since i keep it in the garage and that would help alot if they folded. I was reading through all the threads and not sure what I would need exactly with my model/year truck. From what I can tell I need the mirrors (232441465 and 23241467) and a new switch(23488411). Would this be all? i see some need new harnesses and/or pasanger switch too, but since i already have tow mirrors im not certain if i do or not.

Also will the auto fold with the remote work or will it need to be reprogrammed at the dealer and is this something they would even do. Forgive me if this is been answer but i could not find it, 82 pages is alot of info!

Thanks again guys!

I'm in the same boat... Currently have the non power-fold trailer mirrors and currently need to know if I need any other part to have my dealership install since they are covering the cost of labor and parts. They seem lost and want to give up but I keep pressuring them that it can be done.

I currently have 2016 Silverado 2500 HD LT midnight edition

What is the difference between these left hand power fold mirrors

23241465 and 23351794

I was told they were the same but I couldn't find any info on the 23351794

Appreciate any information

What is the difference between these left hand power fold mirrors

23241465 and 23351794

I was told they were the same but I couldn't find any info on the 23351794

Appreciate any information

one of them has an ambient temperature sensor... if you have a diesel and get the wrong one, it will result in a check engine light. I forgot which one it is, but the distinction is in this thread.

hadn't seen this anywhere either... my truck is a 2015 Silverado 1500 LT (factory DL8)

1. does the RZY harness come with instructions as to pin out locations since it appears it is a harness to fill en empty spots on my current body harness (I still have to check, but I think my 2015 is the older version) otherwise without a wiring diagram i'll never know where they go

2. I thought I saw something somewhere about the key fob having powerfold button? would I be able to get one with that or just have to do the button in the truck

3. not sure I actually saw the part numbers for passenger window switch and drivers side mirror switch... also is it just the switches or are the panels different too?

based on everything I have seen thus far it looks like mirrros23241467/23241465, harnesses 23171567/23171564, rzy harness 23387133 (???), switch(es) ????

then calibration of the bcm, is there a code or I just need a service tech that knows what they are doing?

also - any group buys or where is best place for parts (gmpartsdirect?)

Possibly a flash of BCM?

Took to dealer today. They asked for the RZY harness, but then told me that it was just for lights, the clearance yellow light and the twin white LEDs. Told me my mirrors( which they ordered by vin) didn't have motors in them for the power fold. If anyone DOES have the power fold mirrors, what are the part #s??

Need part #s for the mirrors with power fold. I ordered mine thru dealer, by the VIN, and was told today they didn't have motors in them for power fold. True or not??? What my dealer sold me was a kit, #23372181.

Door harnesses #s 23171564 & 23171567

Are these the chrome ones or the black ones. Like I said, my dealer sold me a kit, part #23372181. So I can't say what the individual #s are. They are the chrome mirrors.

Archived