2014/15+ HD PowerFold OEM Tow Mirrors (The Ones We've Been Waiting

superchargedss

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been a month or so, but I have a 2014 High Country that I did the swap on. I changed both mirrors and door harnesses. Everything works except the yellow light on the outside of the mirror and the white backup lights. Memory, power fold, power adjust all work. Don't remember the part #s I used, but it's on my last post if you can find it.

Here is the post I had posted with the #s. Hope this helps you out. I would suggest changing the mirrors first and see if everything works before changing the door harnesses. Something I've wondered about.????

Okay!! I started saying I had an early build 2014 High Country pickup. Ordered mirrors by the VIN, wrong thing to do. So I got mirrors #s 23241465/23241467 thanks to G Mcpherson's recent reply. Thanks!! Mirrors work great, power adjust, power fold in & out, turn signal, memory ALL work. No cargo lights, the 2 led lights, not sure of the puddle yellow lights working. Been told they were after dark only. I did change door harnesses, but after I got the right mirrors I'm not sure I needed them. As of now I'm completely satisfied. I just wish GM and their parts people would have more information on this swap. I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have with this same ordeal.

I just ordered the harnesses from GMpartsdirect (parts 23171564 and 23171567) and they said

"Per the General Motors dealer information website, part number 23171567 has been superseded to part number 23342716."

Seems strange that they only changed the one side harness #. it is about $13 less too which is a good thing...has anyone also seen this? I want to make sure I get the right harnesses!

It has been a month or so, but I have a 2014 High Country that I did the swap on. I changed both mirrors and door harnesses. Everything works except the yellow light on the outside of the mirror and the white backup lights. Memory, power fold, power adjust all work. Don't remember the part #s I used, but it's on my last post if you can find it.

There is a lot to read in this thread but can the backup and marker lights be activated through programing by the dealer?

No. Doesn't work. Somewhere in this thread it talks about swapping 1 wire on the mirror side of the plug that'll work the amber light, but for the white light to be used as backup you'll have to run a new wire straight from fuse box. I haven't done either one as yet.

I just ordered the harnesses from GMpartsdirect (parts 23171564 and 23171567) and they said

"Per the General Motors dealer information website, part number 23171567 has been superseded to part number 23342716."

Seems strange that they only changed the one side harness #. it is about $13 less too which is a good thing...has anyone also seen this? I want to make sure I get the right harnesses!

I just got my powerfold mirrors and harnesses yesterday and they sent me 23342716... Installed everything in about 2.25 hours and everything works perfectly.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing that! Wow, GM actually updated the part AND dropped the price! how often does that happen.... :fingersx:

Hey guys. I found a set of mirrors for a pretty good price. However, I cannot cross the part numbers with anything. I even called my dealership and they gave me 2 different part numbers.

If you can take a look at these part numbers and let me know something I would appreciate it.

23351790K & 2331800K

I can find the 800K on gmparts but it just says specialty order item.

For reference I have a 15' Highcountry.

thanks to everyone in this thread for your info - thx to some youtube vidz and the tips in this forum, got the tow mirrors installed with the correct harnesses - everything works perfect!

20160711_165321.jpg

20160711_165332.jpg

Archived