What's New: 2015 Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra

Zane

not the 4.8, it was stuck with the 4L60E until the very bitter end when it along with the 4L60E was dropped for the EcoTec3 Engines.

Never understood why the 4L60E was retained on the 4.8 at all. GM could have cut their operating costs by not having to maintain two different engine control systems and all the ancillary parts that went along with them had they just dropped the v8 version of 4L60E from truck line.

Still don't understand why the MyLink system can't be upgraded to the newest firmware. Crazy!! It's just software. I doubt there's a lot of hardware changes other than the 4g cellular from A&T.

If there is any hardware differences (which includes the type of input/output data streams), then a full test sequence would be required (which takes resources from other projects). Plus a risk if they miss something and break a feature, then stuck with another recall which is not cheap. Frankly, I wouldn't expect any software updates unless a recall class issue and then only a minor fix to that area of code. (And never know when there are board/cpu/circuit changes to parts which impacts the software but transparent to the consumer.)

If there is any hardware differences (which includes the type of input/output data streams), then a full test sequence would be required (which takes resources from other projects). Plus a risk if they miss something and break a feature, then stuck with another recall which is not cheap. Frankly, I wouldn't expect any software updates unless a recall class issue and then only a minor fix to that area of code. (And never know when there are board/cpu/circuit changes to parts which impacts the software but transparent to the consumer.)

From what I have read, 4g will support 3g, but 3g cannot support 4g. There are hardware differences between the two. This normal for just about any technology these days, almost always backwards compatible, but rarely forward compatible. Some of the confusion out there in regards to 4g is due to the backward compatible actions of 4g devices. They run on the same systems that 3g devices run on, making some people think that 3g is running on 4g, when in fact it is 4g running on 3g.

I'm not seeing "Rust Resistant Undercarriage " on that list.... :nonod:

:lol: That's how they keep their shareholders happy ... forced-repeat customers! :chevy:

I'm assuming that the whole IntelliLink text message thing will be a update for the software...

Doubt it. The txt messaging they are using is specific to 4g from what I can deduce from the release. 3g(2014 and earlier model year) does not support 4g features. Sort of like how smartphone support for OnStar is not in pre 2011, and will not be available.

Doubt it. The txt messaging they are using is specific to 4g from what I can deduce from the release. 3g(2014 and earlier model year) does not support 4g features. Sort of like how smartphone support for OnStar is not in pre 2011, and will not be available.

Well that's dumb.

Just took a quick look at the 2015 GMC build your own truck. They show a Borla cat-back exhaust for $1249, plus you also have to take the mandatory $189 Borla exhaust tips. This type of marketing has always pissed me off. Why split into two parts and then tell me I cannot just get the cat back without the tips, but, I can get the tips without the cat back. Wonder if the listed Borla Tip is $189/pr or $189 each?

The only other automobile marketing that pisses me off more is the old "free air conditioning or equivalent credit" scam. In order to be not misleading or false, the equivalent credit must be $0, the current price of "free". They never seem to be running that deal when I am looking at a new vehicle. In order to satisfy the "free a/c" they would also need give me the equivalent credit as well. You can't pay less for something by not taking a "free" add on.

Something else new I noticed is that 3.23 is the non NHT ratio for the 8spd and 3.42 is the ratio for NHT.

GM just keeps giving me reasons to not buy another truck from them making me glad I bought my truck when I did. My 6.2 doesn't have AFM and I am VERY glad it doesn't. Now the NHT is going to have 3.42 gear ratio instead of 3.73... Max should mean MAX.

GM just keeps giving me reasons to not buy another truck from them making me glad I bought my truck when I did. My 6.2 doesn't have AFM and I am VERY glad it doesn't. Now the NHT is going to have 3.42 gear ratio instead of 3.73... Max should mean MAX.

The 6.2 comes with the 8 speed transmission doesn't it? Perhaps with the 2 extra ratios the 3.73 gears are just not needed. I have not found the ratios in the 8 speed online yet to see where those two gears were placed in the order of ratios.

Doesn't the Max Trailering Package provide the customer with the maximum supported trailering capacity? Pretty sure that means that "Max does mean MAX".

Never could understand why people get so upset about changes. Imagine where we would be if there were never any changes.

People also need to be aware that the only posts you will read in regards to experiences with any product are far more likely to be against the product than for it. No one complains the product worked as it should, or even better than it should have. They only complain. I personally know 5 people that have GM trucks with AFM. None have had any issues. I put more credence in their experience than I do in some anonymous online complaining. Not saying you should ignore online reports, but am suggesting that they be taken with a grain of salt.

The 6.2 comes with the 8 speed transmission doesn't it? Perhaps with the 2 extra ratios the 3.73 gears are just not needed. I have not found the ratios in the 8 speed online yet to see where those two gears were placed in the order of ratios.

Doesn't the Max Trailering Package provide the customer with the maximum supported trailering capacity? Pretty sure that means that "Max does mean MAX".

Never could understand why people get so upset about changes. Imagine where we would be if there were never any changes.

People also need to be aware that the only posts you will read in regards to experiences with any product are far more likely to be against the product than for it. No one complains the product worked as it should, or even better than it should have. They only complain. I personally know 5 people that have GM trucks with AFM. None have had any issues. I put more credence in their experience than I do in some anonymous online complaining. Not saying you should ignore online reports, but am suggesting that they be taken with a grain of salt.

Well HELL! I had a fairly long reply typed out but I wasn't signed in... I agree with some of what you said. You usually only hear from the ones that have had a problem. I am one that has. One out of four trucks had AFM and that is the only one that had engine problems. I'll not be buying another! I've owned a '95, '99, '08, and '12. Still have all but the '95. The AFM JUNK on the '08 has been disabled.

I don't agree with not offering the 3.73 ratio no matter the transmission.