GMC's new sport truck: Sierra Elevation Edition

Zane

Sierra_elevation2.jpeg

By Zane Merva
Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
9/19/2014

GMC has a new entry to the sport pickup market. In 2015, Sierra buyers will be able to choose the sleek Elevation Edition. The brand calls it "a new entry to the sport pickup truck market."

Sierra_elevation1.jpegSierra_elevation3.jpeg

Based on the Sierra double-cab, the Elevation Edition features a body-colored grille surround along with color-keyed door handles, mirrors, and body moldings. The special edition also features the upscale Sierra headlights with LED daytime running lights.

The Elevation Edition also will come with unique black painted 20-inch aluminum wheels.

With no unique engine choices and only GM's 4.3L and 5.3L engines available, it remains to be seen how much "sport" is really in this new Sierra. At least it looks amazing.

Sierra_elevation5.jpegSierra_elevation4.jpeg

“Much in the same way the Sierra Denali and Sierra HD Denali models raised the standard for premium pickup trucks, the Sierra Elevation Edition will surprise and excite customers shopping for a sport pickup,” said Duncan Aldred, U.S. vice president, Buick and GMC. “With its striking looks, sophisticated connectivity features and legendary capability, the Elevation Edition raises the standard of what a sport pickup truck can be.”

Sierra_elevation1.jpeg

Sierra_elevation2.jpeg

Sierra_elevation3.jpeg

Sierra_elevation4.jpeg

Sierra_elevation5.jpeg

Sierra_elevation1.jpeg

Sierra_elevation2.jpeg

Sierra_elevation3.jpeg

Sierra_elevation4.jpeg

Sierra_elevation5.jpeg

Sierra_elevation1.jpeg

Sierra_elevation2.jpeg

Sierra_elevation3.jpeg

Sierra_elevation4.jpeg

Sierra_elevation5.jpeg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how these press releases are always written like GM is reinventing the world of pickup trucks with a simple colour match that any of us could do with a can of spray paint. How does matching paint make this truck more sporty than the 6.2L with the tow package?

And lines like below always get me! So the sporty package gives you special options like keyless entry, a power outlet, LED lighting, etc, etc....or options that you could just get on the regular truck anyhow. If they are going to create a unique package, make it unique and stop making it look like they are halfassing every 'special edition'. As much as I like GM vehicles, special editions like this are just embarrassing.

"Content-wise, all 2015 GMC Sierra Elevation Edition models will come with remote keyless entry, power mirrors, a 110-volt AC power outlet, and LED cargo box lighting. The 2015 Sierra Elevation will also come with OnStar 4G LTE, and a 4.2-inch Intellilink color touchscreen infotainment system and Bluetooth phone connectivity as standard equipment."

They so need to fire the man in charge of GM's pickup truck division, they do nothing the right way anymore imo!

#1- It should come lowered and possible with an option for gm's mag shock system like they have included on the denali!

#2- The 6.2 should be available in all configurations if the customer so chooses it!

#3- A Factory installed supercharger should also be an option on the 6.2 engine, to actually make the sport name legit!

#4- Why even bother because gm has continuously proved that they do not, nor will they ever actually listen to the people who buy their product!

Should be different stages of the sport package and I would apply this to the rally package for the rado

stage 1: All the appearance goodies, 4.3 or 5.3

stage 2: Appearance, intake, exhaust, 5.3, sport suspension

stage 3: appearance, intake, exhaust, 6.2, sport suspension

Color match and different wheels, elevation edition, really. Is this a joke, oh ok, we are all being punked, right.

I'm really having a hard time telling if they are or not. The more GM pulls stuff like this, the more I'm thinking that my next pickup will be a Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 with the Hemi and the 8 Speed. At least I can order the exact truck that I'd want, with the exact options, exterior package and powertrain that interest me.

It's like this.

Hey man what are you doing? I got to get this sport truck design finished before I go home. Ah, come on man, it's Friday night at Beer-dark-thirty, let's get out of here. Just hold on, I got to get this done and forwarded to management before I go home, my ass is on the line here.
Damn, what does everyone who owns a truck want? Oh wait, I know, I'll do some blacked out wheels, a color matched grille, and....... Oh I know I'll get the front close to level.
Hey, what if you call it a cool name like say, the Elevation Edition! Oh Man, great idea, let me send this on its way and we can hit Archie's sports bar down the street. Thanks man, great Idea with the name, Elevation Edition who would have thought of that...

I need a cartoon drawing to go along with this!!

So was the Silverado SS that much of a fail that gm forbids to do an actual sport truck? Seemed to be popular in my opinion

The SS wasn't that special. The just pug the most powerful truck small block on the shelf they had in it, color matched, 20's, Denali AWD system, and 1 inch lower. Other than the wheels and grille inserts, everything else was shelf parts GM already had

And this is why I went to Ram. GM wake up.

I was real close on the Ram, that dial shifter....

It's actually not bad, takes some getting use to but it works well. Big trucks use it. The amount of storage space you gain!

It pains me that as a 40 year GM only owner I have jumped ship on their cars and SUVs. Then just yesterday as I was leaving the GMC dealer after getting my truck serviced and looking around the lot at all the offerings I had no interest in trading. On the way home I got behind a car carrier with Ford Raptors heading to the dealer and I was thinking maybe I should check that out. GM needs to get rid of design by committee and get some enthusiasts involved.

Archived