GMC's new sport truck: Sierra Elevation Edition

Zane

The SS wasn't that special. The just pug the most powerful truck small block on the shelf they had in it, color matched, 20's, Denali AWD system, and 1 inch lower. Other than the wheels and grille inserts, everything else was shelf parts GM already had

Ya it wasn't that special/unique but it at least wasn't just painting a few things and slapping gm accessory wheels and calling it a special model

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok.

1. Elevation Edition is obviously a perfect name for an off road model. Why would they name it that?

2. Sport truck equals: upgraded shocks, big motor (6.2 should be the ONLY option), bigger brakes, rear sway bar, stickier tires. This has none of that. Sport my ass.

I'm starting to wonder if anyone at GM knows how to sell special packages. Z71 is really the only one people actually recognize, and anymore it's just as meaningless as the others.

I'm really having a hard time telling if they are or not. The more GM pulls stuff like this, the more I'm thinking that my next pickup will be a Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 with the Hemi and the 8 Speed. At least I can order the exact truck that I'd want, with the exact options, exterior package and powertrain that interest me.

Your comment is spot on with my thoughts 1 year ago. I was in the market for a new truck and really wanted to like the new GM trucks but in the end I bought a Ram Sport 4x4 with the 8 speed. I was a loyal GM owner for 30 years so the decision did not come easy.

Your comment is spot on with my thoughts 1 year ago. I was in the market for a new truck and really wanted to like the new GM trucks but in the end I bought a Ram Sport 4x4 with the 8 speed. I was a loyal GM owner for 30 years so the decision did not come easy.

I feel like I have an abusive relationship with GM. Everyone once in awhile, they do something wonderful (6.2L, Corvette, Z06, ZL1,CTS-V), and the other 95% of their time, it's like they are antagonizing me as an owner. My last 4 trucks were GM's and I feel like they keep seeing how far they push me before I throw up my hands and switch auto manufacturers.

GMC's new sport truck: Sierra Elevation Edition ? Really ? That's obviously an appearance package being passed off as a sport package.

I thought only the salesmen spoke to you like you were an idiot.

“Much in the same way the Sierra Denali and Sierra HD Denali models raised the standard for premium pickup trucks, the Sierra Elevation Edition will surprise and excite customers shopping for a sport pickup,” said Duncan Aldred, U.S. vice president, Buick and GMC. “With its striking looks, sophisticated connectivity features and legendary capability, the Elevation Edition raises the standard of what a sport pickup truck can be.”

Yipee !

GMC's new sport truck: Sierra Elevation Edition ? Really ? That's obviously an appearance package being passed off as a sport package.

I thought only the salesmen spoke to you like you were an idiot.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if they brought out another SS package and limited it to the 4.3L, crew cab, 4x4 and 3.08 gears. But luckily the package includes 22"s, foglamps, nav, keyless entry and LED bed lighting!

If you look at RAM sales numbers they are up every month. These are "conquest" sales and are coming at the expense of another manufacturer(s). I suspect most of them are GM. The redesign and these lukewarm "tweaks" just are not enough!

What a lame pos! But as long as they're selling these along with the "rally" edition they'll continue to make these things.

What a lame pos! But as long as they're selling these along with the "rally" edition they'll continue to make these things.

Nothing new here. Manufacturers have been adding body color or blackout bits to decidedly non-sporty things and calling them Sport models. Ford and Dodge did this on pickups in the past, I guess GM wanted a piece of the pie.

Archived