Zane

Close, the Envoy was replaced by the Acadia, the Trailblazer was replaced by the Traverse and the Rainer by the Enclave. The Equinox is about the same size as the old Blazers.

I think the Traverse, Enclave and Acadia actually replaced the Minivans (and the Rendezvous) moreso than the Trailblazer, Envoy and Rainier, dimnensially they are more similar to the minivan, and features they are more similar to the minivan... In a lot of ways the Traverse, Enclave and Acadia are more in the middle between the framed SUV, but more closely to the Minivan in size and function.

There is a huge difference pulling a small 4000lb trailer with a Rainier V8 verses a Enclave. Also a Raineir would run circles around the Enclave in the snow... You literally have to try to get the Rainier stuck... Even with AWD, the Enclave is too low to the ground to really be a great snow vehicle...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the look of the GMC. If I were in the market and had use for a small truck, the Canyon would be my choice hands down. The Chevy on the other hand, not a fan of the way it looks. They dropped the ball for sure and should have done what they did to the look of the GMC. Would look much better as a small Silverado. Sad to see there is no V8 option available. That little truck would haul ass with a V8 under the hood.

• 3 weeks later...

I was at the same press ride/drive and have similar thoughts on the new Colorado/Canyon. I don't really care for the Chevy Colorado front styling (came from Camaro). So GMC Canyon would be my choice if I needed a garageable pickup : http://www.hardworkingtrucks.com/first-drive-2015-chevy-coloradogmc-canyon/

Am I the only one who likes the Colorado over the canyon? lol

Although I think I might even prefer the international version over this.

Yes. And judging by the second sentence, I think you need to visit an optometrist. :lol:

What I like and what I do not like

1) I prefer the GMC, hands down

2) The headlights on the Chevy are too narrow, they should be taller, and flow better with the grille. The GMC works because the headlights split the grille, the Chevy looks like an afterthought.

3) My least favorite part (or my most disliked design aspect) are the rear door windows. The little swoop upwards looks like they were going for a unique stylig cue but missed the mark.

John

Great review! :thumbs:

I'm not holding my breath. I have a feeling the pricing will not be much different than the full size which will mean why go small if only a few more $$$ for a little more room. Just my .02 cents.

And don't stop at the 1500, go for a 2500HD as only a little more. The point is buying what you want, not the biggest truck for the dollar.

What MPG do these get? If they get similar to full size and all else is similar. It would mean these are just easier to park really. Also a 4.8 V8 could be a good option. Should make great torque remade as direct injection.

According to the Chevrolet website 27mpg Highway...

Of course that is at 55mph on flat ground...

John

I LOVE this little truck. When this thing becomes available with a duramax my wife is going to learn to look for a green nozzle when she fills up! My wife hates driving a full size, and if I want to take her ride to the lake I don't want to drive a 4cyl. She will own a 2016, and I will love to buy it for her. A midsize with a dmax is going to be fun to drive!

According to the Chevrolet website 27mpg Highway...

Of course that is at 55mph on flat ground...

John

My full size CC Std bed 4x4 6.2L gets what the estimate says, 20 @ 70 mph.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard any mileage numbers for the 2.8 Diesel yet? I have a full size 04 GMC and I'm looking to finally update in the next few years and really need better mileage than what I am used to. I need my truck once or twice to actually haul something like a bike, or snowblower every couple weeks but would love more car like mileage numbers.

Also, as someone else mentioned back on the first page, the price of the original Colorado was so close to a full size, there was almost no point inn buying one.

• 3 weeks later...

I WANT to like them, and kinda do, but the exterior styling on both seems off. I like how the Canyon looks like the sibling to the Sierra, but I also think it looks too bland. Needs more straight lines and edges. The Colorado is more interesting, and on it's own looks better, but it doesn't look like a GM truck. Again, too soft and round.

Archived