Anyone with a 2015 6.2l with the 8 speed auto?

It appears to get the 6.2 with eight speed transmission the cost is $2,495 or about $500 higher than the 6.2 with six speed on the 2014. So it appears the upgrade transmission is about $500.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine was produced on 10/09/2014 and shows shipped on the Order Tracking site.....however, I believe it is going through a QC check before it actually ships.....of course, it could be done and on the way by now. Just waiting for the dealer to call me at this point to say it is there.

They are also in the 2015 Corvettes, I think they are going to be fine.....the 6 speed was a massive departure from the crappy (but well tested) 4 speed. The 8 speed is not the same kind of change.

I read on another forum of a 2015 Corvette owner complaining of shifting issues with his 8sp trans, rough shifts and slipping sensation.

Considering all the complaints from owners who had a 6 sp for the first time, I predict many owners will be complaining.

I ordered mine last week how long dose it take before it shows up on the order tracking web site

you gave the dealer your configuration. it will not be an order until they have an allocation to fill your order. depending on the dealer it could be the same day and it could be two months......you need to ask them if they even have an allocation.

luckily, I placed my order with my dealer in early september and i got my vin on october 9th because my dealer had an allocation already. however, my truck is just sitting in mexico waiting for a train i suppose.

They gave me a sheet with all the specs on it ( rpo codes ) and said it was ordered and had a order number on it dose that mean he had allocation for it and it's going to be built ????

I read the C&D review. They were very happy with the combo.

Do you have a link to this review? I checked C&D and can't find any review of the 2015 silverado or sierra with a 6.2L/8 speed.

They gave me a sheet with all the specs on it ( rpo codes ) and said it was ordered and had a order number on it dose that mean he had allocation for it and it's going to be built ????

You need to ask the dealership if GM has accepted the order yet. Once it gets accepted you at least know your on the production waiting list. Then your just waiting on a build date.

You need to ask the dealership if GM has accepted the order yet. Once it gets accepted you at least know your on the production waiting list. Then your just waiting on a build date.

ok thanks

Is in the six speed is .67:1 of in the eight speed is .65:1

First:

Second:

Third:

Fourth:

Fifth:

Sixth:

Seventh:

N/A

Eighth

N/A