Anyone with a 2015 6.2l with the 8 speed auto?

If GM follows normal TCM programming the new 8sp will get into final drive just as quick as the current 6sp ones does. Helps with fuel mileage that way.

I just hope the delay is reduced and it doesn't take forever to go from 8th to say 3rd for say a passing situation.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to ask the dealership if GM has accepted the order yet. Once it gets accepted you at least know your on the production waiting list. Then your just waiting on a build date.

That's where I'm at. GM accepted the order, just waiting on an allocation at my dealership.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

That's where I'm at. GM accepted the order, just waiting on an allocation at my dealership.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

if gm accepted the order then they have an allocation. now you are waiting on a Target Production Week.

It will be interesting to see how dealers will discount the remaining 15 models w 6spd. I'm certain 25% won't even know difference but really this is tough. 2 fifteen models , same everything but transmission.

It will be interesting to see how dealers will discount the remaining 15 models w 6spd. I'm certain 25% won't even know difference but really this is tough. 2 fifteen models , same everything but transmission.

I don't think they made any pickups with the 6.2l and 6speed for the 2015s. All the 2015s with 6 speed had the 5.3l.

I don't think they made any pickups with the 6.2l and 6speed for the 2015s. All the 2015s with 6 speed had the 5.3l.

I was under the impression the 8 speeds were a late quarter thing ? I had no idea.

I was under the impression the 8 speeds were a late quarter thing ? I had no idea.

Yes,they are coming last quarter, but they also delayed the 6.2l in the 2015 pickups until the 8 speed was available. Oddly enough though, they made 2015 6.2l SUVs with the 6 speed and they will convert to 8 speeds in the same model year.

Well let's all know when u get and how everything works out with the new combo

My 8 sped 6.2 L Sierra Denali will be here next week at the dealer lot

Got the VIN so its been built and is 5 hours from the dealer as we speak

Not really sure, but if a dealer tried to hose me on trade for having no '14 truck w/ the 6 speed I'd promptly tell them to go F themselves & go to the nearest ford/dodge dealer

Archived