Anyone with a 2015 6.2l with the 8 speed auto?

Greed?

It's the lesson taught in called business 101.

Find the price where #units sold vs price per unit is maximized.

Every business does the same thing.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greed?

It's the lesson taught in called business 101.

Find the price where #units sold vs price per unit is maximized.

Every business does the same thing.

Lol. That's one way to look at it. As an accountant though, you are oversimplifying it a bit. But there is a difference between greed and an honest price. If you don't know the difference, you are part of the problem.

Edit: A little more on topic, just took the truck out today. Mechanically seems fine but the electronic sounding whine is back. Seems about as loud as when I first had it. Still sounds like it's coming from the engine bay. No idea on the cause. Oh well, could be worse.

Edit: A little more on topic, just took the truck out today. Mechanically seems fine but the electronic sounding whine is back. Seems about as loud as when I first had it. Still sounds like it's coming from the engine bay. No idea on the cause. Oh well, could be worse.

Yeah, the whine could be coming from your transmission like my replacement tranny does that the first didn't. :D

Yeah, the whine could be coming from your transmission like my replacement tranny does that the first didn't. :D

Well, good to know I am not going crazy. Thanks for the info.

Sorry to hear that, and this is off topic but Ford? Ram? Toyota? New crazy looking Nissan?

I personally was considering a Tundra before I went with my Sierra. Like the way they look, didn't like that they didn't update the drivetrain from previous generation.

Leaning towards a Ram or Tundra at this point. Might try and test drive some on my south Florida vacation this week. I traded in a 05 Yukon Denali with 100000 miles and 0 problems. Biggest mistake. The problems with this 2015 just keep adding up and I am losing too much sleep over worrying when GM may have a solution for these problems or what new problems will show up.

I really really want to pull for GM.....but with these unsovable issues, my 28 years of loyalty to the brand is nearing its end. I will continue to pull for GM and hope they can fix these problems.

Well I was told by the service manger that there are only 8 cases about the 8 speed transmission in the country so I guess we are all on here ?

Well I was told by the service manger that there are only 8 cases about the 8 speed transmission in the country so I guess we are all on here ?

Haha, I guess eight was the first number that came to mind.

Maybe 8 at his shop.

I know of 2 SUV's with 6.2 8 speeds that had to be replaced.

Anyone have an ear to the corvette community?

Toledo is making 500 8L90's a day. They gotta be going somewhere.

Before I cut ties with my selling GMC dealership, they had only sold mine and an almost twin at roughly the same time. They had sold several 6.2+8 speeds in the Yukons though. Before I took the truck away from them, they were trying to find a truck on a lot with the same driveline to see if it had the same issues, and they had zero luck doing that. They are definitely rare right now.

My new repairing dealership is also a Chevy dealership, and is much larger. They had sold a handful of trucks in that combo with mine being the first they've had to replace (lucky me). They do sell a good number of Corvettes, which they mentioned they have had to replace the unit in some of those. There was a bulletin towards the end of last year that required replacement on some Corvettes right off the truck due to shift issues.

My truck is back at the dealer.......again.......(5 times in 2 months)......this time they are having to replace the entire radio/head-unit as the original just stopped working after only 1400 miles. This happened during a 1200 mile road trip from Baltimore to Fort Lauderdale, so I was stuck listening to a iPod speaker for about 16 hrs.................. They gave me a 2015 Tahoe to drive. The 5.3L/6-speed combo feels worlds better than this 8-speed does. Always knows what gear to be in.....no clunking, bumping, or banging that my dealer says is "normal" in my 8-speed. I asked the servicing dealer here in South Florida (they service Chevy, GMC, Cadillac, Buick) if they have ever run into any issues with the 8-speeds. The service adviser explained that they just swapped at a 8-speed last week on a Silverado and they have had a few complaints from Escalade owners about the harsh shifting. Sounds like the issue is pretty wide spread to me.

We'll see how the trip home goes......if it is anything like the trip down, I will have a different vehicle sitting in my driveway next weekend. Patients is running thin guys.

I really really want to pull for GM.....but with these unsovable issues, my 28 years of loyalty to the brand is nearing its end. I will continue to pull for GM and hope they can fix these problems.

My vote is definitely for the Tundra, but if you really want to stay GM you could go with a 2500 lol. Maybe a bit overkill considering your first choice was a 1500.

My vote is definitely for the Tundra, but if you really want to stay GM you could go with a 2500 lol. Maybe a bit overkill considering your first choice was a 1500.

Lol....yeah the 2500 would be overkill for sure. Going to test drive the Tundra and the Ram over the next week. I will also consider a lightly used 2012 or 2013 Sierra Denali, but they may be hard to come by. I really dont want to leave GM, but dammit these ongoing problems are just unacceptable. Prior to getting into both my 2014/2015 Sierras, I had only been to a dealer twice over the last 12 years for warranty work or general repairs. With this new generation of truck.......10 times over 8 months. Aint nobody got time for that

Archived