Anyone with a 2015 6.2l with the 8 speed auto?

I've read that the 5.3s suffer from a 'laggy' throttle, i.e. you push it down and it doesn't respond or feel right. Do the 6.2s suffer from the same problem?

Mine doesn't have that problem.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received my 2015 Silverado LTZ Z71 with 6.2 8 speed yesterday. I have put over 200 miles on it so far with no issues. The transmission shifts fine and the 6.2 is great. I ordered this truck and was worried like a lot of you guys. I took it for a fairly long test drive before I signed the papers and am crossing my fingers. I traded in a 14 SLT All Terrain 5.3 that I liked and hope that this truck works out well too. Nothing but good things to say about these new trucks.

Theres definately a "noticable" lag in my throttle, theres a learning curve. But the truck is responsive. To be honest, with the power my 6.2 has, im glad theres a little softness to the throttle, otherwise, might make for quite a jerky ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Put a sprint booster in your truck. That will speed up the fly by wire control for your foot feed, have one in my 10' 6.2. Love it. When you touch pedal it responds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently they've changed some things at the production plant mid-March on the 8L90 and clutchpack to try and fix these issues. Will see what happens when these vehicles hit customers and if they issues have been improved or not.

Apparently they've changed some things at the production plant mid-March on the 8L90 and clutchpack to try and fix these issues. Will see what happens when these vehicles hit customers and if they issues have been improved or not.

Someone wrote the same thing for a supposed change in December. I have lost faith in GM fixing it, so I ordered my truck with the 5.3l.

With the Diablosport Intune you can change throttle response also. I increased mine 10% and it makes a huge difference

I called my service advisor and asked him to get me a price on a new transmission. How embarrassed they should be to have a customer pay out of pocket for a new transmission on a 2015 truck!

I called my service advisor and asked him to get me a price on a new transmission. How embarrassed they should be to have a customer pay out of pocket for a new transmission on a 2015 truck!

is this post for real? Why would anyone pay for a transmission on a brand new truck when it is still under warranty? Not sure what state you are in, but there are lemon laws for a reason. If your transmission is as bad and you say it is, leave it with them till it is fixed or lemon lawed.

Makes no sense to even ask for a price, esp when people here who have problems are saying all the trucks are having them.

The dealerships are saying it's normal. That or that they can't duplicate the issue.

I tried to search your previous posts to see what the problems you are having, but if it is clunking and all the other stuff people are saying you can't drive with a mechanic to show him what it is doing?

If you do order a new transmission there is no saying that it will be fixed

Archived