Anyone with a 2015 6.2l with the 8 speed auto?

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was 100% set on the 6.2/8spd as my next truck.

Unless a hard fix comes about, ill gladly take a 2014 with the proven 6spd.

Suggest you do a search....lots of issues with the 6 speeds. Might be less failures. GM is already working on 10 speeds so don't expect too much!

Found the buyers tag receipt, which shows I bought the truck in December of 2014. So hopefully from January on they corrected whatever the issue was with the 8 speed transmissions.

Is there anyone that doesn't have transmission problems. I was looking into buying one but this thread is pushing me towards a different truck seems like these trucks are having a lot of issues.

I have no issues with mine. Built in Feb 2015

Mine is a March 2015 build, no issues to report so far.

None at all? Does it have audible clicking when it shifts, whine as its decelerating in the first couple of gears, or sometimes lunges or bangs on that last downshift when coming to a stop?

My replacement transmission was supposed to be the latest revision, but I get all of that. I get the first two all the time, and the last two randomly.

Drove my truck to work again, honestly have been trying to get it to have the issues described here and just can't. Drives/rides great, don't want to get out of it

Almost 700 miles, built in Jan

Thanks for all the replies maybe I'll book a test drive.

If you go for a test drive, try to test drive one with some miles on it already. I have the belief that when the transmissions are new (and don't have shift problems at the start like some of us), when they don't have much in the way of shift data yet, they tend to be really conservative in their shifting. That makes the transmission much smoother than it will be day in and out once it is done "learning".

None at all? Does it have audible clicking when it shifts, whine as its decelerating in the first couple of gears, or sometimes lunges or bangs on that last downshift when coming to a stop?

My replacement transmission was supposed to be the latest revision, but I get all of that. I get the first two all the time, and the last two randomly.

None of that. Very smooth. At light throttle starts it shifts quickly to third, but after that I hardly notice the shifts. At heavier throttle it feels great. No noises. No lunges as I stop. I will let you know as I pile some more miles on. I'm pulling a bass boat a couple hundred miles next week.

Is there anyone that doesn't have transmission problems. I was looking into buying one but this thread is pushing me towards a different truck seems like these trucks are having a lot of issues.

Mine is a Dec build. It shifted a little strange but after about 1000 miles it shifts fine now. There are obviously a lot of bad ones out there but I really believe some do learn after a while.

Archived