Anyone with a 2015 6.2l with the 8 speed auto?

Just as a last follow up, they found the bolts on the driver's rear brake caliper and the bolts that mount the axle to the leaf spring not torqued to spec, allowing movement under load. I've driven it hard as they asked me to in order to see if they solved, and no more noise. Four months, three dealerships, a transmission, and it all came down to someone slipping up down in Silao.

Cheap labor... I feel sorry for the ones who's trucks will be built on May 6th!

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my replaced transmission is still clunk free I have about 3k miles on it now and I think the electrical problem has been fixed

Wow.

Yeah sucks when I'm slowing down when a car in front if me is turning, then I give it gas a it clunks like the driveshaft is about to fall out. It'll get worse, trust me. How many miles you have?

Today, my worst nightmare (regarding my truck) came true and I got the exact clunk Gunner99 describes above. Not once, not twice, but 6 or 7 times at highway speeds when a couple semis hogged up the road causing a mini traffic jam.

Let the truck coast, vehicles ahead of me pull away some, give it gas to maintain speed and holy crap, felt like the rear gear box fell out. Very audible, like a small subwoofer thump. Proceeded to do it any time I coasted on the way home.

Guess I get to contact my dealer tomorrow. This'll be 'fun.' Made it 73xx miles before this started, just for reference.

Sorry to hear that dude. Please keep us posted with what happens. Out of curiosity, when was your truck built?

My truck was built 12/23 I believe. Already has the updated transmission design or so I'm told. They say they can't get me in to look at it til Monday. Going to contact another local dealer and see if they have time for today.

My truck was built 12/23 I believe. Already has the updated transmission design or so I'm told. They say they can't get me in to look at it til Monday. Going to contact another local dealer and see if they have time for today.

That is around the same time-frame mine was built and it had the "clunks" from day one. Based on what I have read here, GM has updated the new 8L90's being produced and the more recently built trucks don't have this symptom. Just stay on top of the dealer(s) who are addressing this issue and don't take the "performing as normal" excuse.

That is around the same time-frame mine was built and it had the "clunks" from day one. Based on what I have read here, GM has updated the new 8L90's being produced and the more recently built trucks don't have this symptom. Just stay on top of the dealer(s) who are addressing this issue and don't take the "performing as normal" excuse.

I had hoped I was lucky enough to miss this issue since I had gone so long without it. Oh well.

The specific salesman I bought it from is a good friend of mine so I'm hoping he can help me keep some pressure on them, especially since the company I work for buys all our pickups through him. Maybe wishful thinking, but even without his help I plan to hound them at every turn. Seems to be the only way to get results these days.

Funny trucks being built close to Christmas having a lot of these issues, minds not on task at the factory perhaps? But I think it was the first of the 8 speeds being produced starting in December as well?

Definitely appears to be isolated to trucks built/produced in the fall/winter of 2014. Seems like January 2015 on, there havent been any reported issues. These clunks were also reported in the Escalade's and Denali's built in late 2014.

My Silverado was ordered Feb 26 and I got it the beginning of this week. The 8 speed seems to be performing fine, I haven't felt or heard anything abnormal.

Well, took a service guy for a ride along and couldn't reproduce the clunk. It had been doing it all weekend (through 600ish miles). The ride along was early in the morning so I do wonder if it might be heat related, from the transmission fluid thinning out as it warms up or something. Will have to do another ride along later in the week, hopefully it doesn't go into hiding again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, new here but have been reading these posts close. I had a 2013 Silverado with the 6.2 and max tow with 373's. 10 weeks ago I ordered a 2015 with 6.2 and max tow LTZ plus package! If the dealer is right it should show up tomorrow on the transport? I had a BlackBear tune in my 13' and plan on having them do the new one after I get a few miles on it. Has anyone done that yet to the new model yet? I do know as of right now they can NOT due the 8 speed tranny yet.

Archived