cjb321's 06 sierra 2500HD

cjb321

i know this is a GM site and i'll prolly get bashed on about it and i kinda feel guilty but......

new daily driver:

IMG_0487_zpsq4zaxnsp.jpg

IMG_0486_zps8j6tykfv.jpg

IMG_0485_zps29rlkngv.jpg

wish i could figure out a way to make my truck dash look like this:

IMG_0489_zpsxipojcgk.jpg

Still a nice car.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the past few months the starter on the truck has been acting up. Once the truck got warmed up the starter would fail to engage sometimes. Well i finally got tired of fighting with it and got a new one. Didnt take any pics cause it was dark out when i changed it but im sure we all know what a starter looks like. It was a pain though because the trans cooler lines run right next to the starter so unless you have really small hands it sucks.

Did get some new parts for the truck also because im starting the the dash part of the build. Got new headlight and cargo/fog switches and after some thought i may as well order a new ac/heat controller. Going to do blue led swap in all 3. Got new ones because im not sure if the olds ones will last much longer. Headlight switch has a loose connection in it already and i never touch it lol. Guage cluster im going to do in white led because after looking at others i think it just too much blue, i have a plan that may look cool too if i can get it to work. If i do i'll do a write up for anyone who wants to copy.

• 2 weeks later...

New dash pieces all came in finally. Couple weeks i should have the dash done with all LED and maybe the Escalade bezel. Bezel depends on the shop thats doing the LEDs for me, if thier price is cheaper than me buying it myself.

Decided to get the cargo.fog switch combo instead of the blank because im going to use that switch to power a relay for the lights im going to add to the brushguard when i get them. Factory fogs im going to tie into the parking lights. Thats the plan anyway lol havent looked at everything yet to see if it'll work or not.

IMG_0551_zpslk3gnfdu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got the LEDs done in the dash, guages were supposed to be white but he did them in blue for some reason but im ok with it i guess. May change the needles to a different color but not sure what yet. Have the Escalade bezel on order so hopefully that'll come in soon.

IMG_0574_zpsbe7hiv8j.jpg

Nasty hail storm hit early this morning. From my bedroom it sounded like my poor truck was getting hammered but i guess i got lucky, just 1 little dent on the hood.

IMG_0576_zpsmp5zwucp.jpg

Archived