2015 Corvette Z06 launches to 60-MPH in 2.95 seconds

Zane

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also never thought I'd see cars sell for 4 TIMES what my parents paid for their house back in '71 ....

Used to be a time when any working man could afford any car. LONG, long ago it seems ...

When exactly was that? Because Rolls Royces, Bentleys and the like have been around since the 20s. Pretty sure those were not within reach of your average worker in their day.

Is that what you call it? Back in the day a working man could buy a house for roughly double his average income. Average income today in America is about $50-55k.

Are houses still $110k? Not anywhere near here, that's for sure.

All you guys that think $60k for a new pickup is a bargain, I'm glad for you. Have at it! :lol: I've got a thousand BETTER things to spend $60k on ....that will last LONGER than 10 years ...

I'd never spend $60k on a pickup or anywhere near it. Leather and all that fluff is a luxury. I'll be perfectly happy buying another mid-level LT which will likely end up costing somewhere in the mid 30s.

As for housing, the coats have overpriced housing. I could easily buy a good house here in the midwest for $110k.

• 1 month later...

And for almost $20 grand less you can 1/4 mile just as fast or faster with the new Dodge Hellcat. Bigger blower, better cooling and better geared for drag racing.

no not as fast the hellcats while they do have 707 horespower they are extreemly heavy and get blown out of the water even by a gt500 which then gets absolutely dominated by even a regular c7 corvette

no not as fast the hellcats while they do have 707 horespower they are extreemly heavy and get blown out of the water even by a gt500 which then gets absolutely dominated by even a regular c7 corvette

Based on the information we have so far the Hellcat is faster in the 1/4 mile than the C7Z06 and for sure the C7.

The Hellcat is good for one thing... Going straight... it is a factory Drag car. It handles better than the old boats of the 1970's & 1960's for sure, but the Z06 is a completely different anamal, more of an all around performance sports car.

The Hell Cat is an awesome ride, no doubt, I would love to own one, but it is the definition of "Muscle" it is best suited for straight lines

Archived