Why no A/C or heat vents for the rear seats?

I don't carry passengers too much, but it's getting cold out and last weekend a friend in the back of my Crew Cab asked me to turn up the heat... so I did and then he asked me to turn it up again and i was like "how are you not on fire?!".

Turns out there's no vents back there huh?! Haha, I've had the truck a year now and just noticed this. 52K truck and no vents in the back seats... makes sense.

Previous model doesn't either

Ryan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yepp , by buddies 2008 CC didnt have the back vents either.

I dont get it , but sounds like Gm cheaped out. Also the vents on the floor are a joke.

The vents in the back , Remote start. auto tail gate , LED headlights, maybe LED tails, stoarge under the back seats ... These are some things I would have liked to see on the 2014+ models.

Yepp , by buddies 2008 CC didnt have the back vents either.

I dont get it , but sounds like Gm cheaped out. Also the vents on the floor are a joke.

The vents in the back , Remote start. auto tail gate , LED headlights, maybe LED tails, stoarge under the back seats ... These are some things I would have liked to see on the 2014+ models.

People want all of that, and then complain that the price is already too high.

are you crazy? they do not work quite well, and they only work in lower, or bi level, not vent. they barely blow anything, and why would you blow AC down there anyway?

Sure I am.

They may not be perfect, but K2's do have rear vents. They just aren't on the center console like some would want them to be. Mine work fine.

People want all of that, and then complain that the price is already too high.

Cars and trucks are getting more and more expensive, I get that but these things should atleast be options.

Yepp , by buddies 2008 CC didnt[sic]have the back vents either.

The vents in the back , Remote start. auto tail gate , LED headlights, maybe LED tails, stoarge[sic] under the back seats ... These are some things I would have liked to see on the 2014+ models.

My 2015 has Remote start and storage under the back seat.

• 1 month later...

I can not believe there are no rear seat vents. Like the original poster I too assumed there would be vents like in the Denali Yukon. Was I surprised to see none. I carry dogs in back seat but have them on a bed and this blocks the under seat air vents, if they really exist. I looked under the seat and did not see anything. Gonna be flipping this one with less that 750 miles on it, AMP steps, and ARE camper shell and going back to Ford. Gonna take the financial hit to get a truck that provides comfort to all passengers and not just the driver and passenger.

I can not believe there are no rear seat vents. Like the original poster I too assumed there would be vents like in the Denali Yukon. Was I surprised to see none. I carry dogs in back seat but have them on a bed and this blocks the under seat air vents, if they really exist. I looked under the seat and did not see anything. Gonna be flipping this one with less that 750 miles on it, AMP steps, and ARE camper shell and going back to Ford. Gonna take the financial hit to get a truck that provides comfort to all passengers and not just the driver and passenger.

The underseat vents work great.

Yeah, might be there and I could not see them. The issue is I have a 6" memory foam custom fit to cover the area of the back floor with the rear seats up. So in essence they act like a dam against the back of the front seats and thus no flow, if present, makes it into the rear area. So the only way to cool the back is with the front vents and if you get it cool back there when it is 110 outside you probably can hang meat in the front seat. My F350 has vents in the back of the center console that run from the ducts in the dash and provide an equal source of flow as the front. So as the front cools or heats so does the rear...and the dog bed has no impact. Just a bad decision by GM to save a few bucks.

Okay, Bye!

Yeah, might be there and I could not see them. The issue is I have a 6" memory foam custom fit to cover the area of the back floor with the rear seats up. So in essence they act like a dam against the back of the front seats and thus no flow, if present, makes it into the rear area. So the only way to cool the back is with the front vents and if you get it cool back there when it is 110 outside you probably can hang meat in the front seat. My F350 has vents in the back of the center console that run from the ducts in the dash and provide an equal source of flow as the front. So as the front cools or heats so does the rear...and the dog bed has no impact. Just a bad decision by GM to save a few bucks.

So the problem is that you modified the HVAC system and are now unhappy that it doesn't work?

No, but go ahead and take your best shots. ;-) My fault for not looking closer, but that in itself does not make my opinion invalid. But thanks for helping me out and wish you all the best.

Crew cabs should have rear vents period. Either in the headliner or the center console. It's total BS that they don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. My thoughts also. Cheers!

Archived