Why no A/C or heat vents for the rear seats?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm bothered by this as well. I did notice it before I bought my crew too. I had the displeasure of riding in the back on a hot day and it was uncomfortable. On hot days I have to say I catch myself looking at the competitive trucks. All the other manufacturers have vents in the console. My 2005 Silvy had them. It's a bad delete.

• 1 month later...

Long story, but I had a 2013 Silverado for a few days and I was happy that it had the rear vents. So I assumed (yep, that word) that the 2014 would have them. Yep, that assumption hurts a little.

Now that being said, if I would have noticed sooner, it would not have been a deal breaker. Still lovin the truck.

But it really is just complete silliness that these trucks don't have them. :dunno:

Long story, but I had a 2013 Silverado for a few days and I was happy that it had the rear vents. So I assumed (yep, that word) that the 2014 would have them. Yep, that assumption hurts a little.

Now that being said, if I would have noticed sooner, it would not have been a deal breaker. Still lovin the truck.

But it really is just complete silliness that these trucks don't have them. :dunno:

It has them, they're under the front seats.

Weird they didn't take what they had in the Avalanche. Two cents right behind the center consol. This is a bug miss. Weird.

Exactly. My '03 Avalanche has them.

My 2013 had them, but I've looked and noticed nothing in my 2014. Are you the 2014's have them?

My 2015 has them, but they aren't very big and aren't very good. The front seat cooler fan puts out more air than they do. I've had two passengers complain about the "ac vents in the seat" putting out hot air right into their face because the seat cooler is actually a Peltier cooler that pulls heat across a component and vents the hot air out one of those vents. Both times I've had to turn off my seat cooler to give them a bit of comfort. Well done GM, well done.

My 2015 has them below the seats. They work fine.

What's your trim level. I'm pretty sure my crew cab LT doesn't have these.

My brother in law's 2005 extended cab with CLOTH seats (LS trim level? The lower one) has center console rear vents.

GM just didn't include them on these trucks to cut corners and save money that's really all there is to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's your trim level. I'm pretty sure my crew cab LT doesn't have these.

My brother in law's 2005 extended cab with CLOTH seats (LS trim level? The lower one) has center console rear vents.

GM just didn't include them on these trucks to cut corners and save money that's really all there is to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're on the floor, and are black. Right below each of the front seats. LTZ Z71.

adding rear vents in the console will cut down on console space. I think they were trying to boast how much it had over the competitors. Also the vents under the seats seem to work fine for me and my passengers.

They're on the floor, and are black. Right below each of the front seats. LTZ Z71.

So you need an LTZ to get them. Thanks GM MSRP on my truck was only $43k so makes sense it wouldn't have any rear vents.....

adding rear vents in the console will cut down on console space. I think they were trying to boast how much it had over the competitors. Also the vents under the seats seem to work fine for me and my passengers.

AC feels better blowing on your face not your feet. You're probably right about the console space but I personally don't care about that. I want vents that blow on my face if I'm sitting in the back. Cool air doesn't rise it makes sense to have the vents higher than on the floor....that's a cop out for GM in my opinion. Hell the old Tahoes and Suburbans had them in the head liner...put them there! As I've stated earlier, there really is no excuse for not having decent rear vents on these trucks. It's simply due to cost cutting and half assed designs by GM.

Archived