Why no A/C or heat vents for the rear seats?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We purchased an 03 Yukon Denali and after the purchase I realized they did not put the stainless exhaust tip on the tail pipe, I almost took it back. I was told that was a cost savings move by the management. It's the same thing with the exclusion of the rear air vents on these new high dollar trucks. They may offer them in a year or 2, really they might catch up with the other manufacturers later. After the massive federal funding given to them they provide an incomplete product. I know there are loyal die hard GM fan on hear but be honest. I like GMC but not enough to plunk down 60k on a truck that would provide less comfort to the rear passengers.

Sitting in my slt cc truck today in Florida and noticed my child sweeting. With the ac on auto turned down to 65 no air was blowing out the magic underseat vents i see several praising. After experimenting i found i have to turn it to the floor setting to get some air moving through the vents, not enough to keep my child cool i may add.

After leaving chevy for a number of years due to quality issues i decided to come back and while i enjoy the new body style truck over previous generations my f150 that i traded was a much better designed truck. The ac seats dis not blow hot air on my child rendering them useless, the heated seats got hot, it had reae ac vents, it didnt vibrate. The frame coating didnt peel off, was much roomier, and the radio and voice commands actually worked. Many other gripes but piss poor climare control is the worst for me at the moment, until i get on the highway and start vibrating again.

We just took a trip from Illinois to Texas. In Texas it was at least 95 everyday. Because of this forum thread, I asked my kids who were sitting in the back seat, if they felt the cold air coming out from underneath the seat or if they were hot. They said they were just fine, and could feel the cold air coming from under the seats. I wasn't using auto I just had the setting down to cold as far as it would go but I did not have the fan speed up to maximum probably about the middle or less. We didn't have any problems with people getting hot in the backseat. Also my truck is a 2014 Silverado LT. So at least in my truck the vents under the seat work just fine.

Just point two of your front vents up and towards the back. I did a 3500 mile road trip with passengers in the rear with no issues.

We just took a trip from Illinois to Texas. In Texas it was at least 95 everyday. Because of this forum thread, I asked my kids who were sitting in the back seat, if they felt the cold air coming out from underneath the seat or if they were hot. They said they were just fine, and could feel the cold air coming from under the seats. I wasn't using auto I just had the setting down to cold as far as it would go but I did not have the fan speed up to maximum probably about the middle or less. We didn't have any problems with people getting hot in the backseat. Also my truck is a 2014 Silverado LT. So at least in my truck the vents under the seat work just fine.

I have found that if you can with stand it long enough the cool air on your feet actually cools me down faster than the air hitting my face or body. Its pretty hot here somewhere in the 90s daily and I travel with 2 small dogs in a cage in the back seats at times on the floor. If I can put up with their panting and being hot myself i'll run the floor vents and get us all cooled down. If not then the 2 middle vents on the dash point towards the back and works fine

Check your vents under the seats, I checked mine and found that it was completely blocked by the carpet.

I happened to check under my seats finally this past weekend and I found these piece of junk "under the seat" vents and yes, they were completely blocked by the carpet. I'm thinking of getting a couple of paint stirrers or something to slide under these "vents" (and I use that term very loosely here) to raise them up a little bit. What a joke.

I have three kids in the back all the time and they never complain - about the temperature that is. In Texas, the cold air on your feet is awesome after walking across a 135 degree blacktop parking lot.

The funny/sad part is that no other 2015 crew cab truck is missing rear vents.

Actually, I was told that at least for Ford (maybe Ram too?), only the upper trim levels have rear AC vents - the lower trims levels don't.

This is one of those items that is blown way out of proportion. Point the middle vents to the rear and select the bi-level setting. This is my second summer in Texas with this truck and the cooling system is more than adequate. It's not that big of a space.

Archived