Have u filed for Lemon Law about a 2014 Silverado/Sierra?

Has anyone here filed a lemon law lawsuit about a 2014 Silverado/Sierra?

Did GM offer a settlement before the court date? If yes, did you accept the settlement offer? Would you share the details?

Has anyone actually had to go all the way to court with a lemon lawsuit against GM? If yes, did you win? Who paid your attorney?

Did you file for arbitration, BBB Autoline or similar, before filing lemon law?

Please share any details that could help the next person that may be looking at doing the same thing. Thanks for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of views. No replies.

I filed with BBB and the BBB process got me another repair attempt after my dealer refused to look at it any more for the vibration.

Next is the final repair after sending a certified letter to GM, then if still not repaired, lemon law.

If anyone actually has filed a lemon law lawsuit against GM, could you share your thoughts on the process?

It's possible (probable?) that if you do settle, part of the agreement is a "keep quiet" clause. I settled with a company once upon a time regarding a product defect and part of the agreement was not to mention the company or the settlement.

I guess its possible that they may demand a non disclosure agreement as part of the settlement.

Can anyone even say that they cant say anythng because of a settlement agreement?

I mean, saying "I cant say anything" would say a lot.

It's possible (probable?) that if you do settle, part of the agreement is a "keep quiet" clause. I settled with a company once upon a time regarding a product defect and part of the agreement was not to mention the company or the settlement.

This fella is an attorney here in MI that specializes in auto litigation. It's a 20-minute podcast/overview of the process. I have no dealings with him, he writes for Jalopnik and he used to own a duce and a half, which is pretty cool.

Link:

https://soundcloud.com/stevelehto/lehtos-law-ep-1-lemon-law-overview

This fella is an attorney here in MI that specializes in auto litigation. It's a 20-minute podcast/overview of the process. I have no dealings with him, he writes for Jalopnik and he used to own a duce and a half, which is pretty cool.

Link:

https://soundcloud.com/stevelehto/lehtos-law-ep-1-lemon-law-overview

It's pretty cool if you're up front driving, riding in the back for miles/hours, not so much!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Havent updated this thread in a while. The final repair was unsuccessful. More tire balancing and false declarations that it was fixed.

I notified BBB that I wanted to continue my complaint and finish with the Autoline process and go to arbitration. Waiting for the wheels to turn and get me there.

Once I finish with that, if GM hasnt stepped up with a buyback offer by then, lemon lawsuit.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a buddy with a '14 silverado that vibrated at 72mph and up. The dealer had it longer than he did. They did all the tire balance, rim and tire change stuff. Nothing worked. They checked joints and still nothing. They were done messing with it and he was told the speed limit was 70 so it shouldn't be a problem. He told them that he just wanted out of the truck because of all the issues and it didn't feel like his anymore. He was told he could trade it out at a "used vehicle" trade. That was B.S. They finally figured out that it was the yoke going into the rear-end.

We were at lunch a few days later and a dealer buddy told me of the Regional GM reps being at his dealership at the time. Vibration problem buddy went and parked himself at that dealer and asked for the GM rep by name. Got a meeting. After meeting with the GM rep he was told it would be taken care of. Rep called his dealer and it was all solved FAST. He even payed a little extra to get the CC. The dealer settled and ate the loss on the "used" trade to get him out. If they did a refund; they would have to file the truck with problems and disclose to the next driver.

Archived